• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
A 25-year-old woman who authorities say let her newborn son drown in a toilet before throwing him from a second-floor window has been sentenced to 12 years in jail.

Ciara A. Jackson of Centreville was charged last year with concealment of a homicidal death following the September 2013 incident at an East St. Louis home where she sometimes stayed.

Prosecutors allege Jackson delivered the baby in a toilet and wrapped him in a towel before throwing him.

The Belleville News-Democrat (bit.ly/1QDafSx) reports Jackson was sentenced Friday after pleading guilty but mentally ill. She’d also faced involuntary manslaughter.

In court, Jackson said she understood the charges. A clinical pathologist who evaluated her described her history with bipolar disorder, drug and alcohol dependence and being an alleged victim of child abuse.

http://fox2now.com/2016/03/06/woman-gets-12-year-sentence-for-newborns-drowning-death/

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article64280447.html

This article gives a VERY different account of the condition of the child, which helps to explain the charges.

Someone wanted this baby. :(
Jackson was arrested. When she was interviewed by East St. Louis Detective Darlene Diggs and Columbia Detective Karla Heine, who is part of the Child Death Review Task Force, Jackson said she didn’t want the baby. She said she wanted to have an abortion, but she was too far along when she realized she was pregnant, Emmanuel said.

Emmanuel told Baricevic that Jackson had told police that she thought about putting the baby boy up for adoption, and a neighbor offered to adopt the baby.

Jackson also said, in the interview with the detectives, that “she was afraid if she took Baby Boy Jackson out of the water, she would have to move out and be homeless with the baby, but if the baby died, she could stay where she was and the baby wouldn’t have to suffer. She said she left the baby boy face-down in that toilet to die,” Emmanuel said.

After she removed the baby from the toilet, she grabbed a green and white towel and placed his body on it, wrapped him up and tossed him out of the window. She said she saw the baby bounce off the neighboring house and land in a pile of sticks, according to the prosecutor.

Emmanuel said Jackson later had intentions of going out to where she tossed the baby and burying him. “Later that night, after being told by her neighbor that she needed to seek medical attention, she called 911. She never sought medical attention for the baby,” Emmanuel said.

Dr. Raj Nanduri, a forensic pathologist, performed the autopsy, determining the cause of death was drowning. An additional forensic pathologist, Mary Case, concluded Baby Boy Jackson was a viable baby.

Jackson also said, in the interview with the detectives, that “she was afraid if she took Baby Boy Jackson out of the water, she would have to move out and be homeless with the baby, but if the baby died, she could stay where she was and the baby wouldn’t have to suffer. She said she left the baby boy face-down in that toilet to die,” Emmanuel said

Nobody is REALLY that fucking stupid, unless they're a retard of course. I've grown tired of people's bullshit. I can't see how a goddamn judge hasn't.

12 years. @BostonBurns called it. :(

Oops. @Nell beat me to it. Shoulda read through first.
[doublepost=1474722865,1474722552][/doublepost]
She said she saw the baby bounce off the neighboring house and land in a pile of sticks, according to the prosecutor.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article64280447.html#storylink=cpy

Fucking crack whore.

Not viable, my ass!

That baby did gasp, did take (or try to take) a breath. There's your aspirated lungs. But not for being face down in the toilet, he would've survived.

Hence the autopsy.

That aside, she admitted to wrapping him and tossing him out the window, watching him bounce off another roof and "intended" to go bury HER INFANT THAT SHE KILLED later?!?!

There's a severe level of disconnect here. Needing a place to stay does not equal the malice it took, tossing an infant's corpse off the second floor and watching it bounce.

I would love to see the official judicial explanation for this sentence.
At least she'll get lots of therapy and help in prison so that when she gets released, this won't happen again. :shifty:

Back