• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
An unresponsive woman was caught on camera on the ground suffering from an overdose in a store.

In the scary footage, the woman's 2-year-old daughter tried to pull her mother's arm and wailed.

[...]

According to the TV station, the mother may have overdosed on either oral heroin or a narcotic like fentanyl.

She needed two Narcan doses so she could be revived and her bag was revealed to contain straws and baggies with drug residue, the report said.

She's going to be charged with child endangerment and her daughter's in custody with the Department of Children and Families, according to Fox 25.

The woman was identified as 36-year-old Mandy McGowen of Salem, New Hampshire, by the Eagle Tribune.

A police report, the newspaper reported, says McGowen said she didn't overdose and had fallen asleep.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-overdose-toddler-daughter-tries-wake-up.html

this video pisses me off SO BAD - not one person helped take that little girl away - they just stood there taking a video! poor lil bit :(

Ugh... Drug addiction is fucking awful. Poor baby. I hope the mom gets help while her child is taken care of by someone better equipped.

Fuck. She went down hard, you can tell from the unnatural angle her head and shoulder is, all up against that shelf. Fell asleep, my ass.

They basically ignored the baby while going thru her phone. I think I could hold the baby and go thru the phone at the same time.

What is so appealing with this stuff, why would you want to spend your life zonked out?

this video pisses me off SO BAD - not one person helped take that little girl away - they just stood there taking a video! poor lil bit :(

Word ... and the poor little thing tried so hard too, until she grabbed her little teddy bear,

fuck you guys I'll just hug this.

Fuck you Ms. Mcgowen ... PIG!

People like this are the way the world is the way it is. And I'm not talking about junkie mom neither.
I'm sure the dick snots taking the video think they are nice compassionate people in their day to day lives but I think they just proved themselves with this act of callous disregard for this poor child.
Leave mom where she is but get the child away and damn sure don't pull out your phones to video the entire ordeal. Ugh.

It was awful to watch that video...seeing people concerned but not offering the child any form of support or taking her away from the situation. Then to see her pick up the teddy bear and hug it...she needed a real hug. So sad.

They basically ignored the baby while going thru her phone. I think I could hold the baby and go thru the phone at the same time.

What is so appealing with this stuff, why would you want to spend your life zonked out?
Because there is a feel good right before the zonk.

So I've been told.

I can only agree with the rest of you and voice my horror that people had the time to stop, but only to record this horrific moment in this child's life... Not one person went to her. :rage:

That should be the topic of this travesty. Heroin, we're used to.
Like @Keepalowprofile pointed out, they do H because it feels good (not arguing that; they don't do it because it makes them feel like shit; people seem to not acknowledge that, but there it is.) Why do some people need to feel "better?" That I don't know. :shrug:

The topic of this story, though, should be the blatant indifference shown by the onlookers here, the complete disregard for this child and what she had to be feeling; my god, it's chilling! That's the shocking part of it all (not even the semi-impressive double dose of Narcan it took to revive this loser... Who decided she was worth that extra slam?)

But the rest of those people, the ones NOT on H? What's their excuse for ignoring humanity for the sake of a soon-to-be-shared video of a woman in the throes of addiction? SMFH.... Had to be a nightmare for that little girl; they're acting as though she doesn't even exist.
FTW so hard. It's all I can think of to say. :(

Since the mother jumped on the Denial Train with zero regard for her daughter (I'm assuming it MUST be her daughter; who'd leave anything living with this POS?) I think they shouldn't burden her further with this obvious hindrance to sleep and put this child in the best home they can find. Any chance she may have had not to relive this nightmare in her future, though, were ruined by every person there who didn't scoop her up and away from this scene. A stuffed bear did more than anyone alive in that video, and that's a fucking shame.

It does not apply to everyone, but I have known people who had such horrific shit happen to them that they became junkies or terrible drunks in order to mask their pain. Again, some people are just shitty losers, but I know that sometimes there is a catalyst for such drug/alcohol abuse.

That said, don't have a kid until you get your shit straight, FFS.

My only foray into drug abuse happened when I was about 18 and someone in the car was passing put tranquilizers, everybody else said they were having a great time, as I puked my guts up from the tranq. I guess I should thank it, I suppose.

That being said, I have no such problems getting drunk, but I don't like the feeling of being out of control of myself and my surroundings. Besides which, I had too many mean, sloppy, drunks in my family, both sides, to have missed the message that being drunk (or high) for your entire existence is not good. Your problems are still there when you're sober, they've not gone anywhere, and you're killing yourself over it.

My only foray into drug abuse happened when I was about 18 and someone in the car was passing put tranquilizers, everybody else said they were having a great time, as I puked my guts up from the tranq. I guess I should thank it, I suppose.

That being said, I have no such problems getting drunk, but I don't like the feeling of being out of control of myself and my surroundings. Besides which, I had too many mean, sloppy, drunks in my family, both sides, to have missed the message that being drunk (or high) for your entire existence is not good. Your problems are still there when you're sober, they've not gone anywhere, and you're killing yourself over it.

I cannot even take pain meds when desperately needed (root canal) because I get all sweaty and nauseated and out of my head. I'd rather the pain than the painkiller. Percocet is the fucking WORST, but I have had somewhat better results with Lortab. The last time I needed pain meds, I just took 800mg ibuprofen.

Perhaps I am just super sensitive to that shit.

I have only been drunk once.
I hated it. I couldn't wait for it to be over. The whole world was screwed up.
I had the idea to go to bed and sleep it off. Oh man, that was a mistake, the bed was spinning.
:YOW::vomit:
I was 32 years old and in las vegas.
It was white russians. :hungry: they slid down so easy.
I was so drunk, I decided to go to my room. On the way, I passed the gift shop and drcided I needed cigarettes.
Got side tracked when I saw my name on things. Tiny license plates, shot glasses, pencils etc.
I bought $80 worth of cheesy las vegas crap. I was totally elated because I have never found anything with my name. Lydia is not that common.
The only problem, when I woke up, all my treasures said LYNDA

I do partake in mj but only when all my daily must do list is completed.

I have only been drunk once.
I hated it. I couldn't wait for it to be over. The whole world was screwed up.
I had the idea to go to bed and sleep it off. Oh man, that was a mistake, the bed was spinning.
:YOW::vomit:
I was 32 years old and in las vegas.
It was white russians. :hungry: they slid down so easy.
I was so drunk, I decided to go to my room. On the way, I passed the gift shop and drcided I needed cigarettes.
Got side tracked when I saw my name on things. Tiny license plates, shot glasses, pencils etc.
I bought $80 worth of cheesy las vegas crap. I was totally elated because I have never found anything with my name. Lydia is not that common.
The only problem, when I woke up, all my treasures said LYNDA

I do partake in mj but only when all my daily must do list is completed.

I have been drunk lots of times, but in the last 20 years maybe only thrice. (I like saying "thrice"-sounds all smart like) Drunk sucks. Buzzed is rather nice.

And my name is also very hard to find in gift shops, which is weird considering my name is not that rare....but there are lots of Caylyns, Aaliyahs, Theilors....

My daughter also has a very "traditional" name and it is never amongst the offerings...hmmm..

I cannot even take pain meds when desperately needed (root canal) because I get all sweaty and nauseated and out of my head.

Same reaction to pain killers too, I had carpal and cubital tunnel surgery in June, they sent me home with hydrocodone, it is still in the cabinet with all the other ones I don't take. My hand and arm really didn't hurt that much, I'm either super woman or everybody else is a wimp, I'm not sure. LOL

Useless onlookers.

As for mom...
asleep, passed out, overdosed...all the same to a junkie.

addiction takes us places we said we would never go, makes us do things we said we would never do with people we said we would never be around. we come up with some of the most original (and unbelievable) excuses. ive been where this woman is, deserved everything that happened to me as a result, just as she does. she needs help more than anything before she totally fucks that kid up. the onlookers, however, are just as guilty as she is.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/cha...dosed-in-toy-store-could-be-dropped/517311365
Prosecutors said McGowan had a long history of drug use, and even used drugs while at the hospital after being treated for the incident. But the defense said McGowan has made significant progress in her treatment program and now lives in a sober house.

The judge rejected recommendations from the prosecution and the defense, and settled on McGowan continuing her treatment with random drug and alcohol screenings.

If that is successful, the charges stemming from the video will be dro

Back