• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ds-embezzled-funds-and-42288-hoarded-letters/

ederal authorities have found more than two dozen cases of mail theft and related crimes in Southern California as part of a sweep targeting corruption and criminal activity affecting the U.S. Postal Service, the U.S. attorney’s office of the Central District of California announced last Friday.

In all, federal prosecutors charged 33 defendants in 28 cases with offenses including mail fraud, conspiracy, embezzlement and making false statements. The defendants ranged in age from 23 to 73, and most cases involved Postal Service employees, the attorney’s office said.

Many of the cases, made public last week, showed a range of fraudulent activity that pervaded many levels of the agency.

In one case, the defendant, Jarol Garcia, was a former mail handler who previously served as local area president of the Mail Handlers Union. The attorney’s office said Garcia stole mobile phones from packages going through the Moreno Valley Delivery Distribution Center, where he worked. Garcia would then trade the phones on a website; at one point, he allegedly possessed at least 166 mobile phones he had stolen from the mail, according to an indictment.

One defendant, Nicole Elwood, allegedly stole mail and packages that contained medications, including some sent from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to veterans, the attorney’s office said. She was charged with theft of mail by a postal employee. It was unclear what happened to the medications.

Several defendants were charged with mail theft or with dumping mail altogether. In the most extreme instance of this from the sweep, postal carrier Sherry Naomi Watanabe was charged with delaying the mail after investigators found “approximately 48,288 pieces” of mail stashed in her Los Angeles-area home, according to a plea agreement. The mail was supposed to have been delivered to customers on Watanabe’s route in Placentia, Calif., court documents said.

That's why I hate getting meds in the mail. I swear they steal it sometimes and make me look crazy when I try to explain I never received it!

Assholes!

Sherry Naomi Watanabe was charged with delaying the mail after investigators found “approximately 48,288 pieces” of mail stashed in her Los Angeles-area home,

Come on, sherry, how in the world did you think you were going to catch up?

Approximately 48, 288 pieces of mail.

Could they be any more vague...lol.

All joking aside I have tremendous respect for the USPS workers I have contact with in Niagara Fall, NY. They are always professional and courteous and take a lot of crap from dickish customers.

You want shitty mail service, just come to Canada.
10 days for letters to make it across town,
more missing and lost packages than delivered ones
rude muthers at the counters (unless you go to drop centres in other businesses)
if you are lucky enough to get mail delivery the envelopes are mangled
they don't do door to door anymore in many areas.
Cripes it is a postal serrvice that doesnt deliver mail FFS.

CANADA POST SUCKS DONKEY DONG!!!!!!!!

OK, feeling a lot better now

I'd like to know how many mail DC's these 28 worked at and the total number of mail carriers in those distribution centers. Then due the math to see how likely this is happening nation wide. Dishonest people suck.

The postal service is FULL of scumbags and criminals. I think it's fair to say the majority of individuals it employs are involved in some form of criminal activity. Filth.

Latest posts

Back