• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
So a 14 y.o indigenous boy year old stole a trail bike. From what I can work out, the owner of the bike, 55 y.o, later saw him on it and chased him in a 4WD, causing a collision or an accident. Theif is dead, and assailant is locked up, charged with manslaughter, and refused bail.

He was unable to attend his hearing today, because some people got upset, or something.

Of course the only way to respond to this is for 200+ local indigenous people to attack the court house and police.

Twelve police officers have been injured and protesters arrested in violent clashes in Kalgoorlie today, sparked by the death of an Indigenous 14-year-old boy.

The boy's body was found in bushland after a crash off Clancy Street in the Goldfields town of Boulder, around 595km east of Perth, yesterday morning.

A 55-year-old man was arrested and later charged with manslaughter over the boy's death.

He was refused bail and was due to appear in the Kalgoorlie Magistrates Court today.

A large group of protesters gathered outside the courthouse, with some hurling rocks and bottles at the building.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...d-in-wa-goldfields-region#thSAZzxRwzLrX25G.99

More video and info at this link

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...t/news-story/71b352036131fce8f26a38654a85001d

Edtited title to be nice.

Last edited:
That man deserves to be charged reckless idiot thinking he's the cops.

There is certainly a lot for Aboriginal and Indigenous peoples be angry about including a long history with the Police, Black Lives Matter is definitely an international issue.

That man deserves to be charged reckless idiot thinking he's the cops.

There is certainly a lot for Aboriginal and Indigenous peoples be angry about including a long history with the Police, Black Lives Matter is definitely an international issue.

Agreed. But this was (apparently*) a private citizen. Police arrested and charged him. Court refused bail. What's to get angry about?

* I hope it wasn't an off duty cop. That would be nasty. They're suppressing his name, which is interesting. Maybe to protect his family?

Agreed. But this was (apparently*) a private citizen. Police arrested and charged him. Court refused bail. What's to get angry about?

* I hope it wasn't an off duty cop. That would be nasty. They're suppressing his name, which is interesting. Maybe to protect his family?

Yes private citizen so it is a different angle. I'm not excusing but the more Police that came the more riled up they got. I had a look but couldnt find any quotes from the people who were involved so I'm not sure they were feeling/expecting.

I'm glad the TV crew caught that elder trying to calm down some of the people.

I think from what I saw, the court house got smashed up and closed before the riot cops got there.

Don't quote me though. Details are still sketchy.

So do they think the man shouldn't be charged? I don't grasp why they're protesting. Guy kills aboriginal kid, guy gets arrested/charged/denied bail, other aboriginals protest this.

What message are they trying to send here? Bizarre.

What do they want, the accused handed over for a lynching?
Imbeciles.
He is in custody, no bail, charged.
Let the system deal with him.
Then if you hate the outcome go berzerk, but this is just dopey.

Kalgoorlie protest: Community mourns as elders call for action against online racism
Violent scenes erupted on Tuesday outside the town's courthouse after the accused was charged with manslaughter, with many voicing frustration that the charge was not more serious.
Meanwhile two senior members of the community have called for police to take action against people they say are posting vicious race-based comments on Kalgoorlie community social media pages.
where Aboriginal people were being threatened with rape and violence.

"We don't like violence actually happening, because it's really buggering up our relationship with non-Aboriginal people," he said.

"Here we are trying to build that relationship, and this kind of thing is going to happen, it's going to separate us all."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-30/community-mourns-as-elders-call-for-justice-after-riot/7799942

A couple of people were arrested but all released without charges

They were probably protesting his charge of manslaughter instead of a more serious charge. Kid's boy was found in the bushland. I'm willing to bet the guy ran the kid down intentionally for stealing a bike.

They were probably protesting his charge of manslaughter instead of a more serious charge. Kid's boy was found in the bushland. I'm willing to bet the guy ran the kid down intentionally for stealing a bike.

I'm pretty sure that's what the manslaughter charge is for. He ran him down, or knocked him over to get his bike back. Probably not intending to kill him, but who knows?

Maybe there were witnesses and racist slurs were uttered by the assailant.
Maybe not too.
Maybe they just see this shit happening elsewhere and jump on the bandwagon.
Maybe not too.

Kalgoorlie has some history of this stuff.

Back