• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

http://abc13.com/news/hpd-woman-abandons-infant-child-reports-her-kidnapped/1489849/
A local woman is in custody after she allegedly abandoned her four-month-old daughter and claimed she was kidnapped.

HPD says that Cleo Mobbs, 29, reported her infant daughter as kidnapped around 1am Saturday, telling authorities that two men took the child from her home [...]
round the same time, HPD was called to conduct a welfare check for a child found abandoned outside HFD fire station #18 on Telephone Road. The caller requesting the welfare check witnessed a blonde woman -- who police later determined was Mobbs -- dropping the child in the grass outside of the fire station and fleeing the scene.

Investigators later determined that Mobbs had abandoned the child and fabricated the kidnapping store.

Mobbs has been charged with abandoning a child [...]

No mention if authorities were able to find her eyebrows.

No mention if authorities were able to find her eyebrows.

:hilarious: I had to click the link just to see how bad it was. I assume that if police did find them they are keeping them as evidence. You know, as the additional things that she has abandoned. Lmao. She looks like she's wearing a wig too. :woot:

Because I wanted to know and you might also want to know. Texas safe haven laws are for babies under 2 months old only.
http://safehaven.tv/states/texas/
http://safehaven.tv/states/texas/
Texas Safe Haven Law:
Fam. Code 262.301,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9; 262.105 & Penal Code 22.041(h)

You can leave your baby, up to 60 days old, with an employee on duty at any hospital, emergency medical services provider or child welfare agency in Texas.

In Texas, no one ever has to abandon a child again.

In Texas, no one ever has to abandon a child again.

Yea cause no one ever wants to abandon a baby older than 2 months old. o_O

Two months is not long enough to get good and sick and tired of being a mother they should raise the limit to at least 6 months, and really to my way of thinking, any kid under 18 should be able to be relinquished if you feel you might kill them instead. I'm really only half joking.:confused:

She should have died in the car with the dad that wanted to kill his son. The two of them would have made a perfect match. I hope she never gets this child back. She obviously doesn't care two whits what happens to her daughter. I'm glad there was a witness.

Looks like she has alopecia and got a cheap blonde wig with dark roots.
I suppose just giving the baby up for adoption at two months was not an option? Was she looking for attention and sympathy? Or just going crazy? All of the above? I'd like more information to understand what she was after.

Last edited:
Hold up...was she trying to drop the baby off at the fire station as a safe haven? If so, I'm pretty sure the grass to the fire station doesn't count.

I realize the safe haven law in TX says 2 months, but I'm sure if she had walked into that fire station & told them she wanted to surrender her baby, they would have helped her-- no safe haven site is going to just turn away a distressed mother.

Since baby was older than the cut off age then it may not have been the normal procedure of dropping off anonymously & walking away- but I guarantee they would have gotten her in touch with the right agency.

(Just a quick statistic: approx 3,000 babies have been safely surrendered since baby safe haven laws were first enacted in 1999- TX was the first state to have the program!)

I'm just such a huge advocate of spreading the word & encouraging those in need to utilize the baby safe haven programs (which btw every state has!) They have made the process so simple & so private that there is never an excuse to ever abandon a baby. <3

Yea cause no one ever wants to abandon a baby older than 2 months old. o_O

Two months is not long enough to get good and sick and tired of being a mother they should raise the limit to at least 6 months, and really to my way of thinking, any kid under 18 should be able to be relinquished if you feel you might kill them instead. I'm really only half joking.:confused:
I'm thinking until about the age of 6 years.by that age you should have a pretty goid idea if you like them. By the time they are in first grade, you also would know if they are smart and can handle school with you having to sit there and flash those mindless cards
*what's 2-1 what word is this:CAT.

For some reason, I feel like this is some desperate, attention-seeking bs directed at a disinterested baby daddy. "Now he has to take my call. Our baby's missing!"

the funny thing about Cleo is... she is a spoiled upper middle class brat that couldnt handle that she was adopted and left her husband to live on the streets and become a crack whore. that is her 4th child that she will not raise. she has HIV and a longer rap sheet than 50 cent. She is a deplorable person and will probably get off with this because of her parents money.

Back