• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_6ea5cd42-b67b-55f3-a166-64f69428e2c7.html
ST. LOUIS • A 70-year-old woman was driving to church Sunday morning when three men pulled up alongside her in a Monte Carlo with Illinois plates, according to Dionne Flowers, alderwoman from the city's 2nd Ward.

"What's up OG, don't get too hot," the passenger in the back seat said before hurling a Molotov cocktail into the woman's SUV, according to Flowers, who spoke to police and people who were at the scene.

It exploded, and fire torched the inside of the woman's car. She managed to escape with no injuries with the aid of Larry Middlebrook, a St. Louis Second Ward Democratic committeeman who lives near the site of the explosion at Riverview Boulevard and Orchid Avenue, Flowers said.

The woman wanted to go back in to save her Bible, but Middlebrook stopped her.

St. Louis city police confirmed Sunday night that they were called to that location at 10:45 a.m. for a fire, that an object was thrown into the woman's car and that the woman was not injured. The bomb and arson unit was investigating.

Flowers said there were three men in the car about 20 to 25 years old, and the man who threw the cocktail had short braided hair. The explosion happened near the Our Lady of the Holy Cross' picnic, which Flowers was attending, so she managed to get a picture of the SUV as it was being towed away.
57c3c0a170341.image_zpsmvwob0bn.jpg

"What's up OG, don't get too hot," the passenger in the back seat said

In my imaginary world, not only does the victim live but this asshat's head spontaneously combusts and hilarity ensues as bystanders delight in instant justice.

...three men pulled up alongside her in a Monte Carlo with Illinois plates.
[...]
"What's up OG, don't get too hot," the passenger in the back seat said before hurling a Molotov cocktail into the woman's SUV
[...]
Flowers said there were three men in the car about 20 to 25 years old, and the man who threw the cocktail had short braided hair.
http://fox2now.com/2016/08/29/molotov-cocktail-thrown-at-elderly-woman-while-driving-to-church/

St. Louis. Short, braided hair. Monte Carlo. "OG".

"Move along people. Nothing to see." :rolleyes:
[doublepost=1472512013,1472501654][/doublepost]*sigh* Fascinating. I backtracked and the article I quoted earlier from fox2now is scrubbed of the content posted above and only gives a vague description of what happened. Gone is "What's up OG, don't get too hot,". Gone is Alderwoman Flowers' statement that one of the men had short, braided hair. Flowers is black elected official and her comment is deleted.

Every article on the net that I can find, not counting the original St. Louis Post-Dispatch article, delivers the same bland faceless story. Here's one of the carbon-copy articles from CBS St. Louis:

St. Louis police are searching for suspects after a Molotov cocktail was tossed into the SUV of a 70-year-old woman as she was heading to church.

The crime happened Sunday. The woman was not hurt but her vehicle was badly damaged. The police bomb and arson unit is investigating.

Police say the woman was on her way to church when a Monte Carlo with three men inside pulled alongside her SUV. The back seat passenger tossed the explosive device into the woman’s SUV, and it exploded, badly burning the inside of the vehicle.

A motive for the crime wasn’t clear.
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2016/08/29/police-molotov-cocktail-tossed-into-70-year-olds-suv/

Here's a *juicy* contribution from KMOV St. Louis:

According to police, the 79-year-old woman was driving southbound on Riverview when a black vehicle with three men inside pulled alongside her and someone inside yelled something. One of the suspects then threw an explosive device into the woman's open car window.
http://www.kmov.com/story/32861598/woman-driving-to-church-as-molotov-cocktail-thrown-through-window

That's it. Someone inside yelled SOMETHING. Powerful words. :beaver: Hopefully the media will follow up on the details and arrests if they happen, but I fear this story may... "disappear".

Oh, ouch. I guess I could say I put the link in the wrong place, but I did think Flowers was the victim. It isn't very clear who is what from what's quoted here, though.

But, point to you. Gotta take 'em when you can. :hattip:

Back