• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I've been Tivo-ing this new show on ID called 'Disappeared' and they had recently showed a episode on this case and it made my blood run cold. they showed ping's off her phone basically stopping in a swamp. it makes my hair stand on end just thinking what might of happened to this pretty young lady.

Disappeared - The Secret Journey (Part 1/3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVBMiNmpAdg

Disappeared - The Secret Journey (Part 2/3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW16G7fQ344

Disappeared - The Secret Journey (Part 3/3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=341x84-uvh4

Last edited:
I watched that episode awhile back when it originally aired...it's stuck with me ever since. I keep hoping for good news but I don't see this ending well.

Sex Offender Eyed in Cold Case of Brittanee

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/1...in-cold-case-disappearances-brittanee-drexel/

A convicted child rapist is being eyed by South Carolina cops in the disappearances of two young women, including a New York teenager who disappeared while on spring break in Myrtle Beach almost three years ago, FoxNews.com has learned.
Detectives say Raymond Moody is the primary “person of interestâ€￾ in the 2009 disappearance of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel, who was last seen on surveillance video leaving a popular Myrtle Beach hotel along Ocean Boulevard in a case that sparked widespread media coverage. Moody, who served 21 years in prison for abducting and raping a California girl in 1983, is also being looked at in connection with another missing woman, 28-year-old Crystal Soles, law enforcement sources told FoxNews.com.
They also said Drexel was likely alive and with her phone when it gave off its last signal in Georgetown County. No activity was detected on her bank account since her disappearance and Vella said, “We don’t think it was a robbery.â€￾
Moody served 21 years of a 40-year prison sentence after he abducted a girl from a California playground and sexually assaulted her in 1983. His convictions include three counts of rape with force and violence; two counts of lewd behavior on a child under the age of 14; and one count of assault with intent to commit mayhem, according to a state sex offender database on the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division's website.
Moody relocated to Georgetown, S.C., where his parents live following his release from the California State Prison in Solano in 2004. Moody, who police say works as a cabinet maker, could not be reached for comment.
Detectives with the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office and the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division said they are also investigating a possible connection between Drexel’s case and the 2005 disappearance of Crystal Soles. Soles, 28, was last seen Jan. 24, 2005, in Andrews, S.C., and is believed to have been abducted as she walked home in the dark.

After all this time, I don't think there's much chance of Brittanee Drexel coming home safe and sound, but not knowing what happened to her has to be killing her mother every single day that goes by. I just wish they could find out something that would give her and the family some sense of closure and a measure of peace, however small it might be.

Friends, family hold vigil on Brittannee Drexel's 21st birthday

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – Family and friends gathered Sunday evening to hold a candlelight vigil in honor of Brittanee Drexel

October 7th, 2012 is Brittanee's 21st birthday, but the New Yorker went missing three years ago here in the Grand Strand.

"I always just feel like I need to be here…just in case," says Dawn Drexel, Brittanee's mom.

The vigil for her daughter began at dusk, with the crowd singing Happy Birthday to Brittanee. [....]
It was a bittersweet day for her mother. She was very thankful for everyone gathering to celebrate her daughter, but couldn't help but to imagine how different today should have been for the family.

"It's hard. I remember when she was a baby, she wanted to do a lot of things on her birthday…and somebody took that away from us," says Dawn Drexel.

Dawn hopes that days like today will put Brittanee back on everyone's mind.

"Every time we put her face out there, we get tips and leads in her case," she says.

She says new searches are being planned for her daughter, but is not sure when they will take place.
http://www.live5news.com/story/19762631/celebrating-brittanee-drexels-birthday

Myrtle Beach can be a very dangerous place. Esp when it's senior week, spring break & bike week... actually all Summer long they are slammed.. I myself have been down there on many occasions and I had found myself in a very scary situation..

I had walked to the store alone for meds (my boyfriend was at the hotel & was really sick) I walked along the sidewalk... got to the store, got meds.. and without thinking ANYthing bad could possibly happen I decided to walk back to the hotel along the beach, I thought it would be peaceful and would give me just a little breather from all the partying & crazyness that was happening along the 'strip'/sidewalk. As I was walking down the beach the light from a laser came out of NOwhere & was in front of me on the sand... I just stopped & turned around to see if someone was behind me because as far as I could see there was no one in front of me... I couldn't see anyone behind me.... so I kept walking, I thought I heard someone behind me so i snapped around and thought I seen someone in the distance then the laser light shot onto me and all over the sand again so I literally took OFF running, luckily I was like 500 ft away from my hotel.. by the time I ran up to my room I was panicing & completely out of breath, my boyfriend was like "omg, whats wrong, what happened??" before I could even tell him.. the laser light was beeming through my hotel room window, I didn't see it until my boyfriend was like "what the hell, GET DOWN there's a red light shining on you!" I completely freaked & wouldn't even walk out of our hotel room to go to the drink machine alone after that.

Omg, and I just realized this is the case that happened in 2009... the same year that happened to me!!! That is so crazy! Prayers for this beautiful girl.

Nancy Grace
January, 2014

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A team of investigators has been working on this case. Some of them even wear "Help find Brittanee " bracelets. They say they have to be tight-lipped about it all because it is an active investigation. But they say they are just one good lead away from making an arrest.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Do you think, in the end, one arrest will be made or several? Do you think it was a group?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I think, in the end, there will be several arrests, but it`s going to start with one, and then the domino effect will occur. And one right after another, people will start talking.

GRACE: This is what else we`ve learned about Brittanee Drexel`s whereabouts. At 8:15 PM, she`s captured on camera at a traffic light. She`s walking along, texting. One of the girls she`s staying with back at their hotel is texting her, angry about a pair of shorts. So she wants her shorts back. I guess Brittanee had borrowed some of this friend`s shorts - - this friend`s shorts.

About that time that she`s caught on traffic camera texting, she texts her boyfriend saying, I can`t stand these girls I`ve come down here with. I can`t wait to get home. That`s at 8:15 PM.

GRACE: In cases like this, the best way to attack it, to decode it, is to look at the timeline. It narrows the window considerably as to who the suspects may be because if you`ve got a 10-hour window, you know, she could have come in contact with 50, 100 people. But if you narrow the window down, the last time you saw her, the time you know she was missing, you`ve got a lot better chance at identifying a suspect.

You know, there`s an interesting side note here. Remember that traffic camera that caught her texting and walking at 8:15 PM on her way to visit the friend at the other hotel? It never saw her coming back.

GRACE: Now, let`s examine what else we can learn from technology. Her cell phone could be tracked. So we go from that 9:15 series, that flurry of texts and phone calls to which she did not respond. Fast forward to midnight. At midnight, police have been able to track her cell phone going south on a state route. They see that she`s headed toward the Georgetown, Charleston County line. They can tell by the speed or the distance the phone travels quickly that she`s in a car. So she`s no longer on foot, walking from one hotel to the next.

Then the phone -- the cell phone trail goes dead about 50 miles south. It`s a very rugged-terrained area. There are alligators. There are wild hogs. There are snakes. It`s heavily watered in that area where her cell phone actually goes dead.

Now, how does this help us? Looking at it, practically speaking, pick it up from the time that she visits her friends there at the Blue Water Resort Hotel, that we see her leaving there around 8:48 PM, OK? We know she doesn`t go back through that same stoplight videocam. It`s human nature to return the same way you came. Even if she didn`t go back the same way, we still have the same timeline. Between 8:48 and midnight -- between 9:00 o`clock and midnight -- that`s when she goes missing.

Since she did not travel back through that same stoplight, stoplight traffic cam, a wise guess would be that she was snatched between the Blue Water Resort and that traffic cam.

Now, there is a chance she went back to her hotel a different way, that she made it. 8:48, she`s caught on camera leaving the friend`s hotel, back to her hotel. What happened between then and midnight? Did something happen in her own motel room?

But it`s within those hours, just a few hours, that she goes missing.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They did a massive ground search. They were running their ATVs through there every 20 minutes to get the alligators to back off so the dogs could come through. They had six-shooters with their dogs because of the boar. I mean, it was just very dangerous.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: When they had been doing the search, they had told me, they said, If she`s in this area, she would have been ate within six hours.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/10/ng.01.html

Sounds to me like the investigation has an idea of what happened to her, & it likely involved the older girls she went to spring break with. Now they're just waiting for one of them to slip up...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/2...-raped-shot-eaten-by-alligators-fbi-says.html

A teenager who vanished from Myrtle Beach, S.C., in 2009 was repeatedly raped in a gang “stash house” for several days – then she was shot dead and fed to alligators when her disappearance generated too much media attention, the FBI said last week.

The shocking new details about the mysterious disappearance of 17-year-old Rochester, N.Y., native Brittanee Drexel came largely from a “jailhouse confession” that was subsequently substantiated by others with “tidbits” and “secondhand information,” FBI Agent Gerrick Munoz testified in a federal court transcript obtained by The Post and Courier.

The inmate who gave the alleged bombshell confession, Taquan Brown, is serving a 25-year sentence for voluntary manslaughter in a different case. Brown told authorities he was present during the final agonizing moments of Drexel’s life, Munoz said.

Brown claimed to have seen Drexel when he visited a “stash house” – typically a place used to keep guns, drugs or money – in the McClellanville area, the general location where Drexel’s cellphone last pinged.

Munoz said Brown told officials he saw Da’Shaun Taylor, then 16 years old, and several other men “sexually abusing Brittanee Drexel.” Brown then said he walked to the backyard of the house to give money to Taylor’s father, Shaun Taylor. But as Brown and Shaun Taylor talked, Drexel tried to make a break for it. Her escape attempt was in vain, however, and one of the captors “pistol-whipped” Drexel and carried her back inside the house. Brown said he then heard two gunshots. The next time Brown said he saw Drexel, her body was being wrapped up and removed from the house.

Drexel’s body has never been found, but Munoz said “several witnesses” have told investigators she was dumped in an unspecified McClellanville pond teeming with alligators.

Drexel was last captured on video on April 25, 2009, leaving the Blue Water Hotel in Myrtle Beach, where she was staying against her parents' permission. A different inmate serving time at Georgetown County Jail told officials he was informed Da’Shaun Taylor picked Drexel up in Myrtle Beach and transported her to McClellanville.

Munoz said the FBI believes Taylor “showed her off, introduced her to some other friend that were there…they ended up tricking her out with some of their friends, offering her to them and getting a human trafficking situation.”

As the media spotlight grew ever brighter on the desperate efforts to find Drexel, the girl was “murdered and disposed of,” Munoz said.

Munoz’s testimony was part of a bond hearing for a federal charge against Da’Shaun Taylor, now 25, stemming from a 2011 robbery of a McDonald’s. Taylor had previously confessed to being the getaway driver for the holdup, cooperated with South Carolina authorities and completed probation. But prosecutors are now trying to bring federal charges and, if convicted of the new charges, Taylor could face a life sentence.

Taylor’s attorney contended the federal charges are a naked attempt to “squeeze” Taylor for information on the Drexel case. Asked by Magistrate Judge Mary Gordon Baker about “the real reason” for the charges and if they had to do with Drexel’s disappearance, Assistant U.S. Attorney Winston Holliday said “that would be one” reason.

Taylor was released after posting $10,000 bail.

The FBI declined to discuss Munoz’s testimony or any aspect of the Drexel case with The Post and Courier.

Well, fuck me.

They've had their eyes on this group since the get-go. Went googling for that video of Brittanee taken as she walked along the day she vanished and came upon this video of the arrest of a man for an attempted abduction shortly after hers and near the same spot she disappeared from.

Dude's fucking name is Shaun Taylor. And the girl he tried to snag said he was "one of three men" who tried to grab her.

That factoid made me go back to the beginning of this thread and there are posts where the cops said very early on that they believed Brittanee was dead and that they believed they were looking for "three or more men" in her disappearance and that she was dumped with the gators near McClellanville. Someone posted a bit about how did they know what happened to her when they had no suspects.

I want to see the sketches of the 2 others from that attempted abduction because my spidey sense tells me that one will look a lot like the26 year old they have now named as the suspect behind Brittanee's abduction --- one "Timothy Da'Shaun Taylor". Father and son for fuck's sakes.

Oh ... and brother of dad Shaun (uncle of Da'Shaun)was himself once arrested, charged, then let go due to lack of evidence of the rape, shooting and dumping of a female victim in 1998 according to this story that accompanied footage of Shaun (Dad) appearing in court for the attempted abduction.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/latest-news/article16605335.html

Taylor is the brother of a McClellanville man who had been charged with the 1998 abduction and murder of 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey, authorities said. McConaughey's body was found in northern Charleston County, the same general area where investigators last pinpointed Drexel's cell phone signal.
McConaughey, of St. Stephen, was last seen Jan. 29, 1998, leaving the Cracker Barrel restaurant in North Charleston after eating with friends in her Amway sales group. Her car was found abandoned and burned two weeks later in woods near McClellanville. Her body was found March 6 of that year.
Sheriff's deputies charged Randall Keith Taylor, now 42, and four other men in connection with her killing in February 2001. One co-defendant told investigators Randall Taylor raped and shot McConaughey. But prosecutors dismissed the charges against all five suspects later that year, citing insufficient evidence.
Knipes said Myrtle Beach police have not identified any connections between their two cases or Charleston County's unsolved case.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/latest-news/article16605335.html#storylink=cpy

Interesting last line of the above quote. No connections my ass. What a fucked up family!! And, keeping it all in the family too!!

Well, fuck me.

They've had their eyes on this group since the get-go. Went googling for that video of Brittanee taken as she walked along the day she vanished and came upon this video of the arrest of a man for an attempted abduction shortly after hers and near the same spot she disappeared from.

Dude's fucking name is Shaun Taylor. And the girl he tried to snag said he was "one of three men" who tried to grab her.

That factoid made me go back to the beginning of this thread and there are posts where the cops said very early on that they believed Brittanee was dead and that they believed they were looking for "three or more men" in her disappearance and that she was dumped with the gators near McClellanville. Someone posted a bit about how did they know what happened to her when they had no suspects.

I want to see the sketches of the 2 others from that attempted abduction because my spidey sense tells me that one will look a lot like the26 year old they have now named as the suspect behind Brittanee's abduction --- one "Timothy Da'Shaun Taylor". Father and son for fuck's sakes.

Oh ... and brother of dad Shaun (uncle of Da'Shaun)was himself once arrested, charged, then let go due to lack of evidence of the rape, shooting and dumping of a female victim in 1998 according to this story that accompanied footage of Shaun (Dad) appearing in court for the attempted abduction.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/latest-news/article16605335.html

Interesting last line of the above quote. No connections my ass. What a fucked up family!! And, keeping it all in the family too!!

I just can't get my head around that there are people like this walking around! No matter how many times I see something, no matter how many times I read about a particularly heinous murder or crime, I still can't imagine these monsters are around us. Logically I get it, but my heart still can't understand when I really sit and think about it. After watching that video it really drove home the fact, once again, that these people are walking next to us, pumping gas with us, sitting across from us in restaurants, passing us in stores... Triging to kidnap children and adults every damn day. Looking for a victim. Just fucked up.

Last edited:
Wow. This is one that I never thought we would have the answers for. Glad her mom finally knows what happened, though I suspect she has known for a while her daughter was dead, the police seem to have known.
She probably did not need to know the agonizing details though. I think as humans we are curious but some things are just better left unknown.

Seems that dad handed the perps a missing person flier shortly after Brittanee disappeared. He reported their reactions to this to his PI, who was able to identify who it was. They laughed at him, crumpled up the flier and tossed it out the window of the car. Wouldn't surprise me if we find out during trial that this reaction is what caused LEO to start looking in these guys' direction all those years ago ...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/father-teen-gang-raped-shot-9004852

Brittanee's father, Chad Drexel, told Dr. Phil he went to McClellanville to dish out fliers about the disappearance.

While he was there, he handed one to Timothy Da'Shaun Taylor, who is said to be the prime suspect in the case, but has never been charged.

Mr Drexel explained how he was standing in the middle of the road when a car drove by, which stopped.

He said: "I handed the flyer to the driver and the two people in the back were whispering.

"I stick my head in and say do you know anything about this girl, I’m her dad? They laugh and I just give the flyer to the driver and he crumples it up and tosses it out the window and drives off as they are all laughing."

He later visited the office of a private investigator he had hired to help find his daughter, who told him the man in the car was Mr Taylor, Mr Drexel added.

Dr. Phil also interviewed Mr Taylor, and asked him to respond to the claims he had picked Brittanee up from Myrtle Beach and back down to McLellanVille.

He replied: "My reaction to it was like, you know, it’s not true. I never saw her, I’d never seen her besides the TV and the internet. Through a computer screen. So when they read it out it was unbelievable."

Last edited:
The attorney for Dawn Drexel said his client was notified by the FBI that a search was taking place in Georgetown County Friday for the remains of Brittanee Drexel, according to WHEC in Rochester, N.Y.

Last summer, the FBI announced that it is believed Drexel was killed after traveling to the McClellanville area from Myrtle Beach in April 2009.

An FBI agent’s court testimony alleges that Drexel was abducted, gang-raped at a “stash house” in the McClellanville area, shot after trying to escape, and her body fed to alligators.

Don Woods, spokesperson for the Columbia FBI office, said the FBI are involved in "investigative activity" with their law enforcement partners in Georgetown County.

Woods added those law enforcement partners include the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office. The search headed up by the FBI began Friday morning. The investigative activity took place on Foxfire Court, off Highway 521 just outside Georgetown city limits. Investigators left the scene at about 6:40 p.m. Friday, but would not comment on the investigation.

Myrtle Beach Police Lt. Joey Crosby also confirmed they had officers involved in the search as well.

Attorney Brad Conway told WHEC that Dawn Drexel was contacted by law enforcement and advised they had investigative warrants that would be served on Friday.

"Other than that, we’ve been given no other information and we’re on standby, as is everybody else right now, to find out what, if anything, they found that would be of value to Brittanee Drexel’s murder case," Conway said.

When asked by the WHEC reporter about the family’s mindset, Conway said Brittanee Drexel’s mother is on “pins and needles.”

“Of course we have every confidence in the FBI and the law enforcement working this case, but without knowing more information, Dawn Drexel is on pins and needles, waiting to find out what they found, if anything, and how this will affect hopefully the eventual prosecution of the people responsible for what was done to her daughter,” Conway said.

The attorney said law enforcement gave no indication as to who this information came from, or how long investigators will be on the scene in Georgetown County.

"Hopefully I’ll get an update at the end of the day, but I’m not going to count on that or hold them to that,” Conway told WHEC. “They’ve got a lot of work to do, so I always rely on them to brief me at their convenience. So I expect that to be sometime within the next few days, hopefully today, but I await their phone call.

WHEC confirmed through Conway that the FBI had contacted Drexel's mother and told her that they were searching for Brittanee Drexel's remains in the Georgetown County area.
http://www.wyff4.com/article/search...-was-alleged-killed-fed-to-alligators/9179929
Last summer Taquan Brown, who is serving 25 years for an unrelated manslaughter case, testified that Drexel was abducted, gang-raped and then shot dead when she tried to escape in 2009.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-searches-teen-feared-abducted-151812823.html
014261a7a58ce3addd31bcd6749b7f64_zpsoqoagool.jpg

The body of a 17-year-old girl from New York who disappeared while visiting South Carolina's Myrtle Beach on spring break 13 years ago has been found and a sex offender has been charged with murder, kidnapping and rape, authorities said Monday.

Brittanee Drexel was last seen April 2009 when she was walking between hotels in Myrtle Beach. Her boyfriend, who stayed home in Rochester, New York, became concerned when she stopped answering texts.
Drexel was kidnapped that night by Raymond Douglas Moody, who raped and killed her before burying her body the next day in the woods, Georgetown County Sheriff Carter Weaver said Monday at a news conference.
Drexel's body was found last Wednesday in Georgetown County, about 35 miles down the coast from where she disappeared. The discovery came after a flurry of tips and investigation that included Moody's arrest May 4 on an obstruction of justice charge.

Investigators remained silent about the break in the case until Monday, when Moody, 62, was charged.
1652737129931.png

Sheriff Weaver said Moody has an "extensive sex offender history" but did not provide details. Moody is on South Carolina's sex offender registry for 1983 convictions in California for sodomy by force of someone under 14 and kidnapping, according to State Law Enforcement Division Records.

The sheriff, the Myrtle Beach police chief, the FBI agent in charge of South Carolina and solicitor all said little Monday about what helped them crack the case after 13 years of wild rumors that included stash houses for sexual abuse victims' bodies to be fed to alligators and rumored links to other missing women.

Arrest warrants said Drexel was strangled the night she disappeared.

Police said dental records backed up by DNA testing confirmed Drexel's remains had been found last week.

"It's a good day to soberly be reminded of Brittanee and all that she and her family have had to go through," Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said.
1652737065619.png

The body of a 17-year-old girl from New York who disappeared while visiting South Carolina's Myrtle Beach on spring break 13 years ago has been found and a sex offender has been charged with murder, kidnapping and rape, authorities said Monday.

Brittanee Drexel was last seen April 2009 when she was walking between hotels in Myrtle Beach. Her boyfriend, who stayed home in Rochester, New York, became concerned when she stopped answering texts.

Drexel was kidnapped that night by Raymond Douglas Moody, who raped and killed her before burying her body the next day in the woods, Georgetown County Sheriff Carter Weaver said Monday at a news conference.

Drexel's body was found last Wednesday in Georgetown County, about 35 miles down the coast from where she disappeared. The discovery came after a flurry of tips and investigation that included Moody's arrest May 4 on an obstruction of justice charge.

Investigators remained silent about the break in the case until Monday, when Moody, 62, was charged. Jail records did not indicate if he had a lawyer.

Sheriff Weaver said Moody has an "extensive sex offender history" but did not provide details. Moody is on South Carolina's sex offender registry for 1983 convictions in California for sodomy by force of someone under 14 and kidnapping, according to State Law Enforcement Division Records.

The sheriff, the Myrtle Beach police chief, the FBI agent in charge of South Carolina and solicitor all said little Monday about what helped them crack the case after 13 years of wild rumors that included stash houses for sexual abuse victims' bodies to be fed to alligators and rumored links to other missing women.

Arrest warrants said Drexel was strangled the night she disappeared.
Police said dental records backed up by DNA testing confirmed Drexel's remains had been found last week.

"It's a good day to soberly be reminded of Brittanee and all that she and her family have had to go through," Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said.

Drexel's parents made another trip to the Myrtle Beach area this week, but this one was different than the other visits that involved candlelight vigils, media interviews and updates from investigators without answers.

"Today marks the beginning of a new chapter. The search for Brittanee is now a pursuit of Brittanee's justice," said Drexel's mother Dawn.

She thanked all the investigators who worked to find her daughter.

"This is truly a mother's worst nightmare. I am mourning my beautiful daughter Brittanee as I have for the past 13 years," she said.

Myrtle Beach Police Chief Amy Prock was working for the department when Drexel disappeared and said she never forgot the case as she rose through the ranks.

"It's not the final chapter we had been hoping for," Prock said Monday. "Every police officer has that one case that frequents their every waking thought."

She wanted to go on vacation with her friends, her mom said no, so she pitched a fit and snuck out and went anyway. less than a week later she disappeared and her mother didn't even really know where she had went. It's taken 13 years to find her. This is the terrifying story that is in every parent's mind when their kids go off with friends and stay out longer than they were supposed to. And it's not a bullshit story simply to scare their childten, it's real.

Victim of serial sex offender charged in Brittanee Drexel’s death recalls 1983 horror​

One of the victims of a career sex offender who was busted in the murder of missing upstate New York teen Brittanee Drexel described how she feared her life when he abducted her in 1983.

Raymond Moody kidnapped Kerri Harding, now 48, from a playground in Vallejo, California, then assaulted and abused her over several hours inside his car, the US Sun reported.

“I for sure thought he was going to kill me,” Harding told the news outlet after Moody was charged Monday with first-degree murder in the death of Drexel, 17, of Rochester.

“I feel like had I not managed to persuade him to let me out of his car to go to the bathroom, I never would’ve made it out alive,” Harding told the US Sun in an emotional interview.

She described how the man accosted her when she was 8 years old and warned her not to walk across a parking lot at her school “because they’re working on the fence.”

She ignored him because she had been warned not to speak with strangers and continued walking — but then realized he had been telling the truth about the work.

But after she turned back, he unlocked his car door and whisked her inside.

“Everything happened in the blink of an eye. He had me in his car and had driven away within seconds,” Harding told the outlet, describing how he held her head down as he drove.

The terrified girl asked the sicko where he was taking her.

“‘You’re too little to be out here by yourself. I’m taking you to the police station,’” she said he answered, but instead drove her to a deserted site about three miles from her home.

“‘Has anyone told you, you have a beautiful body?’” she said he then asked, adding, “‘Let’s get into the back, we’re going to screw.’”

“I was 8, I didn’t even know what he meant, so at that point I didn’t realize what was going to happen until it happened — and it was horrific,” Harding told the US Sun about the horrific rape.

“Eventually he agreed to let me go to the bathroom,” she told the outlet. “And so he opened the back door and told me to squat right next to the car while he gripped onto my hair.”

“When I squatted down, a pool of blood came pouring out of me and just got bigger and bigger. When he saw it, he briefly let go of my hair and I just took off running,” Harding added.

If that 8yo's story didn't prove, at the time, that he was a menace to society and didn't ever deserve to be let loose on an unaware public, then I don't know what would have proved it. That poor baby having to go thru that and this shitstain on the world eventually got out to rape and murder another girl, only proves that our justice system is skewed more towards the perpetrators than victims, even the little victims.

Brittanee Drexel’s chilling last texts revealed before disappearing on spring break​

Slain Rochester teen Brittanee Drexel, 17, sent concerning messages to her boyfriend moments before she went missing on a spring break trip, saying that she was “so heated” but would share details later.

Drexel, whose remains were found earlier this year in Harmony Township, South Carolina, texted her boyfriend to complain less than an hour before she went missing on April 25, 2009, from Myrtle Beach.

“Ill tell you later when you call me.. Im so heated,” Drexel wrote in one message included in court documents obtained by news station WCSC.

Resort denies it allowed 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel to check in prior to kidnapping, murder​

A year after being hit with a lawsuit from Brittanee Drexel’s mother, a South Carolina resort is disputing claims that it allowed the 17-year-old New Yorker to check in before she was kidnapped and murdered on a 2009 spring break trip.

Drexel’s mother, Dawn Pleckan, filed a lawsuit on Jan. 2, 2023, that accuses Raymond Moody, the man who killed her daughter, Bar Harbor Resort Inc. and Smith Family Partners LLC of “wrongful conduct” that resulted in Drexel’s murder while the teen was visiting Myrtle Beach with her adult friends in April 2009.

So, the resort is supposed to babysit anyone that wants to stay there? Lawsuits like this don't change anything. What's the age of consent in that state? Meaning if she wanted to rent a room to have sex with someone, could this 17 year old girl consent to that?

Back