• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I think, at least part of the reason Fox holds the market share they do is that the majority of the rest of the media have ostracized the rational and open minded people.

Yeah, I'm done. When I express the fact that I'm speaking from an outside pov, and you can't help but mount your giant steed and condes end some more.

I think, at least part of the reason Fox holds the market share they do is that the majority of the rest of the media have ostracized the rational and open minded people.

No, Fox's lead has everything to do with its demographics. More than half of their viewers are older than 68, and Fox is losing young people faster than any other network. Fox is maintaining its lead because young people tend to get their news from the internet rather than cable news networks. And that's all fine and good until the Boomers die off, and Fox will have to completely reinvent itself to stay in the game.

Yeah, I'm done. When I express the fact that I'm speaking from an outside pov, and you can't help but mount your giant steed and condesend some more.

My response to you was quite serious in tone, but you were glib at times, and I didn't realize I was required to show you more respect than you were showing me. Mah bad.

No, Fox's lead has everything to do with its demographics. More than half of their viewers are older than 68, and Fox is losing young people faster than any other network. Fox is maintaining its lead because young people tend to get their news from the internet rather than cable news networks. And that's all fine and good until the Boomers die off, and Fox will have to completely reinvent itself to stay in the game.

I'm confused. When you say "media", do you mean 'television news'? I feel like the goalposts are moving. I don't watch tv. I do read a lot of news. On the internet. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, The Guardian, The Atlantic, The Independent, etc, etc.......

They all sell a product. It smells like shit, it looks like shit, it tastes like shit, but most people swallow it with their coffee every morning.

My response to you was quite serious in tone, but you were glib at times, and I didn't realize I was required to show you more respect than you were showing me. Mah bad.

I'm not sure which part you took as glib. I'm certainly not the wordsmith that you are, but I was making an honest attempt to draw you to explain some things in more detail.

Glib means insincere to me. Does it mean the same to you?

I just don't have the compulsion to be any more articulate on this topic. It's ideology against ideology. There are no solid "facts" in this topic. Only opinions and interpretations.

When you ask me to provide eviden e for my theory that it's easier to stick a hate crime to a white offender, I'm sure you're aware of the futility. That's kinda glib, I think. It's like asking me to prove a conspiracy theory. And yes. I'm aware that I'm leaning towards believing a conspiracy theory by supporting the argument.

IDK. I guess I'm just tired of the topic. I don't have to worry about my town being trashed by rioters on some ill concieved crusade against white people.

Or hockey riots ....... they should just give Seattle to Canada.

Last edited:
Interesting article in CNN. A solution would be to have better public transportation.
Are police ticketing practices creating a tinder box in black community?
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/19/us/ticketing-tension-african-american-communities/

*edited link. Thanks for the heads up.
The people quoted for that article need to make up their minds. Police are ticketing poor people because they want to make revenue for their cities? I'd think if it's all about revenue they'd be going after the people they know can pay o_O

Police have ticket quotas they need to meet each month. If they've been lax and giving warnings they will crack down towards the end of the month and start grabbing people for everything. Easy solution is to obey traffic laws. They can stop you, but they can't ticket you if you aren't doing anything.

Nowhere did they state the police are giving tickets under false pretenses, they are just pissy that black people got more tickets for things they legitimately did. They also leave out that you don't get a warrant for not paying...the warrant is because you didn't go to court and dispute the ticket or try and work out a payment plan. They ignored the ticket and hoped it would go away. Resulting in an arrest warrant.

Also when you live in a smaller city and do something wrong, you can expect most police officers to know and for them to be watching you, including pulling you over for nothing sometimes.

The son of a family friend was busted with just over the limit of whats considered personal use for marijuana. He got a lawyer who's known for playing dirty and getting people that have been caught with drugs off. In the end the charges were dropped but that didn't stop the police. They pulled him over every single time they saw him. Every time. Just waiting for him to fuck up. He'd whine and complain how the cops were harassing him, yet he'd still drive around with bags of weed hidden in his truck. He eventually got caught again and they took his truck and he lost his license for 1.5 years, which when you are a trucker is a bad thing. You'd think he'd be happy he escaped a prison sentence but he wasn't. It was all about the conspiracy that was out to get him.

Everyone's... The way we interpret events, data, and everything, what we call reality, is embodied on our past experiences and education. I won't go as far to say that "reality" is a social construction (nature and physical reality don't care about our opinions) but our judgements do. That's why I value everyone's opinion. You and I can read the same news sources but we'll probably end up having different opinions. I think that "truth" (or the best solution to a problem) is somewhere in the middle...

Everyone's... The way we interpret events, data, and everything, what we call reality, is embodied on our past experiences and education. I won't go as far to say that "reality" is a social construction (nature and physical reality don't care about our opinions) but our judgements do. That's why I value everyone's opinion. You and I can read the same news sources but we'll probably end up having different opinions. I think that "truth" (or the best solution to a problem) is somewhere in the middle...

That's what I meant when I asked. I agree.

I'll often change my perception after reading/hearing someone else's. The more opinions we consider, the closer we come to reality, I think?

Unless it's opinions on the looks and motives of a half black, cherokee, Italian, Irish........ (man, some people showed their true colours in that one)

Interesting how these journalists describe it as "racial tension" rather than "racism". Howmuch of a bleeding heart do you have to be to witness people deliberately targeting members of another race with physical violence so often and in such great numbers that you fear for your own life, and you still don't define that as outright racism. There's merely some tension.

I don't think at any other time in history has racism against white people been more intense.

maybe just maybe they'll be a little more appreciative when they get back

Ha...you're fucked. The blacks don't want to go to Korea. Like what would that solve Megan?

When they came back it would just mean more of the same...they made us be slaves in

Korea.
[doublepost=1472507194,1472507080][/doublepost]
demographics

The demographics are consistent....black people make Ghettos anywhere and everyplace they

are because that's what they are lot's of times...GHETTO.
[doublepost=1472507269][/doublepost]
I don't think at any other time in history has racism against white people been more intense.

You're fucking brilliant sometimes....like right now!

No i said forcibly send north korea let them live in a dictaorship....let them experience true oppression.

North Korea doesn't want to come here...? Seriously. You think they want to come here?

North Korea is kind of cool with the three generation prison sentences because who made who.

[....]
The judge in that 2017 case recently rejected the city's claim that the former officer, Dominique Heaggan-Brow , was protected by qualified immunity and the suit should be thrown out. The city has now appealed that ruling, a move that will likely delay any trial for months.

U.S. District Judge Lynn Adelman agreed with the plaintiffs that there are too many disputed facts to throw out the case, like whether the officers, in fact, called out warnings, and may have been looking to provoke a confrontation.

Adelman said at this stage in the case, viewing the facts in a light most favorable to the Smiths, a jury could find that Heaggan-Brown violated Smith's clearly established constitutional rights when he chose to use deadly force against the 23-year-old.

Adelman said that the totality of the circumstances suggests an unreasonable use of force, in part because the officers did not originally engage Smith in response to a report of a serious crime

"Indeed, under plaintiff’s version of events, there was no illegal conduct on Smith’s part that would have warranted any police scrutiny, much less a crime involving the infliction (or threatened infliction) of serious physical harm necessary to justify deadly force."

The judge also noted police radio discussions among the officers about trying "to see if we can get another foot chase," suggesting they were trying to provoke an altercation, which would bar them from the benefit of qualified immunity.

"Perhaps the officers did not themselves create the danger they perceived, but really were simply anticipating a foot chase; however, I cannot rely on that interpretation when viewing the facts in favor of the plaintiff at summary judgment, particularly where the plaintiffs’ interpretation is the seemingly obvious one based on the actual statements caught on audio."

Even the fact Smith had a gun did not create "an irrebuttable or ironclad presumption" that he posed an imminent threat, Adelman found. He said however reasonable the officer's first shot might have been, the second, while Smith was unarmed, on his back with his hands over his head, raises questions for a jury.

The city's appeal will likely delay the case for several months.
[....]
Heaggan-Brown was tried on a charge of reckless homicide and a jury found him not guilty. His attorney argued the officer acted in self-defense.

While he was under investigation in the Smith shooting, Heaggan-Brown was charged with unrelated sex crimes and fired for those offenses. He was convicted and sentenced in 2018 to three years in prison.

Back