• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
ZION, IL – A 46-year-old cancer patient was beaten to death in front of an Shannon Vincel after flying to Illinois from St. Louis to receive radiation treatments.

According to reports, Shannon Vincel was battling breast cancer and had already undergone a double mastectomy.

On Monday night she was waiting for a hospital shuttle bus to take her and another patient to a nearby treatment center.

That’s when a man approached Vincel and proceeded to beat her with a blunt object. Vincel sustained “severe head trauma” and was taken to a hospital, where she died the next day.

“She was just sitting there waiting for the shuttle to pick her up and take her to treatment,” Vincel’s mother said. “Why would anyone just walk up and beat a girl from behind without warning and just beat her to death? Why?”

Vincel was not robbed, according to her family, and police have not found a suspect or a motive behind the killing. The Cancer Treatment Centers of America is offering a $25,000 reward to anyone who has information about the beating.

“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the victim who, as has been publicly reported, was a patient at our hospital and involved in the tragic incident outside of Guest Quarters West, one of our hotel accommodations,” a Cancer Treatment Centers of America spokeswoman said in a statement.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

There is no description of the attacker? There are surveillance cameras. A murderer is on the loose, and these idiots cannot issue a description? This is what I find very frustrating. What was the man wearing? How tall was he? Hair colour? Skin colour? What sort of journalism is this?

Authorities have said the attacker was dressed in dark clothing and ran off.

Sounds like a description of the suspect in the William Desmond Taylor murder, and that fellow is still at large.

As someone born and raised in zion,IL until I escaped in my early 20's this story does not shock me I'm the least. I never understood why such a great hospital stuck around in such a dump of a town. I was waiting for something lile this to happen honestly. This is the same town where. About 11 years ago my mentally disabled brother was hit by a car that drove on the side walk to hit him, and never tried to stop. To many deranged people in that town.
[doublepost=1472175763,1472175634][/doublepost]But then any town founded by a man as crazy as john Alexander dowie was doomed from the start.

Her parents have been on our local news, as she's from stl and moved to Springfield to be closer to the Center while undergoing treatment.

Yep. I cried listening to what the police told them. Fighting cancer and sitting on a bench waiting for transport.

No apparent motive. Nothing was taken.

Too much wtf. I can only guess mental illness is the culprit here?

Her mom hung up the phone with her moments before, and the last words from her were them expressing their love for each other.

:grumpy:
[doublepost=1472192337,1472192037][/doublepost]
As someone born and raised in zion,IL until I escaped in my early 20's this story does not shock me I'm the least. I never understood why such a great hospital stuck around in such a dump of a town. I was waiting for something lile this to happen honestly. This is the same town where. About 11 years ago my mentally disabled brother was hit by a car that drove on the side walk to hit him, and never tried to stop. To many deranged people in that town.
[doublepost=1472175763,1472175634][/doublepost]But then any town founded by a man as crazy as john Alexander dowie was doomed from the start.
May I ask?
What happened with your brother after he was hit?
Or why the person drove up on the sidewalk? Did they catch said person?

Her parents have been on our local news, as she's from stl and moved to Springfield to be closer to the Center while undergoing treatment.

Yep. I cried listening to what the police told them. Fighting cancer and sitting on a bench waiting for transport.

No apparent motive. Nothing was taken.

Too much wtf. I can only guess mental illness is the culprit here?

Her mom hung up the phone with her moments before, and the last words from her were them expressing their love for each other.

:grumpy:
[doublepost=1472192337,1472192037][/doublepost]
May I ask?
What happened with your brother after he was hit?
Or why the person drove up on the sidewalk? Did they catch said person?
His leg did a 180 from the knee down and was broken obviously. No idea why they did it, but in the weeks leading up he had been atacked by kids with bb guns and other.forms of harassment. No one in a busy residential community saw any thing....on a saturday, so no one was ever caught.

His leg did heal and he still walks every where in town Im told. He likes to talk out loud to him self as he walks so everyone knows hes handicaped.
[doublepost=1472270914][/doublepost]I would alao like to note the hospital is located right across the street from what used to be a very safe park and a wonderful and large duck pond that many hospital patents would sit at. But these days people are attacked there often now. A park that I used to play at and a pond i used to catch catfish at. Just feet from that place is now a place where an innocent women was murdered for nothing.

His leg did a 180 from the knee down and was broken obviously. No idea why they did it, but in the weeks leading up he had been atacked by kids with bb guns and other.forms of harassment. No one in a busy residential community saw any thing....on a saturday, so no one was ever caught.

His leg did heal and he still walks every where in town Im told. He likes to talk out loud to him self as he walks so everyone knows hes handicaped.
[doublepost=1472270914][/doublepost]I would alao like to note the hospital is located right across the street from what used to be a very safe park and a wonderful and large duck pond that many hospital patents would sit at. But these days people are attacked there often now. A park that I used to play at and a pond i used to catch catfish at. Just feet from that place is now a place where an innocent women was murdered for nothing.
Damn, roasted. I'm really sorry to hear about your brother and what happened to him.
I'm also sorry that he never got justice for what happened.

I'm sort of speechless. :grumpy:

Hopefully he has a good support system now?

People are awful. And those that target the weak are disgusting.

Damn, roasted. I'm really sorry to hear about your brother and what happened to him.
I'm also sorry that he never got justice for what happened.

I'm sort of speechless. :grumpy:

Hopefully he has a good support system now?

People are awful. And those that target the weak are disgusting.
Hes a tough kid, you would never know it happened to him these days.
I guess my main point in bringing it up though is how the vulnerable are taken advantage of in that town, so a woman that was fighting cancer is not shocking to me. Its a bit normal for some people in zion.

Back