• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

araisner

m2acFMW.jpg

He looks rather remorseful, doesn't he?

http://www.inquisitr.com/3422804/police-newborn-baby-violently-abused-by-dad/

An 8-week-old newborn has been hospitalized after what authorities say was a violent case of child abuse. CBS News Baltimore reports that 23-year-old Nicholas James Hammersla has been arrested in association with the allegations, and he even offered a smile for his mugshot.

Police say the Washington County man is accused of abusing his 8-week-old son, who has reportedly suffered from numerous injuries. The 23-year-old man was arrested on Saturday night after the newborn was admitted in an area hospital with his injuries.

The mother of 8-week-old Rowan Hammersla left him alone with his young father when she left for work on Friday. Almost immediately after leaving the home, she received a call from the child’s paternal grandmother, who claimed that “something was wrong” with the infant. Something was indeed wrong, which was why the child was rushed to the hospital with numerous injuries.

Herald Mail Media reports that the 8-week-old infant suffered from a brain hemorrhage among other bruises and injuries. He is also suffering from multiple rib fractures and damage to his liver, which was evident by “elevated liver enzymes.” In other words, this child was allegedly assaulted in a violent event that left him absolutely lucky to be alive.

According to police, the newborn’s father told them that he had accidentally dropped his son, which caused him to hit his head on the floor. However, the Maryland dad later changed his story, claiming that the infant had become fussy at feeding time, which left him frustrated. He admitted to forcefully bouncing the child on his knee, which caused the baby to slip from his lap. He admitted to police that he squeezed the boy around his ribs. Police say that Hammersla told them that he was “extremely agitated and angry” at the time. The Maryland dad also allegedly demonstrated how he shook his baby by using a doll to show authorities.​

His FB. Also looks like several family members are starting their Tard Defense Party, as well.

S4lAMW2.png

PaO3NSz.png

But not everyone is buying it, at least.

urO1Jt0.png

JFC and he is out on bond.

Officials say the infant suffered severe injuries including hemorrhaging of the brain, rib fractures, bruising of the leg and other internal trauma while in the care of Hammersla.

The baby remains hospitalized at the Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.

Hammersla was was charged with two-counts of child abuse and was released on a $50,000 bond.
http://www.fox5dc.com/news/191374588-story

Omg. Baby Rowan is absolutely adorable.

(Can I post a pic from mom's facebook? She hasn't been charged, and I don't feel right posting...)

Omg. Baby Rowan is absolutely adorable.

(Can I post a pic from mom's facebook? She hasn't been charged, and I don't feel right posting...)

I was unsure myself on posting any photos as well. I usually post them when they've been published on articles, but I'm not sure if the mods frown on pulling them from FBs?

Aug 14, 2017

A Washington County man charged with first-degree child abuse after he allegedly shook his 8-week-old son last summer has been deemed incompetent to stand trial.

But another court date has been scheduled in October to determine whether 24-year-old Nicholas J. Hammersla poses a danger to the community.

Washington County Circuit Court Judge Daniel P. Dwyer made the rulings after listening to statements from the defense and prosecution on Monday afternoon.

Washington County Assistant State's Attorney Sarah Mollett-Gaumer told the court that a doctor recently examined Hammersla and determined he was incompetent to stand trial.

Mollett-Gaumer said the doctor also found that Hammersla "is not dangerous under certain conditions," but asked that he have no contact with children of any age while free.

Assistant Public Defender Robert Sheehan told the court that the alleged victim is healthy and doing well.

Sheehan also said that Hammersla has had no legal problems since the assault, which allegedly occurred Aug. 12, 2016.

Dwyer scheduled another hearing for Oct. 10 to determine whether Hammersla poses a danger to the community.

The Washington County Sheriff's Office said a detective and an investigator with Washington County Child Protective Services responded to Meritus Medical Center at 10:15 a.m. Aug. 12, 2016, for a report of an infant in the emergency room with a head injury and broken ribs.

An investigation showed that 8-week-old Rowan Hammersla's mother, Adeline Carbaugh, left the child with Nicholas Hammersla at their Bentley Court home when she went to work.

Carbaugh told authorities that she immediately returned home after she received a call from Hammersla's mother that something was wrong with the child.

Charging documents show that Carbaugh immediately took her son to Meritus, where he was examined and subsequently flown to Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.

That same night, a doctor at children's national called a sheriff's office detective to inform her that Rowan had "multiple unexplained inflicted injuries resulting in non-accidental trauma," the documents said.

The doctor's report indicated the child suffered a hemorrhage overlying the left frontal lobe of the brain and multiple acute bilateral posterior rib fractures.

Hammersla initially told detectives that Rowan fell out of his hands when he tripped over a Nerf gun.

When investigators told Hammersla that the injuries were not consistent with his story, he changed course and said Rowan was fussy after being fed 4 ounces of formula.

Hammersla claimed he picked up Rowan and began to bounce the child "on his knee with force," the documents said.

When Rowan began to slip off Hammersla's knee, he picked up the child around the ribs.

Hammersla said that he was "extremely agitated and angry" when he was holding Rowan, the documents said.

Deputies allege that Hammersla also used an anatomically correct doll to demonstrate the manner in which he shook Rowan's head with a swift back-and-forth motion.
https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/new...cle_ffdf6145-2b0b-5c43-944b-efe26240e55d.html

If he is not competent to be tried (which is REALLY incompetent), then he should not be loose in society. Institutionalize him.

Back