• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=41204888&ni...fter-rescuing-2-year-old-son-from-lake-powell
LAKE POWELL — A mother at Lake Powell died after rescuing her 2-year-old son who fell overboard into the lake on Tuesday.

The 33-year-old woman was boating near Halls Crossing when her son fell overboard and she jumped in to rescue him, according to a press release from Glen Canyon National Recreation Area officials.

The mother was able to hold her son out of the water long enough for her brother to grab the boy from her in another boat. The woman was then pulled from the water but was unresponsive, according to the release.

CPR efforts were ultimately unsuccessful. The child was flown to Flagstaff Medical Center in stable condition for a precautionary medical evaluation.

“There are no words to convey the tragedy of losing a loved one like this,” said Teri Tucker, Acting Superintendent for Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. “Our hearts are with the family and friends of the victims during this time of unexpected pain and loss."
[....]

Sad.
Life vests could have prevented this.

A tragedy that could so easily have been prevented. When we are up at the lake we almost live on the pontoon boat. Visitors aren't even allowed on board until I hand them a life vest. Beside giving me peace of mind on the water, you can get a hefty fine from Marine Patrol if vest aren't provided for everyone on board.

Sad that this mother fought with all she had to keep her child above the water until he was lifted from it exhausting her strength to save herself in doing so.

Back