• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Victoria

Intrepid Sojourner
Bold Member!
BBvYhro.img

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/5-...co-bell/ar-BBvYz17?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Several Louisville police officers didn't get the lunch break they expected. They left the Taco Bell on Preston Highway with no food at all.

Five Louisville Metro police officers were working at the state fair and during their lunch break decided to go to Taco Bell. They left hungry and frustrated.

"The young man behind the counter turned to the other employees and said, 'I'm not taking this order' and walked away from them,” FOP president Dave Mutchler said.

Mutchler said a female employee walked toward the register to take the orders, but before she could, officers overheard a conversation between two employees who were making the food.

"One of those young men told the other employee, ‘I wanna mess with them. I wanna mess with them.’ And then he followed that up by saying, ‘I'm going to mess with them,’" Mutchler said.

The officers left.

"I think their reaction was kind of like, ‘Really? This is how it's gonna be?’” Mutchler said.

Mutchler said Yum Brands and the Louisville franchise owner apologized to the officers.

I wouldn't have been able to resist tazering this individual. Not the full juice mind you, just enough so they pissed themselves from the tingle.

Last edited:
Well I'm pretty sure he lost his job. Now to read the link.
[doublepost=1472131350,1472131107][/doublepost]and the rest of the story

Mutchler said a female employee walked toward the register to take the orders, but before she could, officers overheard a conversation between two employees who were making the food.

"One of those young men told the other employee, ‘I wanna mess with them. I wanna mess with them.’ And then he followed that up by saying, ‘I'm going to mess with them,’" Mutchler said.

The officers left.

"I think their reaction was kind of like, ‘Really? This is how it's gonna be?’” Mutchler said.

Mutchler said Yum Brands and the Louisville franchise owner apologized to the officers.

Taco Bell sent WLKY a statement saying:

“Taco Bell and Bells & Birds, Inc., the franchise owner of this Louisville Taco Bell, do not tolerate discrimination in any way. Bells & Birds, Inc. deeply regrets these officers felt unwelcome in the restaurant, and has apologized directly to the officers and the Louisville Metro Police Department, who made it clear they did not want anyone to lose their job over this incident. We appreciate their ongoing support, and the franchisee is working to re-train its staff at this location."

"Obviously the members aren't very happy about what happened, but at this point, at least they're satisfied that the franchise and Yum is going to address the issue,” Mutchler said.

Mutchler said problems like this aren't something they see a lot of in Louisville.

"I definitely don't think that the majority of teens working at fast food restaurants would do something like that, but there's always a few out there somewhere,” Mutchler said.

Mutchler said a lot of times, officers make sure to eat at restaurants where they can see their food being made because they never know if someone has a problem with police.

They might not lose their jobs THIS time, but if it happens again, I'm sure they will, they still might this time. If I were the manager there they definitely would, you don't threaten people who are buying food. Food is too easy to contaminate.

The officers left.

Mutchler said a lot of times, officers make sure to eat at restaurants where they can see their food being made because they never know if someone has a problem with police.

My weapon wouldn't be the only thing I'd be packing. I'd be packing my lunch for sure!!

"The young man behind the counter turned to the other employees and said, 'I'm not taking this order' and walked away from them,” FOP president Dave Mutchler said.

One day that child is going to need the police. Let's hope they don't take his attitude that day.

One day that child is going to need the police. Let's hope they don't take his attitude that day.

Agree.

I will never understand seemingly automatic, anonymous hatred directed at an individual(s) simply on the basis of the color of their skin, the uniform they happen to wear or the religion they happen to practice.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to figure out why they left the fried, awesome goodness of typical state fair fare :) to get Taco Bell food.

Back