• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://ktla.com/2016/08/24/pair-sou...whose-mother-was-found-dead-on-road-in-lebec/

Authorities pleaded for the public's help Wednesday as they continued to search for two people wanted in connection with the kidnapping of three young children whose mother was found dead on a Gorman-area road recently.

Joshua Robertson, 27, and Brittany Humphrey, 22, were last seen fleeing California with Kimberly Harvill's three children, identified as Joslynn Watkins, 2; Brayden Watkins, 3; and Rylee Watkins, 5, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Their father is believed to be deceased.

Humphrey is Harvill's sister and an acquaintance of Robertson, Sheriff's Department Lt. Joe Mendoza said during a news conference Wednesday morning.

Investigators are still trying to determine when the pair took the kids, according to Mendoza.

“We believe that they took the children sometime, either before the murder or after the murder,” he said.

A warrant has been issued for their arrest, the release stated. The warrant is for the kidnapping, though Mendoza said the pair are also wanted for questioning in connection with the homicide.

He described them as "persons of interest."

“Due to the fact that immediately after the murder – or sometime shortly after – it is suspicious that they did not come forward to law enforcement, and instead they fled,” Mendoza said.

Harvill's body was found in a desolate area by a motorist in some brush near Gorman Post Road north of California State Route 138 on Aug. 14.

She suffered trauma to the head and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station. A handgun was used in the killing, Mendoza said.

Officials could not identify her initially, but later figured out who she was based off unique tattoos, according to the Sheriff's Department.

Robertson has a criminal history and was previously arrested for possession of a firearm, the release stated. He was on Post Release Community Supervision at the time of the kidnapping.

He and Humphrey are believed to be driving a forest green or silver-colored 1999 Ford Expedition that may have the California license plate No. 7BEK024, or paper plates.

Authorities think they are headed eastbound on Interstate 40 through Arizona toward the New Mexico area. Between the two, they have relatives in Nebraska, and ties to Kansas, Louisiana and Mississippi, according to Mendoza.

The suspects are considered "armed and dangerous," the release stated. Anyone who sees the pair should not approach them and call their local law enforcement or 911.

Those with information about the case have been asked to call the Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at 323-890-5500. Tipsters who wish to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-8477.

Wow...being on the run is hard...being on the run with three kids seems impossible,

I hope they're apprehended before anyone else dies, because from here I can see the

aunt and these three littles being next.

That's a lot of little bruises (if that's what they are) on baby boys legs & arms too!
image.jpg

And not typical 'fell down' bruises- almost like finger marks Imo!

http://ktla.com/2016/08/24/pair-sou...whose-mother-was-found-dead-on-road-in-lebec/

Children found safe, adults on the run.

"The three missing kids were found at a motel on the outskirts of outskirts of Albuquerque, the department said shortly after 3 p.m. Robertson and Humphrey left them in the care of a good Samaritan, who alerted local law enforcement. "

Daily Mail has lots of detail on the missing adults.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Harvill-s-three-children-dead-rest-stop.html

Last edited:
Dude has that psycho meth look.

I don't know if I could have gone an hour with three toddlers in the car. Shocked they're safe.

I also immediately noticed the number and pattern of bruises on the baby. I agree that is not normal for a child of that age. Yes toddlers get bruised up as they climb and toddle around and often fall...but I had three kids and babysat numerous others and this is way beyond the norm. He looks really happy though. I'm interested in what transpired and what the motive was for killing the sister. They made themselves suspects when they ran before the body was even found. I wonder how they are funding their run. Someone has to be helping them. I also wonder why they kept the other woman's child with them as they ran instead of leaving her with the good samaritan like the other kids. I hope the baby survives this ordeal. I hope they catch the sister and her husband before any other lives are lost.

The bruises could be just that. I bruise easily on my legs, always have. My youngest is the same. Few weeks ago I was tucking her into bed and noticed her legs looked just like that. We counted them all. 28 bruises between both legs along with a torn up kneecap and elbow. Raising tomboys is rough - literally.

Maybe ... just maybe :shrug:
In their minds..
They were saving the children from something awful.
Not saying it was the smartest idea ...
But who knows what was happening to them.

THEY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT

LOS ANGELES — A California couple wanted in connection with a woman’s killing and the kidnapping of her three children in the Los Angeles area were arrested Thursday in Colorado.
Joshua Aaron Robertson, 27, and Brittany Humphrey, 22, were arrested without incident in Pueblo, about 40 miles south of Colorado Springs, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
The couple was wanted in connection with the death of Humphrey’s half-sister, Kimberly Harvill, whose body was found with multiple gunshot wounds along a road in a remote area of Los Angeles County on Aug. 14.
Investigators said the couple kidnapped Harvill’s three young children, who were found safe Wednesday in a motel on the outskirts of Albuquerque.
Humphrey is Harvill’s half-sister, and therefore the children’s aunt.
Humphrey and Robertson were found after officers from the Pueblo Police Department were conducting an unrelated investigation at a local motel, the sheriff’s department said.
Humphrey and an 18-month old baby were found in the hotel, while Robertson was found about two blocks away. The baby girl, who is Robertson’s, was safe.
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/2...killing-kids-kidnapping-arrested-in-colorado/

September 20, 2017

In July, Brittany Humphrey had pleaded guilty to three counts of kidnapping in connection with incidents in August 2016.

Humphrey and her boyfriend, Joshua Robertson, 28, kidnapped the young children of Kimberly Harvill. The children, 2, 3 and 5, were eventually found abandoned in a New Mexico motel, and Humphrey and Robertson were arrested in Colorado, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Separately, Robertson and Alex Valdez, 29, were charged with killing Harvill, who was found in a remote area of Gorman. The men face a special circumstance allegation of lying in wait, and they are eligible for the death penalty, according to the DA’s office.

Robertson was also charged with one count of possession of a firearm by a felon. He is also facing arson charges in connection with an unrelated incident. He is scheduled to return to court on Sept. 25. Valdez is expected in court on Oct. 30.

http://ktla.com/2017/09/20/woman-se...en-of-slain-half-sister-found-in-gorman-area/

Back