• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
JACKSONVILLE, FL – An 83-year-old man was fatally mauled by four dogs on Friday in an attack that was so brutal that witnesses say the dogs ripped the man’s legs off.

Michael Downing was found dead in the backyard of a residence next to the apartment complex where he lived. Investigators aren’t sure how Downing got into the backyard, but think he may have been pulled under a fence.

Downing, who had recently suffered a stroke, was very frail and was unable to defend himself from the four dogs — a Rottweiler, and three mixed breeds consisting of German shepherd, Rottweiler, and Chow Chow.

One witness said the dogs treated the elderly man like a rag doll, ripping off his legs and tearing flesh from his head and arms.

“By far it’s probably the worst thing I’ve ever seen in my life,” said the witness. “There was only 30 percent left of his body probably.”

Neighbors who live in the apartment complex say the dogs bother anyone who takes their trash to the dumpsters next to the fence.

The owner of the dogs, 52-year-old Lephus Felton, was not home at the time of the attack but said residents at the apartment complex regularly agitate his trained dogs on purpose.

He hopes to get his dogs back after they are evaluated by Jacksonville Animal Care and Protective Services, but people who live at the apartment complex hope that isn’t the case.

Police are talking with the State Attorney’s Office to see if any charges will be filed against Felton.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

JFC, just recovering from a stroke and this is the victim the dog's owner says must've reached through the fence and provoked them. Yeah, I'm sure. :punch:

said residents at the apartment complex regularly agitate his trained dogs on purpose.
Trained to do what?

He hopes to get his dogs back after they are evaluated by Jacksonville Animal Care and Protective Services
I hope he goes to prison.
Either way, those dogs should be put down.
Its mind boggling that he would even want them back.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put up with that shit in my neighborhood. Those dogs would be gone one way or another. It's fucking pathetic that decent people think they have to put up with shit like that from one cunt. Something should've been done about it before they killed someone. Fuck that shit!

Please God don't ever let me die by death from dogs. What a horrible way to go. Bless his heart. So old and frail. No way to defend himself against this pack of trained monsters.

Apparently to attack elderly stroke victims & people trying to throw away their trash??

I'm sure these dogs will be destroyed. Sad considering they weren't born to kill- they were purposely & ignorantly raised to kill!
I'm so disgusted that he wants them back. He should be charged with murder.
Not all dogs that attack people are trained to do so. But if someone owns more than one aggressive breed dog that's a pack. Pack mantality is very hard to control. This fuckwit had 4
Its really to bad it wasn't him that was attacked.
I will not own a dog that shows aggressive behavior. I have owned 2 different dogs that were aggressive.
No matter what I did, they wanted to attack people. Of course neither one ever got the chance. I had each one put down. Because, its not worth it.
I know for a fact the large dog I own now would not bite anyone. I make a joke often that I need a dog to protect my dog. I know that he couldn't help if I needed it but I love him anyway.
More than once, he has ran off and hid in the woods when shit got real.
Despite that, he's a super great dog and I never have to worry about him hurting someone.
One time my very old chihuahua tried to go upstairs and got scared. He was stuck on the 3rd step crying.
My big dog was so beside himself, he brought the chihuahua all his stuffed toys and put them by him.
He probably won't save anyone's life.
But, he keeps everyone happy.

I also wonder how fed these dogs were?

Considering only an estimated 30% remained of the poor man, they didn't just kill him- they really ate him!
Idk, maybe these dogs were starving & went after easy prey?

Either way whether trained to kill or starving- their owner is to blame completely!!

residents at the apartment complex regularly agitate his trained dogs on purpose.

Reminds me of a dog attack we had this week around here. A kid was attacked by some rottweilers, he survived (so far). The entire neighbourhood was scared of those dogs, but when the media contacted the breeder's association to which the owners belonged, it said that family was very upstanding and that they were excellent breeders. Yeah, I can smell the bullshit for miles. Every moron can call themselves a trainer or a breeder, it's ridiculous.

Chows...

They are horribly aggressive. Not only are they extremely likely to have people aggression, they have territorial aggression and are one of the harder breeds to train and have them accept the training. I'd almost bet money the chow mix started it and the rest jumped in after.

The owner says they are trained to respond to commands, but I wonder what commands he taught them and if they are trained to take commands from other people. My dogs are taught commands in 3 ways and anyone can give them. They have dutch commands, english commands and hand commands. I also have them trained to respond to the phrase stop(dutch and english). I made the hand command for sit to be a palm out/fingers up defensive type hand movement. Since no one comes upon a attack and actually uses commands, they just scream stop and other things.

Chow Chows tend to display discernment of strangers and can become fiercely protective of their owners and property.

[..]

This breed of dog has many strong loyal bonds with friends and family, but the Chow Chow dog is usually overly protective of one or two main family member(s). It is in the breed’s nature to be quiet and well behaved, but it is also resistant to training. Chow Chows become very stubborn and attach to certain individuals, as they age. This is why training them when they are puppies is so crucial because they gain respect for those who care for them.

In order to avoid aggressive and over-protectiveness as an adult, continuous socialization as early as possible could allow the dog to adjust. When Chow Chows have reached adolescence they reject authority from any other owner who failed to earn its admiration. Aggression can be one distinctive behavioural characteristic in this breed, though while some are of an aggressive nature, many are known to be easy-going in nature - sometimes adopting an aloof disposition to individuals other than their owners. Aggression when it does appear is often towards other dogs of the same sex, especially Chows. Due to their strong hunting instincts, it is recommended that these dogs stay fenced, leashed, and away from cats and small dogs. This is why it is crucial that they are socialized early and consistently in order to act appropriately with strangers. At first, chow chows are very hesitant in interacting with strangers. However, this problem can be avoided if the owners train the chow chow at a young age. Owning a Chow Chow can raise the cost of homeowners insurance because some companies consider them high-risk dogs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chow_Chow

Better than withering away in a nursing home. Hell...his death made headlines! I want to go out that way. Well done, Sir! Well done!

Back