• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.wbur.org/radioboston/2016/08/23/organ-donations
An unexpected consequence of the nation's opioid epidemic is that more organs are available for transplant. The New England Organ Bank says in 2011 about eight percent of heart transplants involved donors who died of drug overdoses. So far this year, more than 30 percent the transplants involve hearts from someone who overdosed.

That has contributed to a record-breaking number of heart transplants at Tufts Medical Center. Last Friday, Tufts doctors performed the hospitals 38th heart transplant. The previous record was 37 transplants in a single year.

You can register to become a donor at donatelifenewengland.org.

That is amazing, I wonder what the statistics will be next year.

I wish countries (including my own) took the Spanish model of organ donation, everyone is presumed to be a donor and you have to opt out if that is not what you wish.

I just saw this ad the other day.

Back