• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hat-she-sold-her-twins-10-years-ago-for-2000/

At least, that’s what she told Penn Hills police when they inquired about the children’s whereabouts for the past 10 years — that she had sold the pair of fraternal twins to a woman named Barbara. But then, she said that wasn’t true.

It’s one of many statements she offered to police before almost immediately retracting them.

The end result: Two children from Penn Hills, Penn., northeast of Pittsburgh on the Allegheny River, are missing and potentially have been for a decade.

No one has any idea where they might be.

On Tuesday, police said Fowler, 47, was charged with obstruction, child endangerment, unsworn falsification to police and two counts of concealing the whereabouts of a child, TV station WTAE reported.

Court records don’t list an attorney for Fowler, and she hasn’t responded to interview requests from media outlets.

The case began June 20, when police arrived at Fowler’s house to remove the children living there from her care. They did so at the behest of the Allegheny County Office of Children, Youth and Families.

The reason for removing the children remains unclear. Penn Hills Police Chief Howard Burton told WTAE they were removed because Fowler was “in violation of what CYF had told her to do,” but he couldn’t provide more details under state law.

Police removed four children from Fowler’s care, but on July 6, they received a call from the agency.

Fowler had six children, not four.

Two were missing — fraternal twins Ivon and Inisha Fowler, who were born in 1998. They would be about 17 or 18 years old.

They couldn’t be found, but both the police and children’s agency were sure this wasn’t a clerical mix-up because the agency had removed those children from Fowler’s care years ago for a few days.

“They do exist, because at one time, when they were 3 or 4 years old I believe, CYF did take those two children from Fowler,” Burton told WTAE.

The age the children were when they were initially removed is unclear.

According to TV station WPXI, it happened after 2-year-old Ivon was burned in the bathtub in 2000. He received second- and third-degree burns on 46 percent of his body, according to police.

That is the only identifying information for the twins that exists. Police have no recent information on what the two look like, as no one has seen photographs of them for the past 10 years.

In fact, no one seems to know anything about their whereabouts for the past decade. There are no school records for either child. No one can recall seeing them.

Nothing.

Just a blank where two young lives should be.

“CYF has been unable to verify the whereabouts of the children for 10 years,” according to court records obtained byWPXI.

Police haven’t had better luck.

“No one seems to know where they are,” Burton toldthe Pittsburgh Tribune‑Review. “No one seemed to care. They just moved on.”

They questioned Fowler.

“The more we dug into it, the more confusing it became,” Burton told the newspaper.

First, she claimed the children were in the care of a Cory Brooks and Cheryl Walker in South Carolina, and she provided a phone number and address for the two. Neither was correct, police wrote in a complaint obtained by the Tribune-Review.

The children’s father, who is unnamed, said that to his knowledge, the twins were living with Fowler’s sister in South Carolina.

When police found Walker, whose last name was now Avery, she said she had never seen the children.

The Allegheny County Sheriff’s Department and the FBI became involved.

Fowler then went on to claim that the twins were with Brooks and another woman, before retracting that statement.

After that, Fowler said the twins were with a high school friend, but then she retracted that statement, as well.

Finally, she told police that the children were alive but that she didn’t have custody of them.

Instead, she had sold the children for $2,000 each to Barbara, who was the friend of a man who she had met at a bar “several years ago,” the newspaper reported. She didn’t give a last name or know how to locate this person, nor did she offer information on why she would have sold her children.

“She’s adamant that they are alive, but again, we can’t confirm that,” Detective Michael McGuire of the Penn Hills Police Department told WTAE. “That she sold them to Barbara for $2,000 each. But we can’t locate Barbara or even make any sort of determination if she even exists.”

Then police informed her of the criminal severity of selling her children, and she retracted that statement too.

“When confronted with the penalties of selling a child, she stated the children were not sold,” police wrote.

Police are baffled.

“That’s the problem with her: She’s all over the place,” chief Burton told WTAE.

Fowler’s neighbors are just as dumbfounded.

“It’s sad. I mean from what I understand, from what I’m watching, I don’t know if she actually did sell the children or, God forbid, if they’re passed away,” Fowler’s neighbor Brian James told KDKA.

“It’s terrible because you’re a mother, and as a mother your job is to protect your children,” Shayla Claytor, another neighbor, told KDKA. “To make sure they’re safe. I can’t believe it. I’m appalled.”

A preliminary hearing for Fowler is scheduled for Monday. Meanwhile, the search for the twins continues.

And if they can't prove the kids are dead, which I think they are, then she'll get away with murder.

It's so hard to believe that no one, NO ONE, wondered where her twins were, NO ONE!

If only her story is true. If someone purchased the children maybe they will cherish them. She sure didn't.
But I fear her story is a lie, and the children are dead.

Maybe she did sell them...CPS used to known as the baby snatchers, now they're the family

patchers. Maybe she figured her kids would be permanently adopted out otherwise brokered by

the apprehending agency and thought fuck you guys. I'm going to do this myself.

I can't imagine that she would know anyone who could provide a good environment

for them, but who knows maybe their alive someplace.

It's so hard to believe that no one, NO ONE, wondered where her twins were, NO ONE!

I suppose that its a good thing they are looking now.

They are going to have a lot of back tracking to do...places she lived,

all the good hiding places in those neighbourhoods would an ideal starting point.

How the fuck do 2 kids go missing for 10 fucking years??? Especially kids that the state had already taken away once. No family, no doctor, no school, no friends, not the state, not even their father gave a fuck to want to see them?? Honestly if she did sell these kids, that was probably the best decision she ever made! It's just completely inexcusable that so many people in the world and not one of em gave enough of a shit about these kids to even ask for a picture or a phone call or something!

My gut feeling is she killed them. Why didn't CPS follow up on the twins after they were returned to their mother?? It seems after the boy was significantly burned they would have. I can't believe they returned the twins to her at all.

The other 4 children must have seen or heard something in the last 10 years :shifty:

.... It seems impossible that NOONE knows anything about this.
This whole scenario is bullshit from every angle.

Now that this has been brought to peoples attention..
Everyone who knows her... or of her will be picking their brains to find something:shifty:
trying to remember anything sketchy she's said or done in the last decade.
She has probably told 100 different stories.. to 100 different people.
.... they will come back to bite her in the ass :finger:

They couldn’t be found, but both the police and children’s agency were sure this wasn’t a clerical mix-up because the agency had removed those children from Fowler’s care years ago for a few days.

She's not very smart. If she was, she would have claimed they were removed from her care by CPS and never returned.
I can just see all those supervisors, social workers and ss aids with boxes of old files spread out in the breakroom. Everyone reading and digging.

If this wasn't so sad, I would be laughing.

Although I am not surprised that this could happen, I am very saddened and a bit sickened by the fact that it did happen. My bet, the twins haven't seen the dawn break or dusk fall for a decade now and not a single person even noted their absence. An obscenity.

Please tell me I'm wrong here...
Child PROTECTIVE services removed two children out of the home 10 years ago because the 2 year old boy had 2nd AND 3rd degree burns to over 46% of his body!!:mad:. (Which is unimaginable and screams attempted murder) So they gave these poor babies back after this horrible abuse and pain that was inflicted and NO one bothered to check on these kids for 10 fucking years???!!! WTF!

I can't even contemplate the rest of the story, I'm still trying to understand this fine example of justice and processing just where our tax dollars are going.

Last edited:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/missing-pennsylvania-twins-brother-accused-lying-cops-125440050.html

The brother of Pennsylvania twins whom child welfare workers have been unable to locate for at least 10 years has been charged with lying to police by pretending to be one of them.

Datwon Fowler, 18, remained jailed Friday on accusations he sent Penn Hills police a phony Facebook message on behalf of his brother, Ivon, and then a text message on Thursday, claiming to be Ivon. The text said he and his sister were safe and sound in Atlanta.

According to a criminal complaint, Fowler told investigators he sent the message so police would stop bothering him and his mother about the twins' whereabouts.

Ivon and Inisha, believed to be about 17 now, are two of Patricia Fowler's six children. The 47-year-old Penn Hills woman was charged last week with giving police false and conflicting information about the twins and their well-being, at one time even claiming she sold them years ago for $2,000 each to a woman she barely knew. She has since recanted that story, police said.

Police Chief Howard Burton told The Associated Press on Friday that the arrest of Datwon Fowler further clouds an already confusing investigation that has police wondering whether the twins are even alive. However, the only thing Patricia and Datwon Fowler have consistently told police is that the twins are OK, Burton said.

"You know, we don't know at this point in time" if the twins are safe, Burton said. "You and I would both look at it at this time and say, 'If you know where the kids are, tell us.' But they're doing all these things to mislead us.

"It would be truthful and common sense to say, 'I don't know where they are,'" if that were really the case, Burton said.

Instead, Patricia Fowler has, at various times, told police the twins were living with friends or relatives in North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.

Police have checked with the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children and found no trace of the twins, and a search of other databases in various states produce no evidence they've even ever attended school.

Burton said one Georgia city where Patricia Fowler told police the children lived didn't even exist. And police officers in another state — Burton couldn't remember which one, there have been so many — checked out another address Fowler provided and found it was a vacant storefront.

Patricia Fowler is free on bond and faces a preliminary hearing Monday on charges of endangering the welfare of children, obstructing a child welfare investigation and concealing the whereabouts of the children. She didn't return calls earlier to her home phone, which has since been disconnected, and she doesn't have an attorney listed in court records.

Neither does Datwon Fowler, who is charged with making false reports to police, obstructing a child welfare investigation, criminal use of a cellphone and conspiracy. His preliminary hearing is Aug. 29.

Police filed the charges against Patricia Fowler because they went to her home June 20 at the request of the Allegheny County Office of Children, Youth and Families to take all her children. They removed four children only to have the agency call back July 6 and tell police there should have been six children there.

State confidentiality laws prevent the child welfare agency from commenting, but police in a criminal complaint say Children Youth and Families caseworkers have been unable to verify the location of the twins for at least 10 years.

So at the time the twins vanished Datwon was at the most 8-9 years old, so how in the hell does he know that they are safe? He's simply muddying the waters for his mother.

So the brother that faked the message and texts was a year older than the missing twins. If they would've been 17 or 18 now, then it would make sense that none of the other 4 siblings know anything about the them.

The 4 removed in July of 2016 would all have to be under the age of 18.

I can't say that the one arrested really might know either. If she killed them or sold them at age 3, he would've been 4, etc. he might believe mom's story and she asked him to make up some shit to get the cops off her ass.

She says "I sold them to give them a better life, but I kept you, and now the cops will charge me if they know".

Idk. This whole thing is discussing. And no. Even an overwhelmed mom who isn't some kind of addict m, sells twins to a first name friend of some dude you met in a bar one time.

She's gonna get away with this. As those bones decay into the soil somewhere. :(

Mom contacted a media outlet and wanted to be interviewed. In that article (written before the son was arrested) it says when interviewed by cops she gave a phone number of where her children could be contacted, or someone who knew how to get into contact with them, which we now know was the older son.

Fowler requested a sit-down interview with Pittsburgh's Action News 4 reporter Kelly Brennan to tell her side of the story.

She told Brennan she was a struggling mother when she made the decision to give up her children. Their father was in and out of jail. So she sent the kids to live with a family friend, named Sheryl Willis.

Fowler claimed Willis first had the children in North Carolina.

Brennan: "Bottom line – what is your ultimate truth about Ivon and Inisha?

Fowler: "That they’re with a family friend."

Brennan: "Where?"

Fowler: "In Georgia."

Brennan: "And they’ve been in the state of Georgia since they were how old?"

Fowler: "Since 13."

Brennan: "Were they in North Carolina before that?"

Fowler: "Yes."

Brennan: "With the same friend?"

Fowler: "Mmhmm."

Willis is a name police said they were never told during their investigation, and they're looking into Fowler's recent claim.

[..]

She said she sold the twins for $2,000 each, but retracted that claim in a police interview last month after being told that would be illegal, Penn Hills police Chief Howard Burton said.

"At the time, being that I have a learning disability, it's like a lot of questions they’re asking me and I didn’t understand," Fowler said. "It’s like three of them asking me the same question, and like interrogating me, and I feel like that was the problem when I came in. I didn’t know what to, and I knew for a fact I didn’t sell my kids and they’re not missing."

Fowler first told police the twins were being cared for by a South Carolina woman, but when police contacted that woman she told them "she never saw the missing children, doesn't know their names, and had no idea that Fowler had twin children," according to a criminal complaint.

[..]

"I had contact with them throughout the years," Fowler said. "Over the years, I’ve had contact with them but they’ve moved. It's like I don’t have no information about the move and then I give the cops the number, and it's up to them, and they gotta call and get all the information from this friend."

Fowler's 18-year-old son, Datwon, also spoke with Pittsburgh's Action News 4. He said he's been contacting Ivon on social media lately. He even said Ivon was in Pittsburgh Wednesday, but was taking a bus back to Georgia.

Brennan was given a phone number to contact Ivon, but it just goes to voicemail.

Late Wednesday night, Penn Hills police said they had brief contact with a person on that number who identified themselves as Ivon. The contact was made from the same phone number Fowler provided police in the investigation. Police have not been able to verify the identity of the person who contacted them.
http://www.wtae.com/news/penn-hills...ng-twins-tells-her-side-of-the-story/41250426

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/brother-of-long-missing-twins-accused-of-lying-to-cops/

PITTSBURGH -- The brother of Pennsylvania twins whom child welfare workers have been unable to locate for at least 10 years has been charged with lying to police by pretending to be one of them.

Datwon Fowler, 18, remained jailed Friday on accusations he sent Penn Hills police a phony Facebook message on behalf of his brother, Ivon, and then a text message on Thursday, claiming to be Ivon. The text said he and his sister were safe and sound in Atlanta.

@cubby , I saw your comment "It's so hard to believe that no one, NO ONE, wondered where her twins were, NO ONE!". This happens easily, cut ties with family and friends, and move.

"I had contact with them throughout the years," Fowler said. "Over the years, I’ve had contact with them but they’ve moved. It's like I don’t have no information about the move and then I give the cops the number, and it's up to them, and they gotta call and get all the information from this friend."

Yeah, if she had contact with them throughout the years, she should be able to produce a school picture, letter, card or any damn thing that would suggest that she had even the most minimal contact with her twins.

Hell, this bitch can't even tell the same story twice. Must be the result of life long cuntitis eating away at her brain and atrophying her black heart.

This just bothers me because they are in a grave somewhere and they were so isolated there wasn't even an outcry when they fell off the face of the earth. It's just too sad and wtf all at the same time.

“They do exist, because at one time, when they were 3 or 4 years old I believe, CYF did take those two children from Fowler,” Burton told WTAE.
The age the children were when they were initially removed is unclear.
According to TV station WPXI, it happened after 2-year-old Ivon was burned in the bathtub in 2000. He received second- and third-degree burns on 46 percent of his body, according to police
Holy shit. She burned one of her children horribly when he was only 2 yrs old and they gave the kids back to her?! Maybe the twins ( I have a spot for twins :bigtears:) wouldn't be missing today if CPS hadn't dropped the fucking ball back then.

Patricia+Fowler+Missing+Twins.jpg

A judge has ordered the mother of Pennsylvania twins whom child welfare caseworkers haven't been able to locate for more than 10 years to undergo a mental health evaluation.

A district judge postponed Monday's preliminary hearing for Patricia Fowler on charges she endangered the children and obstructed efforts to find them. The judge rescheduled the hearing for Sept. 12 and said the evaluation must be done before then.

The 47-year-old Penn Hills woman and her lawyer declined to comment.

Fowler has given various accounts of where the 17-year-old twins live, none of which have checked out, said police.

"We have no reason to believe she did harm them," Penn Hills Police Detective Leo Johe told NBC affiliate WPXI. "There's no evidence. There's no bodies. But since we don't know exactly what happened, we can't rule it out."

Family members told investigators they also don't know where the twins are.

Fowler's son, 18-year-old Datwon Fowler, is charged with pretending to be one of the twins and sending a text to police saying they're OK. He doesn't have an attorney listed in court records.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Fowler-Missing-Twins-390929441.html

So none of the various stories she told authorities as to the whereabouts of her twins checked out and family members have no idea of what became of them.

Then we have Fowlers son in a new twist texting LE claiming to be one of the twins.

I don't know where this story will lead but I don't think there will be living twins on the other end of it.

@cubby
Jan 29, 2017

Patricia Fowler, the mother of missing twins who disappeared more than a decade ago, was returned to jail Sunday after a bail hearing on theft charges related to receiving public assistance on behalf of the children for years though they were not in her custody.

Ms. Fowler, who lived her life under the radar, became a focus of police attention last summer when she was reported for missing numerous medical appointments for four of her minor children who were living with her. Two boys have autism and one of them uses a wheelchair. Two girls have serious eye conditions.

During the course of the investigation into suspected medical neglect, a Children Youth and Family caseworker asked about Ivon and Inisha. Unable to get a clear answer from Ms. Fowler, the caseworker contacted police. During interviews with authorities, she gave varying accounts, including that they were staying with relatives in a southern state and that she had sold them. Police suspect the twins are dead. A multi-agency task force is investigating.

The alleged medical neglect that sparked the investigation has ended with the two minor boys having been removed from Ms. Fowler’s custody and placed in the care of a residential facility. The two girls were put into the custody of an older adult half-sister. Datwon Lyons, who is the biological father of all the children, with the exception of Ms. Fowler’s oldest adult child, was released from state prison in the fall after serving 10 years for homicide. He has visitation rights and is trying to forge fresh relationships with the children, according to his mother, Ms. Miller.

Meanwhile, Datwon Fowler, 19, a son of Ms. Fowler and Mr. Lyons, is in the Allegheny County Jail, unable to post $500 cash bond. He was arrested in August and charged with obstruction for texting authorities, pretending to be his long-lost brother, Ivon, in an apparent attempt to clear his mother of suspicion.

The last reliable sighting of the twins was when they were preschool-aged.

Though the children haven’t been in her custody for years, Ms. Fowler was collecting public benefits on their behalf. The most recent charges against her stem from a claims investigation by a supervisor of the Pennsylvania Office of Inspector General who was looking into government benefits she had been receiving.

That investigation showed that since June 1, 2011, Ms. Fowler had continually submitted applications to the state for various benefits for herself and the twins, who were not residing in her household. The amount of the benefits totaled about $60,000.
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...-for-arraignment-hearing/stories/201701290184

Jul 18, 2017

Investigators interviewed everyone they could think of: from family members to neighbors to caseworkers.

They pulled CYF court records and school records and medical records.

But in the end, they still couldn’t find Ivon and Inesha Fowler.

And so, the mother of those twins, who would be 18 years old now, will serve probation.

Patricia Fowler, 48,mother of nine, reached an agreement with the Allegheny County District Attorney’s office: In exchange for a guilty plea to charges of endangering the welfare of a child, unsworn falsification and public assistance false statements, she would receive a term of probation.

As part of that plea, too, the DA’s office agreed that it would withdraw charges of obstruction against Fowler’s son, Datwon Fowler, 19, who pretended to be his missing brother early on in the police investigation, he said, so that detectives would leave his family alone.

Common Pleas Judge Thomas E. Flaherty ordered Patricia Fowler to serve a total of four years probation and pay nearly $57,000 in restitution for receiving public assistance for years on behalf of her two missing children, whose whereabouts have been unknown for more than 10 years.
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...von-fowler-inesha-fowler/stories/201707180041

Common Pleas Judge Thomas E. Flaherty ordered Patricia Fowler to serve a total of four years probation and pay nearly $57,000 in restitution for receiving public assistance for years on behalf of her two missing children, whose whereabouts have been unknown for more than 10 years.

I'm sure she'll pay up promptly. :penguin:

And what? Forget the twins ever existed?? Pay the money she owes?? Is that it? 2 souls are missing and still no one is fucking advocating for them. Does no one care enough about them to figure it out or force that bitch into fessing up?

This one has gripped my shit for sure

Back