• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
RabPUfB.jpg
A Dover Air Force Base airman has been charged in the 2012 death of a toddler he was caring for while the boy’s staff sergeant mother was deployed for military service, police said Wednesday.

Justin K. Corbett, 25, of the first block of Hickory Lane in Dover, was committed to the Vaughn Correctional Center on charges of murder by abuse or neglect in recklessly causing the death of a child. He’s being held in lieu of $100,000 cash bail.

The incident occurred about 3:52 a.m. on November 3, 2012 when Corbett, who was assigned to the Dover Air Force Base, called 911 from his base housing home in the 1000 block of Avocado Avenue to request emergency assistance of the 21-month-old toddler, said Sgt. Paul Shavack.

Corbett said the boy had fallen down a flight of eight carpeted stairs and was unresponsive.

The boy, named E.J., was initially rushed to Kent General Hospital where he was assessed and then transferred to Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in critical condition with head injuries and multiple bruises on his body, Shavack said.

The boy died four days later due to the injuries, which included a detached retina, excessive swelling and bleeding in his brain and numerous bruises on his head.

The boy’s mother Nicole Dudley, meanwhile, was serving a six-month deployment in the Middle East.

When Dudley was sent to Qatar in May, 2012 with the 436th Logistics Readiness Squadron, a supply unit, Corbett and his wife, Aubrey, agreed to watch Evan occasionally and let him play with their young son and daughter as part of a family-care plan approved by the Air Force, she later said. Evan’s primary caretakers, however, were another couple.

When her son was hospitalized, Dudley was rushed home to Delaware in time to lie in the hospital bed with Evan for less than two days before he was taken off life support.
[...]

Following a lengthy state police investigation, which included a review by the state Attorney General's Office, the case was sent to a child abuse expert and pediatric pathologist for review because undisclosed unique injuries were noted during the boy's autopsy.

Both experts agreed that the child was a victim of homicide, Shavack said Wednesday.
http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/...2-toddler-s-death-happened-while-mom-deployed
On her “Evan’s Heaven” Facebook page, Sgt. Dudley posted a statement early Wednesday afternoon:

“I'm relieved that an arrest has finally been made in the quest for justice for my baby, Evan Dudley. The past 15 months and 11 days have been a non-stop emotional roller coaster for me and my family.

“From the moment the doctor gave his characterization of Evan's injuries at A.I. Dupont Hospital, to receiving word of last night's arrest, I've alternated between grief, anger, depression and anxiety ... I can now add hope to the list, as the arrest gives me the feeling that resolution and justice for Evan are within reach.
“I understand that the justice system must run its course, but I'm confident that Deputy Attorney General Josette Manning and the Delaware Department of Justice will do everything in their power to ensure that justice is served, as they've done since they took over the case. They have been helpful, open and honest throughout this entire ordeal.
[...]

We are one step closer in the quest for Justice for Evan, and I'll keep fighting until justice is served.”
[...]

Though the alleged incident took place on base housing, civilian law enforcement has jurisdiction to the location’s “proprietary” status, DAFB officials said.

“Therefore, due to how the land was acquired, the State of Delaware has primary jurisdictions over offenses occurring in the base housing side of Dover AFB,” a base spokeswoman said.

“The military has jurisdiction over its members no matter where the offenses occur, but if civilian authorities are exercising their jurisdiction, then, as a matter of policy, the Air Force does not proceed on its own.

“Our investigators work cooperatively with civilian law enforcement to investigate those offenses.”
http://delaware.newszap.com/centraldelaware/129777-70/dafb-airman-charged-in-2012-death-of-child

Evan's Heaven on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InMemoryOfEvanJDudley

0uCt6zp.jpg
SBW2e5q.jpg

5hqOtHy.jpg
OOTaEeW.jpg

This is tragic. She probably wondered if she would make it home safe from her deployment, but you never think that your child is going to meet an untimely death while you're gone...the pictures break my heart. His mama clearly loved him so much.

Fat ugly bastard, he will be going to federal prison where I pray he Doesn't make it out alive.

Mom gets deployed and she has to worry about coming home alive and the ache of missing her son. This asshole SOB is with her son and he fucking kills him. I hope he gets stabbed in prison.

This fucker is free on bail.

A former Dover airman charged with beating a colleague's toddler to death claims the child was walking down steps with his son when "he heard a sound that sounded like books that had fallen to the floor'' and rushed to the bottom of the stairs to find the boy "in distress,'' his defense argued in court papers.
[..]
Though he denies killing the boy, Corbett, now 25, is undergoing counseling because he is "feeling responsible since he was entrusted with the care of the child and bears the guilt of how what might be considered neglect on his part has devastated the child's mother,'' defense attorney Joseph A. Hurley wrote.
[...]
Hurley wrote that on the day Evan suffered his fatal injuries, Corbett had walked down the stairs to the kitchen, heard the noise and found the boy, a chain of events the defense described as a 'tragic accident.''
[...]
At 4 p.m. Friday, state prison officials said Corbett had made bail and would be released soon.
[...]
Corbett will be free until trial because a Kent County Court of Common Pleas judge on Thursday granted Hurley's motion to modify the $100,000 cash bail set by a magistrate last month.
[...]
Hurley, who said Friday that his client was not a flight risk, applauded Reigle for "having the courage to do the right thing. There is still a presumption of innocence. This guy served his country has done a tour of duty in a war zone and deserves better than sitting in prison like some common criminal.''

http://www.delawareonline.com/story...ans-bail-reduced-in-baby-murder-case/6688725/

Hurley, who said Friday that his client was not a flight risk, applauded Reigle for "having the courage to do the right thing. There is still a presumption of innocence. This guy served his country has done a tour of duty in a war zone and deserves better than sitting in prison like some common criminal.''

From the article Dakota quoted:

Corbett said the boy had fallen down a flight of eight carpeted stairs and was unresponsive.

The boy, named E.J., was initially rushed to Kent General Hospital where he was assessed and then transferred to Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in critical condition with head injuries and multiple bruises on his body, Shavack said.

The boy died four days later due to the injuries, which included a detached retina, excessive swelling and bleeding in his brain and numerous bruises on his head.

The "guy"'s story is that all of that damage came from falling down a staircase with eight carpeted steps. I don't care how well he served his country or that he is pretending to feel guilty for not preventing this "tragic accident". He does *not* deserve to be out and about while the case is being prepared.

He won't be free forever. He can taste freedom for a little bit, but there is no way he will be free forever.

Twenty-eight-year-old Justin Corbett was convicted of criminally negligent homicide Thursday. The News Journal of Wilmington reports (http://delonline.us/2arF3eU) that Corbett had been charged with first-degree murder by abuse or neglect in Evan Dudley's death.

Authorities say Corbett, who was serving at Dover Air Force Base, was caring for Evan in November 2012 while the boy's mother, also a Dover airman, was deployed. Police say Corbett called 911 to report that Evan was unresponsive after falling down stairs.

The boy died at a hospital. His death was ruled a homicide by blunt force trauma.

Corbett faces up to eight years in prison at sentencing on Sept. 15

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/28/former-airman-convicted-in-toddler-death.html
[doublepost=1469784578,1469783173][/doublepost]Guilty.
He faces up to 8 years in prison.

I don't recall reading the story. This pictures made my heart just ache. I had to take a deep breath and remove myself from her shoes. My two year old is crazy and full of life...I can't even imagine.

Chinchillazilla mentioned this asshat's size. I would not be at all surprised if he was abusing steroids -- look at how wide his neck is compared to his head. And there's the overhanging browline too.

--Al

18 months probation. This baby and mother got absolutely no justice for what he did.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story...man-faces-sentencing-toddlers-death/90400506/

The mother of a 21-month-old boy who died while in the care of an airman at Dover Air Force Base can’t believe the man she thinks killed her son is now a free man.

Justin Corbett received 18 months of probation Thursday during his sentencing in Kent County Superior Court in Dover. He was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Evan Dudley, but convicted in July on the lesser charge of criminally negligent homicide.

When asked if justice was served, the toddler's mother, Nicole Dudley, said, "Absolutely not."

"You have a man who killed Evan who is walking free. The evidence speaks for itself," she said on the steps of the courthouse. "I've been in that house and have seen those stairs. It's just not possible."

Corbett, who was deployed twice to Afghanistan and has been awarded two good-conduct medals since going into active duty in April 2007, was facing up to eight years in prison when he appeared for sentencing Thursday.

Corbett addressed the court on Thursday, but immediately turned his attention to Dudley. He told her that while he was sorry for what happened, the death of her child was an accident.

"Nikki, I can't ever start to understand the pain you feel," he said. "I will bear the burden of this tragedy my whole life. I am truly aware of the pain this accident and I have caused you, and for that, I am truly sorry."

When Dudley addressed the court, she talked about the time she wouldn't get to spend with her child and would not be able to share in his experiences throughout life.

"On Jan. 25, 2011, my life changed. Finally, Evan was in my arms, and I knew the meaning of unconditional love," she said. "I received a phone call that shattered my world and that changed my life forever. I kept saying, 'Please don't let my baby die.'"

Dudley went on to say Evan's life was stolen from her and that she is now "faced with a life of nevers."

"Someone took my son Evan from me, and it was you," she said. "Today, I ask for the maximum sentence."

Prosecutors and the victim's mother had asked the judge to impose the maximum sentence.

Defense attorney William Deely said Thursday that when the judge read the sentence, his client simply said, “thank God.”

After the proceedings, Deely said that even though Corbett received probation and no jail time, “he is not free.”

Judge Anne Hartnett Reigle changed the terms to $100,000 secured bond, a significant alteration that meant Corbett could gain his freedom for as little as a $3,000 down payment to a bail bondsman who would post the secured bond. Corbett had been held in lieu of the cash bond at Vaughn Correctional Center near Smyrna since his arrest.

Reigle's order required Corbett to have no contact or be within 300 feet of any children, including his own three, and had to surrender his passport and not leave Delaware.

Prosecutor Josette D. Manning, who opposed Hurley's motion, wrote that several doctors, including an assistant state medical examiner, have "opined that Evan died as a direct result of inflicted trauma." The state conducted a "painstaking, thorough and exhaustive investigation that led to only one conclusion: Justin Corbett beat Evan Dudley to death."

During her opening statement, Manning said that the only agenda being pushed is justice in this case. Justice for Evan Dudley.

“Accident, accident, accident. That is what the defense is trying to say happened,” Manning said. “The state contends it was not an accident. A jury determined it wasn’t an accident. Dozens of medical experts said it was not an accident.”​

EPzYWF4.jpg

When I was three I fell down the wooden stairs at home. About 12 steps. I bawled, my mother cuddled me. Nothing was wrong with me except a couple bruises. No doctor visit.

If the experts and everyone knows it wasnt a accident... How did he only 8 years!? W t f

For everyone who was responsible for his easy short 8 year sentence.. I hope the guilt of knowing how wrong it was takes over their lives.. Destroying them!

Rip baby

Back