• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/27/kansas-stepfather-accused-abandoning-infant-in-trash.html

Police in Lawrence, Kansas, say a 9-month-old girl's stepfather is accused of abandoning the infant in a trash bin earlier this month.

The Kansas City Star reports that 27-year-old Marquis Jamall Young is charged in an arrest warrant with attempted first-degree murder and child abuse.

The child was found early July 7 in the trash receptacle at an apartment complex.

The infant was treated at a Kansas City-area hospital and was released about two weeks later.

A police spokeswoman, Sgt. Amy Rhoads, says the girl is in the state's custody and will continue to receive outpatient treatment for her injuries.

So sad! The article says she was treated in hospital for 2 weeks & is still receiving outpatient treatment for her injuries-- maybe step-monster beat this poor baby until she was unconcious, then dumped her in the trash thinking she was dead?

Thank god she's a little fighter & I pray she recovers fully... & that step-daddy goes down for attempted murder!

http://www.kmbc.com/news/man-charge...hild-abuse-after-baby-found-in-trash/40891758

Where was mom.

Oh wait, let me guess, WORKING.?

According to the article above ^^^
The man's wife told friends that she and her husband had a fight, she left and returned about 5:30 a.m. to find her 6-month-old daughter missing.

So she took off because they were arguing, leaving HER baby with this ass hat. I wonder if that's why she's now in state's care....

Comments on the article are bashing the mom for having stepfather to a 6 month old.

Did people give Heidi Klum and Seal tons of shit? I remember people saying it was admirable that he took on that responsibility, not that Klum was selfish horrible mother.

He didn't just throw her into a trash bin, he put her into a trash compactor.. :eek:

Comments on the article are bashing the mom for having stepfather to a 6 month old.

Did people give Heidi Klum and Seal tons of shit? I remember people saying it was admirable that he took on that responsibility, not that Klum was selfish horrible mother.
To be fair this step father is in a completely different category. This isn't even his first run in with the law.

From the original link:
Young is currently in custody in Johnson County on unrelated charges. He will be brought to Douglas County to face charges of attempted first degree murder and child abuse.

The mother wasn't saint of the year either.
Investigators later discovered he had recently been held in a nearby Johnson County jail, along with his wife and the baby's mother, Sheena Young. The pair had been arrested just north of Lawrence, at Perry Lake, on 13 July in a separate incident of alleged disorderly conduct.

The couple were released after posting a bond of $3,000 (£2,290) each.

But Young was soon back in the same jail on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery after being accused of beating his wife. He is currently still being held in Johnson County in lieu of a $20,000 bail bond.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kansas-stepfather-accused-throwing-away-nine-month-old-baby-bin-1572854

He didn't just throw her into a trash bin, he put her into a trash compactor.. :eek:

To be fair this step father is in a completely different category. This isn't even his first run in with the law.

From the original link:

The mother wasn't saint of the year either.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kansas-stepfather-accused-throwing-away-nine-month-old-baby-bin-1572854
So people with past criminal activity should not take on pregnant women as wives? Pregnant women who have a checkered past should not have partner's who are not their baby's father?

Is that reserved for some other class of people?

So people with past criminal activity should not take on pregnant women as wives? Pregnant women who have a checkered past should not have partner's who are not their baby's father?

Is that reserved for some other class of people?
No. Pregnant women shouldn't take on violent mentally unstable men as husbands..or boyfriends. I never bashed her on being remarried so quickly. Heck I didn't comment on it at all except to say Heidi and Seal are nothing like these people.

Here's how I feel about it. I don't care that she's seeing another guy fairly quickly after being knocked up by a separate guy. To each their own. But.. any parent should put some consideration and time into who they are going to bring into their children's lives, no matter the age of a child. Especially when marrying the person and making them a parental figure who is responsible for care of said children.

I got engaged 3 months after I started dating my boyfriend(now husband), I had 2 children the smallest of which was 21 months old. We were married 5 months later. The difference? I knew him for over 2 years before we even dated. It was something I gave great consideration to before even agreeing to date him. Did I want him as part of mine and my children's lives? Was he a good person? Would he be a good step-dad? Etc etc. I'm a mother before anything else.

May 23, 2017

A Lawrence man accused of placing his infant stepdaughter in a trash compactor was convicted Monday of two lesser felony charges than the one he originally faced.

A single felony charge of attempted first-degree murder was filed against Marquis Young in July. On Monday prosecutors filed an amended complaint in Douglas County District Court, charging Young with one felony count each of aggravated battery and abuse of a child. He pleaded no contest to the two charges the same day, Jill Spurling, a trial assistant with the Douglas County District Attorney's Office, said in an emailed response to questions.

Young, 28, appeared in court in January for a preliminary hearing where witnesses testified about the incident on July 7, 2016.

Early that morning, a resident of the Country Club on 6th Apartments, 2500 W. Sixth St., discovered an infant girl inside the complex's shared dumpster, which also compacts trash, the Journal-World previously reported. The infant suffered two skull fractures, swelling to her eye and scalp and a number of bruises and scratches all over her body.

Young's wife, Sheena Young, testified during the preliminary hearing that she and her husband fought the night before. She also said Marquis Young is not the biological father of the infant, though he acted as a parental figure in the relationship.

As their argument continued, Sheena Young said she left the apartment to spend the night with friends. She left Marquis Young, who had been drinking, with the infant.

Sometime later that evening, after he was left alone with the infant, Marquis Young wandered outside the apartment and argued with a neighbor, Lawrence Police Detective Jamie Lawson testified during the preliminary hearing. Eventually the police were called, though officers decided to give Marquis Young "a break" and "told him to go back inside."

The next morning Sheena Young said she spoke with her husband, who couldn't find the infant. She told him to call 911, and soon investigators realized this call was likely connected to the infant who was found in the complex's dumpster earlier that morning.

Later Marquis Young told investigators he couldn't remember what happened during the night, though Lawrence Police Detective Zach Thomas said officers found blood on his shirts that matched the infant's DNA profile.

Young was not immediately arrested in connection with the case. He was, however, arrested in Jefferson County that July after he and Sheena Young were accused of disorderly conduct at Perry Lake. Both were released from jail after posting a bond of $3,000.

Marquis Young was arrested once more that same month after he was accused of battering Sheena Young in Lenexa. He was convicted of that charge and transferred to the Douglas County Jail after serving his sentence so he could face trial in the attempted first-degree murder case.

The infant found in the dumpster has since recovered from her injuries and has been placed with relatives, the Douglas County District Attorney's Office said in a news release.
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2017/may/23/stepfather-infant-found-trash-pleads-lesser-felony/

July 14,2017

Marquis Young, 28, initially charged with attempted first degree murder and child abuse in the case, later pleaded no contest to aggravated battery and child abuse, both felonies. On Friday Judge Paula Martin sentenced him to 186 months, or about 15 and a half years, in prison for the crimes.

Young’s attorney, Adam Hall, said that the child “is doing very well” now and that the harm inflicted upon her was not long-lived.

Hall also said Young “lacked judgment” due to heavy intoxication and prescription drug use when the crime was committed and did not remember what happened during the night.

“He was mostly a good parent and caregiver for her,” Hall said. “... the defendant expressed devastation and fright at the thought that she was missing.”

Prosecutor Mark Simpson disagreed with the defense’s attempt to downplay the crimes.

Simpson said Young gave the baby two small fractures when she was in his care, and he reiterated that the dumpster she was found inside also compacted trash.

“If people had not intervened, she would have been killed,” Simpson said.

When asked by the judge during Friday's hearing if he had anything to say, Marquis Young said no.

After the judge’s ruling, as Sheena Young left the courtroom, a shackled Marquis Young shouted toward her, “I’ll never forget, trust me, I’ll never forget ... I love [baby’s name].”
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2017/jul/14/lawrence-man-accused-abusing-leaving-infant-daught/

@cubby
July 14, 2017

A baby girl’s stepfather who was initially charged with attempted first-degree murder and child abuse pleaded no contest Friday to aggravated battery and child abuse, LJ World reports.

Marquis Young was sentenced to 186 months, or about 15 and a half years, in prison for the crimes, according to LJ World.

On July 7, 2016 a woman living in the same Lawrence apartment complex as Young and his wife told FOX 4 that while dumping her garbage, she heard a baby crying. The woman found the little girl in the dumpster, which is also a trash compactor, under a pile of trash bags.

In a previous interview, neighbors told FOX 4 that Young was acting strangely, knocking on neighbors’ doors. At about 5:30 in the morning, police say the child’s mother called 9-1-1 because her daughter was missing.

On July 5, 2016 Young pleaded guilty to battering his new wife, and then two days later, her baby girl was found in the dumpster of the Lawrence apartment complex where the couple was living.
https://fox4kc.com/2017/07/14/stepf...nce-dumpster-sentenced-to-15-years-in-prison/

Back