• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

http://6abc.com/pets/animal-control-workers-come-to-rescue-of-emaciated-dog-in-nj/1436553/

Animal control workers came to the rescue of an emaciated dog in New Jersey, saving him from what they said would be certain death.

Paterson animal control responded to complaints from neighbors of an emaciated puppy with strong odor being kept outdoors in the heat with no food or water.
According to the Ramapo Bergen Animal Refuge, the puppy collapsed from the exertion and excitement of greeting a visitor as they approached, having been alone for days.

He was brought into the home by an officer and drank all the water out of the toilet. The home's owners admitted that he hadn't eaten in days, said animal control officers.

The dog had an extremely strong odor from a skin infection and the feces and urine he was living in.

Rescuers rushed the puppy, who they named Pax, to Oradell Animal Hospital, where he will be hospitalized and on IV fluids and antibiotics with 24-hour care until he is stabilized.

Food will be slowly reintroduced to his body.

"The puppy's tail never stopped wagging - he was so excited to finally have human contact and kind touch," [...]"The rescuers took him into their arms in a big fluffy towel because he was so frail. The towel seemed to weigh more than his tiny body. This happy, dying puppy quickly found his name - Pax - meaning peace because he had finally found his peace after being kept alone with no food or water."
[...]

Rescuers said they were in tears as the dog's tail wagged furiously from happiness.

See pictures at the link.

Even if it was all my fault, if I told animal control a dog hadn't eaten for days, I'd pretend he'd just come home from some disaster.
... Ahem..."Oh no, Officers, I don't know what happened.. He just showed up like this. I'm trying to help him."

I once had an owner tell me she fed her dog hotdogs, but only when they were on sale. Her 2 year old male lab weighed 22 lbs. :(

I really admire those humane officers. It's soul crushing to see shit like that.

I once had an owner tell me she fed her dog hotdogs, but only when they were on sale. Her 2 year old male lab weighed 22 lbs. :(

I really admire those humane officers. It's soul crushing to see shit like that.

I'm sorry. I couldn't stop my WTF reaction, because that is horrifying and shocking to me even after reading DD for years. It makes me so sad to realize the suffering that goes on on planet Earth, most of it caused by my own kind.

I'm sorry. I couldn't stop my WTF reaction, because that is horrifying and shocking to me even after reading DD for years. It makes me so sad to realize the suffering that goes on on planet Earth, most of it caused by my own kind.

It's okay, you don't have to apologize. I wtf'ed myself before getting very angry.

Lock the owner up...
and forget to feed him for days.
Asshole.

Abuse of a pet is so fucking low.
It shows your core quality as a person or total lack thereof.

Latest posts

Back