• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/07/muskegon_river_tubing_trip_tur.html
MUSKEGON COUNTY, MI – They left for what they thought would be an easy float down Muskegon River Tuesday afternoon – but ended up spending the night on the river bank, scared and yelling for help.

The trio of young women were rescued 20 hours later after a fisherman eventually heard their cries.
[....]
The women, all in their 20s, had never been tubing before and decided it would be a fun thing to do, Grabinski said. So they bought some tubes and headed to the popular launch site at the Maple Island Road bridge, Grabinski said.

"They were informed by somebody at the bridge that the river goes in a circle and if they put in there they would come back to their car," he said. "Not knowing anything, they set off on their little adventure."

About six hours later, with darkness closing in and their car nowhere to be found, the trio decided to get out on the riverbank where they ended up spending the night, Grabinski said.

"They said they hugged a tree all night yelling for help," he said, adding that that stretch of river is very isolated.

About noon on Wednesday a fisherman floating the river heard their cries for help, investigated and then called 911. The women, one from Muskegon Heights and two from Muskegon, did not have a phone with them, Grabinski said.

Muskegon Township firefighters launched their 16-foot jet propulsion river rescue boat from the Holton Duck Lake Road launch ramp and found the women about a quarter-mile downriver, he said. Dalton Township firefighters also responded with their boat in case it was needed.

Other than a few bug bites and scratches, the women were fine, Grabinski said. He estimated they had traveled roughly 3 miles.

"In their words, they're never going tubing again," he said. "My words are know the river or take someone with you who knows it and have a plan."

No one reported the women missing, which brought Grabinski to a third piece of advice: Before heading out for an adventure, tell someone where you're going and what time you plan to return.

You would also think they would've learned to become familiar with the area in which they plan to boat, hike, or whatever. I'm glad they were relatively unscathed.

Great fucking prank by the fella who told them the river flows in a circle.

Are these the dumbest fucks to show up on dreamindemon this month? We should start doing a nomination thread for top 5 dumbest fucks featured on this site and then a poll voting on the ultimate dumbfuck of the month(i'd do it but that feels too much like a fun, "communal' type of thing and i'm not here to make friends so fuck off if you actually think it's a good idea). These 3 should count as one of course, which makes them all the dumber since you have THREE minds put together yet still failing to come up with a better thought process at any point in this ordeal.

What is crying and screaming going to do in the middle of the night? Fucking start a fire and camp out, wait for light.

UGHHHH did anyone look at the stupidass slideshow on the link, detailing all their minor scratches(fucking whyyyyyyy)? These broads are ratchet as fuck, holy shit! BUSTED! No wonder it took so long for someone to come lookin for em. The one broads legs look like the healed over boat propeller nics on an old manatee.

Mississippi. They only utilized 4 letters to spell out such a lengthy state name cuz they knew the populace would be totally fucking hopeless to ever learn to spell it or even read it otherwise.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Are these the dumbest fucks to show up on dreamindemon this month? We should start doing a nomination thread for top 5 dumbest fucks featured on this site and then a poll voting on the ultimate dumbfuck of the month(i'd do it but that feels too much like a fun, "communal' type of thing and i'm not here to make friends so fuck off if you actually think it's a good idea). These 3 should count as one of course, which makes them all the dumber since you have THREE minds put together yet still failing to come up with a better thought process at any point in this ordeal.

What is crying and screaming going to do in the middle of the night? Fucking start a fire and camp out, wait for light.

UGHHHH did anyone look at the stupidass slideshow on the link, detailing all their minor scratches(fucking whyyyyyyy)? These broads are ratchet as fuck, holy shit! BUSTED! No wonder it took so long for someone to come lookin for em. The one broads legs look like the healed over boat propeller nics on an old manatee.
Omg again :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Mississippi. They only utilized 4 letters to spell out such a lengthy state name cuz they knew the populace would be totally fucking hopeless to ever learn to spell it or even read it otherwise.
Ummmmmm this was in Michigan.

A circular river?

Yeah, you know, like Disney's Rivers of America. I'm surprised they didn't see the Mark Twain steaming by or were saved by one of Davey Crockett's Explorer Canoes. :wacky:

Here's their guide map. Note that they could have found a safe beach at Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
MK%20Park%20Map%202012%20SM.png

Last edited:
:hilarious:

:hilarious: I feel like an asshole for laughing at these women, but c'mon. They didn't know where the fuck they were, what the fuck they were doing, and they didn't have phones on them. Why, oh why would they hug a tree all night long?!? I would be too embarassed to go to the ER for those scratches.

They not only hugged a tree all night, they sat until noon when the fisherman heard their cries.
They could have gotten back in the tubes and started downstream in the morning.
[doublepost=1468642155,1468640742][/doublepost]
A circular river?

I thought of two possibilities:
1) Maybe the stranger tried to tell them about a meander in the river where if the women had gone ashore at certain point, it would be an easy walk back to the car. But the women couldn't follow directions and kept floating.
2) He pulled a prank.

Probably a prank that the guy expected them to figure out in an hour or so, but apparently couldn't. What a silly reaction, it never even occurred to them to walk upstream. There's nearly always a trail alongside a stream, even if it's just a game trail. They could have lit a fire, laughed, joked, and had a night to remember.

Remember, in case of emergency, always laugh, panic just robs you of reason.

Last edited:
I'm voting a prank, possibly one that he thought was so obviously that nobody would believe what he said. He was most likely being funny, but they were so oblivious that they believed him, hook, line and sinker.

We float the Flint, we put in upriver and there are several places you can get out at, but all of them are about 10 miles apart. And most importantly they are all remote, as in if your car or ride is not waiting for you, you ain't walking back to town.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+sprewell+bluff+state+park&rlz=1CAACAC_enUS690US690&espv=2&biw=1093&bih=540&tbm=isch&imgil=a4WWBFAoPd-RdM%3BAAA

pictures of the Flint River as it runs thru Sprewell Bluff State Park in my home town, one of the most beautiful places in Georgia.

Plan.
That was key word in the story where they failed. If you are going out in woods take a flashlight and have a plan.
Anyone ever heard David Paulides on C2CAm taking about people lost in remote parks and speculating about ufos and bigfoot? He sounds to me like he would go on a circular river tube float . He has no comprehension of wilderness and the human will to survive in extreme conditions against anything.

We float the Flint, we put in upriver and there are several places you can get out at, but all of them are about 10 miles apart.

Unlike most, I actually do feel bad for these women. They decided to go out and do something they had never tried before. Yeah, they could've/should've gotten more info prior to going, but I don't think it's crazy to think that whoever runs this (if that's how it's done) would provide some basic information. I'm not sure if this... Service? Adventure?... Is run by a private company or the state... The place where I went tubing was overseen by the state (forest service).

I lived in Arizona as a teenager and again for several years as a married adult, and we tubed down the Salt River a billion times. They had very clear drop off and pick up spots, and where you got your tubes, there were large illustrations/maps and paper ones you could look at. You also knew that the trip would take approximately 4 hours. (Of course, if you or anyone in your group got mind-numbingly wasted and decided to go diving off of the cliffs and broke his neck, well, that was his own fucking fault. At least once a year some usually drunk jagoff does something incredibly dumb and opts out of the gene pool...!)

Anyway, I don't fault them in the beginning of their adventure, for sure. How they continued with their "survival techniques", however- that was both abominable and laughable!

Where we are you can park and take a bus to the drop off point, about 20 miles away, the company provides the canoes, tubes, whatever and you can float, boat back to where your car is parked. But you can also bring your own stuff and go on your own, too. I think these ladies should have been part of a group, at least the first time, they most certainly would have had a much nicer experience.

Also beware of outfits who rent gear, because they aren't always honest or give a shit. My first husband and I rented a john boat at Lake Texoma. They obviously "saw us coming", because there was only one oar and a problem with the fuel line that didn't become apparent until it was too late. Being inexperienced we also headed out into the main body of the lake; a lake big enough to have it's own weather; and suddenly found ourselves stranded. Of course, the one oar was useless, it began to get late and we started to get cold. After fruitlessly trying to signal with a mirror we stood up and began waving our arms furiously. We could see a tiny boat on the horizon and eventually it began to move our way. Two men had seen us and thought maybe we were celebrating a catch but realized it was going on way too long, so they came to check us out. I commend them for not laughing at our dumb predicament, and they explained all the ways we had gone wrong. They weren't too happy about the asshole who rented us the boat.

Anyway, I've been there and done that, tee-shirt and all, but I still think we were smarter than those chicks.

rented a john boat
That sounds very familiar.

I wound up heading up-river with the primer bulb in my hand and squeezing it whenever the engine sputtered so I could get back to where I had started. Seems the engine would draw just enough fuel to run above idle -- just fast enough that I could maintain steerage way, in fact -- but not enough to let me go back up-river. At least, not without a little help.

--Al

Unlike most, I actually do feel bad for these women. They decided to go out and do something they had never tried before. Yeah, they could've/should've gotten more info prior to going, but I don't think it's crazy to think that whoever runs this (if that's how it's done) would provide some basic information. I'm not sure if this... Service? Adventure?... Is run by a private company or the state... The place where I went tubing was overseen by the state (forest service).

I think they must have used the services of a tubing outfit because it isn't realistic for three first-timers to bring along their own river tubes and pump, and that's why I think it was all a misunderstanding and not someone punking them. They probably half-listened to the attendant when they were told the river adventure would end when they "leave the river at the blah blah blah and take a blah blah blah, which will circle back to your car".

Later on....
Circle back? What's that?
Oh honey, don't pay him no mind. It's the river that circles back. It'll get us back home.
Wheeeee!!

Three adult minds combined couldn't figure out that rivers don't go in circles. Heaven help them.

I think they must have used the services of a tubing outfit because it isn't realistic for three first-timers to bring along their own river tubes and pump, and that's why I think it was all a misunderstanding and not someone punking them. They probably half-listened to the attendant when they were told the river adventure would end when they "leave the river at the blah blah blah and take a blah blah blah, which will circle back to your car".

Later on....
Circle back? What's that?
Oh honey, don't pay him no mind. It's the river that circles back. It'll get us back home.
Wheeeee!!

Three adult minds combined couldn't figure out that rivers don't go in circles. Heaven help them.

You know, I've thought abt that myself... Where in God's name does one just go and BUY those heavy duty float down river style tubes, esp I'd if they're doing it for the very first time? As a kid, we'd do it several times a summer; as an adult, at least once, and we never purchased then,- AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHERE TO DO THAT even if I wanted to! o_O So I HOPE these gals got them from an outfitter... Mainly bc I can't imagine that Amazon order otherwise! :hilarious:

1673301476188.png

WE used to swim out to this rock and dive off ( well I didn't dive, I just jumped because you had to know just the place to dive so you didn't break your neck). You can see where the dark mark on the rock showed how deep it used to be, now you can walk across. Back before it became a state park, it was a real good party place, Got many happy memories, from my grandparent's fishing trips to teenage partying.

Back