• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

tmdgirl

The girl who waited....forever.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article91371442.html

As Miami homicide detectives urgently searched for missing toddler Angela Dufrene, her mother made a stunning admission in court this week.

“She is dead,” Marjorie Dufrene calmly told a Miami-Dade judge Thursday, according to audio of a court hearing obtained by the Miami Herald. “She is no longer with us.”

The shocking revelation in court came just hours before Miami police issued a bulletin asking for the public’s help in finding Angela, who might have vanished at least eight months ago in November. The girl’s disappearance was discovered this week after an anonymous abuse tip spurred an investigation by the Florida Department of Children and Families.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article91371442.html#storylink=cpy

This is a serious ball of wtf....I really pray this little one is alive, but I'm not holding out hope. Its been too long, with no sign of her.

**Sorry, I did look for something on this and didn't see it.

Yeah cause that's what everybody does when they break the baby. o_O

:fish:

Little girl has been missing 8 months and nobody noticed until now? Did this little family live deep in a forest, all secluded without family or friends, no neighbors?

Knowing she was pregnant with twins why didn't CPS step in when they were born?? This was acknowledged at the time her other three children were taken away. This little girl fell through the cracks and lost her life because of it. So sad. I don't believe she will ever be found. So sad no one can find even a picture of her.

So sad, and not 1 picture of this little baby girl?!
When I think of the thousands & thousands of pics I've taken of my children!
Just seems like momster couldn't care less about her-- no pics, throw her away in a dumpster, probably neglected her to death. Breaks my heart!

“It seems like someone in Broward is sleeping, all the priors here and nothing was done. It’s astounding, quite frankly,” Lederman said at Thursday’s hearing in juvenile court.

(Copied from the provided link in OP.)

Really? IS it astounding, Judge Judy? Strangely, nothing along these lines coming out of the F-L-A really ASTOUNDS me anymore. :shifty:

Third story in and I'm done in... :(

Some of these itchy buttholes are making me feel all stabby tonight! ("Itchy buttholes" = fucknugget criminals, btw.) :mad:

I fear I'm coming down with something, though... A fun summer virus if I had to guess. My whole body aches... And I'm a real whiny bitch when I don't feel well. Add that to people like abusive parents, and a different version of me is likely to appear, is what I'm getting at. ;) the extra sarcastic, stabby version.

juvenile court?? She is 30?? Because of cps??
Juvenile Court is for the children, not the mother. Custody, parental rights etc. The attorneys would have been representing the state and the children. The mother was a witness on the stand.
From the article
Thursday’s hearing in Miami-Dade juvenile court was held to explore the welfare of Dufrene’s children.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article91371442.html#storylink=cpy

Juvenile Court is for the children, not the mother. Custody, parental rights etc. The attorneys would have been representing the state and the children. The mother was a witness on the stand.
From the article
Obviously one can not live on 3 hours of sleep to often- I breezed right over that! Thanks!

1624559018065.jpeg
Angela lived with her twin brother and her two-year-old sister, their mother, Marjorie Dufrene, and Marjorie's boyfriend in Miami, Florida. Marjorie's two oldest children, aged four and ten, lived with their father, Marjorie's estranged husband Lewis Dufrene, but visited their mother on weekends.

The Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) was supposed to be monitoring the family; Marjorie had a long history with them, dating back to 2011, when she hit her son in the face with a belt so badly he needed surgery to his eye.

In around October or November 2014, Marjorie stopped bringing Angela to daycare and would only bring her twin brother; she said Angela was with her grandmother. Lewis had visits with the twins and their older sibling at a DCF office through late 2014, but starting in 2015, Marjorie would only bring Angela's twin to the social services office for visitation, not Angela herself.

The last verified sighting of Angela was in December 2014, when a doctor saw her while administering vaccinations. During this time period DCF workers repeatedly met with Marjorie and her family and investigated reports of physical abuse regarding the twins' older siblings, but they never actually saw Angela. In July 2015, a sheriff's investigator found "no safety concerns for the children" in the home.

Angela's disappearance was not reported until July 2016. That summer there were reports that one of Angela's sisters had been sexually abused by Marjorie's boyfriend, that the apartment was filthy and had no food, and that Marjorie's older children were forced to sit outside in the hallway as a punishment when they visited on weekends. While investigating, a DCF worker spoke to the family's landlord. The landlord said he had no knowledge of Angela's existence and that as far as he knew, Marjorie had four children, not five.

When the investigator spoke to Marjorie, Marjorie said she had only four children. When confronted with Angela's birth certificate, however, she changed her story and said Angela was with her birth father, a man she identified as Henry Mathieu. However, she gave the investigator an incorrect phone number for Mathieu, and pretended to call him as she and the investigator drove around the North Miami-Dade area looking for Mathieu's address.

When Marjorie and the investigator returned to the DCF office, Marjorie changed her story and said Angela was with Mathieu's mother. Mathieu's mother, when asked about this, said this story was a lie. Marjorie's sister and live-in boyfriend both stated they had never met Angela, and Angela's eleven-year-old brother told investigators that his baby sister had been missing since at least the summer of 2015 and he had stopped asking about her.

Then Marjorie claimed that in March 2016, she had dropped Angela during an argument with her boyfriend and that she had died and her boyfriend had disposed of the body, something the boyfriend denied. Marjorie then told yet another story: she said the baby had been unable to stop crying, then "fell" out of her mother's arms. Marjorie then put Angela in a car seat, and the baby started coughing up blood and died, so her mother wrapped her body in a black garbage bag and put it in a McDonald's restaurant dumpster.

Later in July 2016, during a court appearance, the judge asked Marjorie where Angela was. Marjorie's attorney was present and attempted to invoke her right against self-incrimination, but Marjorie stated, "She is dead. She is no longer with us."

Investigators believe Angela is dead, but no one has been charged in her presumed death due to lack of evidence, including lack of a body and lack of witnesses to any crime. Her case remains unsolved.

Back