• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/nurse-accused-stabbing-autistic-boy-needle-times-40883228

New Jersey officials say a nurse caught on videotape stabbing an autistic boy with a hypodermic needle to control his behavior has agreed to surrender her license during the investigation.
[...]

Porrino tells the state Board of Nursing that Naomi Derrick stabbed the boy with the needle six times in the knees, leg and arm on May 15. He says the actions were witnessed by employees at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center in Atlantic City.

She's also accused of bending the 10-year-old's finger back, stepping on his bare foot and causing him to fall by moving a chair he was using to stabilize himself.

Derrick couldn't be reached for comment. [...]

If they caught this, I'm sure she's been suspected of patient abuse for a while.

I just can't even imagine the pain of having a needle jabbed in my knee, foot stomped on, fingers bent back, cause, you know, I always react in a positive way when I'm being tortured.o_O

She most likely caused many of his behaviors. What a sadistic bitch. There is no telling how long she has been doing this to him. Many autistic children don't have the ability to communicate except through their behavior. She should lose her license permanently...not a temporary suspension as I read at the link. I can't imagine this boy being stabbed menacingly with a needle repeatedly in so many parts of his body...much less the other despicable things she did to him. No wonder he is having so many behaviors. He is supposed to be in a place to receive help. Not make his condition worse. I hope a lawsuit is filed on his behalf and he wins enough to be very well taken care of the rest of his life. This is just awful.

I saw the line that said "He says the actions were witnessed by employees at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center in Atlantic City." So they saw it happen and
did...what? That many incidents didn't happen all at once.She's been busy. So they just let her do that, then finish her shift? That's not right.

Meh, he's probably a dick and she's probably a certified loony-bird too, with the whole drawer full of pills she takes just to open her fucking eyes in the morning. Many nurses are, particularly at these shit jobs. If it weren't for the age difference, they'd probably be married. :shifty:

My 10 year old is on the spectrum and I am so enraged that I actually made an account to post on this. More horrifying than victimizing a child, is victimizing a child who is unable to communicate in a typical fashion.

If this had happened to my kid, I'd be writing this from jail.:mad: I hope she NEVER gets her license back. What a despicable human.

I made the mistake of thinking this bitch got stabby in one episode of cruelty. No. She TERRORIZED this child for HOURS. See NJ Dept of Nursing report here http://www.nj.gov/oag/newsreleases16/Derrick-Verified-Complaint.pdf

Last edited:
My 10 year old is on the spectrum and I am so enraged that I actually made an account to post on this. More horrifying than victimizing a child, is victimizing a child who is unable to communicate in a typical fashion.

If this had happened to my kid, I'd be writing this from jail.:mad: I hope she NEVER gets her license back. What a despicable human.

I made the mistake of thinking this bitch got stabby in one episode of cruelty. No. She TERRORIZED this child for HOURS. See NJ Dept of Nursing report here http://www.nj.gov/oag/newsreleases16/Derrick-Verified-Complaint.pdf
I just read the whole complaint.
She should never be allowed to be a nurse again.

OMG disgusting! According to that report, all of these assaults (the needle stabbing, finger bending, foot stomping & chair pushing) were recorded during a single 12 hr shift!!

I can only imagine how this poor little boy suffered at the hands of this sadistic bitch day after day!

I have to wonder how many times she's done this prior to being caught on video tape. Warning him he's going to "get the needle"...seems to be something she expected him to understand. I'm curious about whether the survellience video was set up to catch her in the act due to suspected abuse. This was not her first time...during this shift. To know that others witnessed him bleeding and suffering from these incidents and she was allowed to finish out her shift that day really pisses me off.

Meh, he's probably a dick and she's probably a certified loony-bird too, with the whole drawer full of pills she takes just to open her fucking eyes in the morning. Many nurses are, particularly at these shit jobs. If it weren't for the age difference, they'd probably be married. :shifty:

I bestow upon you the Jack Burton Award for this magnificent post!

jack_burton_by_trevorgrove-d524r9v.jpg

From Aug. 15, 2019
A registered nurse from Sicklerville has lost her license after being accused of repeatedly jabbing an autistic boy with a hypodermic needle.

Naomi Derrick assaulted the 10-year-old boy after he disobeyed her orders at the psychiatric unit of an Atlantic City hospital in 2016, according to a statement from Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal.

Derrick "continually threatened the child by saying she would give him a needle if he did not behave," the statement said.

She then pricked the boy "on at least six occasions" during an overnight shift at Atlanticare Regional Medical Center in May 2016.

In testimony at a court hearing this year, Derrick denied touching the boy with the needle "but conceded that she did 'threaten him with the needle to calm him down,'" the State Board of Nursing said in a final order Thursday.

Derrick testified that the boy would call her names, pull her hair, throw a sheet at her, and try to leave the room and go into other patients’ rooms, according to Grewal's statement.

She admitted repeatedly telling the boy over a 12-hour shift that he'd be “put in restraints and get the injection.”

But the board's order noted Administrative Law Judge Joann Lasala Candido found incriminating evidence from security cameras and a co-worker to be more credible.

"At the very least, uncapping a needle and holding it near an autistic child who is flailing his arms and legs is an inherent danger," Candido said in a June ruling that recommended revocation of Derrick's license.

The Nursing Board's order said Derrick, a nurse for eight years, stuck the child on his upper arm, thigh, kneecaps, foot, and hand, frequently drawing droplets of blood.

It noted the hypodermic needle was empty, but said Derrick's use of the needle "as a threat and for discipline constitutes professional misconduct."

The board's order backed the judge's finding that Derrick's actions showed "gross repeated negligence, malpractice and incompetence," as well as "a lack of good moral character."

The board's order said Derrick, who had argued for a suspension, must pay 10 percent of the state's cost of her case, or almost $2,200.

The order also Derrick, whose license was suspended in August 2016, now earns $10 per hour working in a store.

The state is also moving for the revocation of Derrick’s respiratory therapist license under the State Board of Respiratory Care.

Derrick was charged with aggravated assault, child endangerment and other offenses in connection with the incident. The Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office earlier this year allowed her to enter a pretrial intervention program to resolve those charges.
1622233812033.png

Back