• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/three-year-old-dies-hot-car-dallas-church-parking-lot/

A 3-year-old boy left behind in a hot car in a church parking lot died Sunday amid a brutal nationwide heatwave.

CBS Dallas reports the incident took place at Rehoboth Praise Assembly in East Dallas Sunday afternoon.

Earlier the family was inside attending an afternoon service when a fellow church member said they realized the 3-year-old was missing.

The next thing the congregation knew, the father brought the little boy into the church from outside, but it was too late.

Detectives looked over the family's SUV still parked outside the church where Sunday services had a tragic interruption.

"We didn't know. We didn't see. He just bring into the building inside, and we saw it and get the people, we need to help and call 911," church member Reng Om said.

Om was attending the afternoon service when he said it came time for the children to leave the kids' room where they were having bible study and join the adults.

"Every kid comes out to the main service room, and they would read the bible and singing, and they would go back into that room," Om said.

That's when the parents of the little boy realized he wasn't with their other four children, so they began searching for him.

Police have released few details about the case. They said this remains an active investigation.

HOW! JUST HOW CAN YOU FORGET!?

How did the other parishioners not realize they were missing a kid? Maybe my church is nosey folks coz had they seen this family missing a kid they woulda been like uh...missing somebody?
Maybe they were to wrapped up in the Holy Spirit.

:meh:... Religious people... So pious..."Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift." Mathew. 5:23-24.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/year-boys-hot-car-death-investigation-dallas-police/story?id=40861241
This update is reporting the boy as 2
So I'm not sure if he was 2 or 3
I guess it doesn't really matter, he's still dead.

According to KidsAndCars.org, Boi Lei Sang, 2, is the fifth child to die in a hot car in Texas this year. Across the U.S., 21 children have died of heatstroke in a vehicle so far this year, compared to 11 children by this time in 2015.

It is not known how long the boy had been in the car.

Reng Om was attending services at Dallas Matu Christian Church with other families when, he said, the father entered the church carrying the unresponsive little boy.

[...]

He said that his understanding was that when the father of five didn't see the child with his four siblings in a classroom, he went looking for him. The boy was found around 3 p.m. [...]

"The parent was very, you know, just very upset," Om said. "I'm really upset for him, the family."

According to the local weather report on WFAA-TV, temperatures in the area reached 100 degrees Sunday.

100 degrees outside the car, 150 inside, I'm sure, this baby was roasted inside that car.

HOW CAN YOU FORGET THE BABY?!:banghead:

It is really sad to read these stories about babies dying in hot cars over and over and over. This is so preventable and sadly the count is double what it was at this time last year. I don't understand how these babies...who should all be in car seats and visible to the driver...not on the floor or laying down in the backseat is what I mean...clearly visible...get left behind to die. I'll never understand this. RIP babies.

Back