• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...by-drown-beach-tide-came-jailed-20-years.html

Jailed for 20 years and still blaming witchcraft.

She's either one of the more primitive, ignorant fuckwits out there to genuinely swallow that crap, or she was hoping her ethnic and cultural background would bring some tolerance from the judiciary.

Someone's going to try holding her head under a full sink of water in prison as retaliation and I hope, when it happens, that the full gravity of her monstrous choices hits her.

A woman who claimed 'witchcraft' led her to leave her 13-month-old baby to drown on a beach said committing the act was as easy as 'going shopping'.

Twisted Fabienne Kabou, 39, was jailed for 20 years after she abandoned her daughter Adelaide on the shore at Berck-sur-Mer in northern France.

Kabou told her that she checked the local tide chart before abandoning the baby on the beach as the tide was coming in.

Described by her lawyer as highly intelligent, she told the court she had no other explanation for her acts but witchcraft.

'Nothing makes sense in this story. What interest could I have in tormenting myself, lying, killing my daughter?' she asked. 'I spoke of sorcery and I am not joking. Even a stupid person would not do what I did.'

Kabou said she carried out the murder 'perfectly mechanically, as if a part of me was anaesthetised' and returned home the next day 'with the attitude of someone who has just gone shopping'.

TORMENTING YOURSELF!?

I want to exact justice on this monster personally. Bare hands.

Last edited:
From MissLiz link,

Kabou said she carried out the murder 'perfectly mechanically, as if a part of me was anaesthetised' and returned home the next day 'with the attitude of someone who has just gone shopping'.

The only thing standing out 'perfectly' is this mothers heartlessly cold and callous description of leaving her daughter to be pulled into the deep by the tide and certain death as her tiny lungs denied of air filled with the sea. Fuck this mother who could turn from her child leaving her in such peril with the attitude of someone who had just gone shopping!! :wtf:

Sorry to pull this up after a month in dormancy but it's just blowin' my mind!

Something sounds so off about there not having been any record of the child's birth, it was -- it was like she was never even born. So there'd be nobody looking for her, no one asking where she went, and ultimately, nobody to hold accountable -- wow.

I'm like the rest in your horror of the method of murder she chose. Anything at all would've beat the images I'm getting of what that death was like... my god. As someone said, we get that some people snap after hearing a baby cry for hours, particularly if they've had little sleep and most particularly if they're not used to hearing it (like a new boyfriend in the house, perhaps) -- we've been forced to kind of accept that it happens.)

I've always remembered when Andrea Yates murdered her five, her account of how the last (and oldest) child ran from her, he knew what was happening and he was terrified. She described dragging him back to the tub (that had to be filled with God-knows-what fluids, etc. because she'd just drowned four kids in that water.) How he kept saying to her, "I'm sorry!" even as she pushed his head down into the water. I didn't think a drowning could be any more cruel. But I was wrong.

It reminds me of that part of "Creepshow" (S. King) where the husband of a cheating woman buries his wife up to her neck in the sand, then sits back and watches her suffering and eventual drowning as the tide slowly comes in... I think he invites the boyfriend to watch, I don't remember -- something like that?
It was, in the beginning, a sort of comic book, with like five stories in it. One was a guy who was a germophobe who's apartment is overrun by roaches (ugh) and one was a mentally slow guy (played by Stephen King) who touches a meteorite and starts to grow grass on his body... they were all kind of goofy, but fun to read. But the one with the slow death by tide was just one of those ideas that you never forget. You think of how that would feel, how you'd try to hold your breath but would soon realize that couldn't work, so you -- ugh! Just wait.

I don't buy that she had those tender moments with her daughter and comforted her until the tide was upon her. No, she didn't do that. To do that would indicate compassion, and I don't think she had any of that, not for her child. And her blaming "witchcraft" was just a silly last-ditch effort to get out of a crime she thought she'd get away with.
Waterboarding is scary because of the sensation of drowning, but this child had to get the last stage, the actual drowning. She lived everyone's nightmare before dying in it.

This woman is missing something most people have. I'm not even sure what it's called, but hers is gone (or majorly FUBAR) -- at any rate I wish she was given a natural life sentence. Because one day she'll be walking free, and anyone capable of this should never ever be doing that. If she'd commit this act on her own daughter, who by some accounts she adored, what's she capable of doing to someone she didn't "adore?"

It's going to be a very long time before I lose the image of the ocean, deserted save for some gulls flying over the water as the waves climbed in, then seeing the shadow of baby's stroller, once parked at the water's edge, but now almost disappearing into the ocean as the waves grab at it and grab at it, tugging it forward until it rolls with jerky motions deeper into the cold waters that will serve as this child's grave. I can't even imagine how it would've looked from another angle, one that showed the child's face. . . I couldn't even speculate how she must've looked... terrified beyond comprehension, cold, choking or gasping or whatever happens... Or how it would've look from the angle of the little girl doomed. I'm guessing that the fear began when she sensed her mother walking away, leaving her alone with the water that kept growing in front of her, first at the wheels of the stroller and finally stinging her eyes, that closed against the white foam that seemed to be everywhere... There had to be screams that wouldn't sound, and that's pretty much a nightmare personified. And although I usually love details, I wouldn't want to see the look of fear I'm sure was frozen on her face as she went under for the last time. In every single visual I've imagined of her (having no idea what she looks like, etc.) I imagine her like that, eyes wide with terror, mouth open in a scream nobody would hear. I cannot get rid of that image -- and it's worse still because I know this happened. Yeah, this one's just too horrible for me to process, I don't even know to do that.

This woman responsible... cage her. Melt the key. Because she was given something her daughter was not (namely, a chance to live out her life) the only way real justice will be dispensed in this case is if it's meted out by her fellow inmates. I hope it's in the showers, closely replicating the death of her daughter (I'd want worse but I don't think that's possible.) May she feel her dead child's fear sevenfold before she's pulled into Hell, hopefully to relive it for eternity.

(**as ever, apologizing for the lengthy post; i just had to get that out, this is horrific)

Last edited:
So hold up. At first she blamed the act on "motherhood not fitting her lifestyle" or some shit then after hearing what people think of or do to these types of murderers in prison and changed it to being influenced by Witchcraft?? Da fuck out of here

They should test to see if she weight more than a duck, and if she does, then she could be a witch. So they should burn her just to be safe and keep her from drowning anymore babies ;p

Many Africans believe so fervently in witchcraft that I can see how she has convinced herself that it was witchcraft. It's certainly convenient.
I bet if the baby was a boy it would not have been killed and the father would have paid attention to the child.

I say we strap her to an adult sized stroller in a snowsuit that she has no hopes of getting out of & toss her sorry ass into the ocean & use the excuse of bitchcraft because yeah I get real bitchy when innocent children are hurt or killed.

Mentally ill people act like this...mechanically.

Its odd and hard to understand if your brain has never been sick.

Not giving her a pass...just saying this is an intelligent woman,

was studying architecture and then jumped to philosophy.

She took care of her daughter, fed her, bundled her up. (omg...that tiny little snow suit)

Kabou told detectives she heard voices persecuting her and evil forces that drove her to kill her daughter.

Sounds like psychosis. Heard voices...psst...psst...psst!

like seeing the walls that wouldn’t stop
shaking,” Kabou said.

That would scare me...I've never seen the walls shake, but I've felt like static TV

and white noise on the inside...then the little voices told me to try hanging myself

to see if I liked it...I did...and I'm an intelligent woman too.

Those voices don't even speak English...just psst...psst...psst, and it all

sounds correct until they pump you with meds and the static stops.

I don't think she ever thought it was "witchcraft" or anything like it. When asked about the claim of witchcraft, she said, "It's my default defense, because I can think of no other." Well hell, let's all use witchcraft of a second defense, then! "The court believes you are guilty of purposely murdering your child." "Umm... okay, well would you believe witchcraft? Hmm?" Seriously, it's like when she learned she was in serious trouble, that's when she changed it to all the bullshit that I think she made up, probably out of pieces of some of the cases studies in those philosophy classes or something.

She describes the baby, of being left there alone, "She was fine. She wasn't asleep or anything, but she was calm." Now I wasn't there, so I can't say exactly what happened. But I can say one thing: that baby was NOT "fine." Sure, when she was pushing it to the ocean, maybe glancing down at her, she probably was calm. But when that water started rising around her and the panic set in? That baby was ANYTHING but "fine." Fine my ass. Pisses me off.

She described turning on her heel and "running" from her child, never looking back. She'd checked the tide charts the day before (perfectly sound mind, some wouldn't have thought to do that, even.) She did what she did with obviously no hesitation whatsoever, and no regret after the fact. She described her feelings as she took the bus home the next day, "Like I'd been shopping."

Well you whore. You stupid, stupid whore. Oh I hope there are voices. Might not have been before, but I hope they exist and I hope they find you. And I hope they change into the voice of your little girl, into her screams as the ocean heard them after you'd run away. I hope she screams into your ear -- only yours -- until it drives you completely mad and you smash your head against the concrete to rid yourself of the terrified screams you are responsible for. I hope you never sleep more than half an hour without her waking you and taking you through it -- all of it -- the crying, the fear, the water, the choking, the last scream as the water rushes into her open mouth... I hope you hear that again and again until you finally destroy yourself, bashing the walls, the floors, until your head is split and the evil finally spills out. And even then, you won't have experienced a fraction of what that child did at your hands.

I'm never coming back to this one again, because I'd bet my house I'm gonna dream about this. I hope it's not as bad as I think it's going to be -- but yeah, the less I think about it, the better. I hate that she lives, but as long as she does there is hope that something horrific will happen to her, so yeah... sometimes Karma is a magnificent bastard! If not now... (when?)

I need to watch something simple now, maybe something that will make me laugh, to erase these horrific thoughts from my psyche... replace it with something simplistic, like a cartoon or something that will bring about hearty laughter, something I'll point to and laugh at and -- Hey, the Democratic convention is on! Now did I luck up, or what? ;)

@TaupinJohn .... have you ever considered that wishing all of these bad things to happen

to this lady or any other criminal we read about here is BAD?

Sometime I just go right past those comments about balls and blow torches because

to agree or let my thoughts go there makes me less somehow, or at least

as bad as the criminals in the story to wish like that. <3

Hi, Lithium Girl!

Have I considered it? Are you implying that it is, in fact, "bad?"
By asking, are you essentially telling me it is?
I'm afraid I don't understand what you're (being terribly kind about) asking? I get the gist; perhaps enough to have a go, so here's a go:

Well, when I see a comment that starts, "A rusty razor, pliers, duct tape..." -- and ends in "...and when he dies, revive him and do that shit again!" I do see those (see them, don't write them) And in a word... do I think they're "bad?" No. Do you?

To clarify my feeling that I'm not guilty of that particular element in commenting, you'll never find, in any of my too-long-and-rambling comments, ANY sort of punishment conceived by me and meant to obliterate the culprit in the story. I've never hinted that anyone needs their "baby parts" removed with a rusty anything, nor have I ever called for "pliers" in a way that makes many people lose their lunch. I know it's done, it's common here. But it's not done by me.

What I do wish, so often that it's almost a part of my signature, is that they get what they gave. No more than that, ever. No fancy dreamed up torture devices, nothing that's going to make anyone wince as they visualize the horrors the commenter has invented. If anything at all, I'll express a wish for the same treatment they doled out be given to them; the only exception is when I add "tenfold" or "sevenfold" (love me some folds, haha!) I think it's clear that when it comes to imaginative "bad" things, I'm not one of the more creative posters... mine's always that they receive what they gave; (the practicality of that is obvious, I assume?)

Take, for example, my latest post (above): Here's a woman and the child she produced and birthed. And she takes her life with all the regard most people take the life of an annoying fly in a window: not giving a damn whatsoever. In fact, she did it in a way so cruel and appalling that I was hard pressed to imagine a more heartless method or murder, (and I can imagine many methods of that! As can we all!) That post was -- how many lines long? (I can't see it now, but it was a bunch!) How many of those lines were regarding me wishing "bad" things to happen to her? One, two at the MOST, at the end?
If adding a sentence at the end of my comment saying I hope the same happens to her... if that's wrong... well I don't wanna be right!

But I appreciate your question, and I'm definitely always open to some honest and constructive criticism, so feel free to ask me about anything, anytime. If I wrote it, I meant it, and I don't want anything I've written to be taken any way but as intended. So I'll always try to elaborate if I've failed to make anything clear; because (borrowing a phrase shamelessly): Please, don't let me be misunderstood! I've got a feeling... well, it's suffice to say that I don't think I was misunderstood at all. I don't think, seeing so many comments that DO fit that area of questioning, I don't think anyone would confuse my comments with the sort you're talking about. I mean, apparently you did -- or something -- but I don't think that's what anyone else would've taken from that comment. I'd wager that not one person read that comment and thought, "Wow, that's bad that she's wishing the mother would suffer the same thing!"
If anything, they may have thought, "Same thing? No, she deserves much worse!"
Not trying to speak for anyone else, but I'd be shocked to learn I'm mistaken in believing there's not a single person reading this, who read that, and who took THAT from my post.
I can't even fathom someone reading all of that...and coming away with the opinion of
"Wow, she wished too much 'bad' on that mother!" It's ludicrous, it's laughable, because it so unlikely. Hence my questioning you getting that out of it -- not saying you didn't, but wondering how you got there... I don't see it.

But that's... that's just my take, and as we're all aware, opinions are just that, they aren't factual statements, just our take on the story at hand. One has no more value than another, and I'm sure I'm not alone in enjoying the diversity of the opinions here, the unique writing skills and banter of each member, and the surprisingly wide latitude that we're given regarding the rules in place for stating those opinions (comparatively speaking.)
(In other words, "I don't have to watch my mouth here? I'm stoked!")

And I hope you can kind of get my take on the opinions you mentioned. Some of them have provided some much needed comic relief, especially in the really horrific cases; dreaming of punishing those responsible for particularly horrible atrocities... it's a fast, effective, and free sort of therapy to fix what became broken as we read yet another true horror story. Nothing whatsoever wrong or "bad" about that! I applaud the imaginations that provide such fabulously appropriate "sentences" and have laughed out loud at the "give him CPR so you can kill him again!"-types of endings... they're funny as hell (to me!) Definitely my favorites! Most people, their torture ends at the death of the tortured... this group? Hell no -- this groups is like, "Kill him again!" You've gotta love that about the members of this group... I know I do!

How about you, do you think it's "bad?" Do you think what I wrote about the mother who took her child to give to the tide, that I wished the same on her...do you think that was "bad?"
And if so, does that make me "bad?"
If I hadn't added "sevenfold" -- if I'd just said, "I hope life gives her as she gave that child" -- kept it even like that -- would it be less bad? Just curious as to how you're defining "bad" -- it's a very general word and again, I'm not altogether sure what kind of answers you're looking for. But I hope I helped somewhat... and if I didn't, I hope I didn't (make myself look stupid) ramble too much (I did, I always do and I did it here) -- if I did, mea culpa -- I'm working on that... working on comment size... and I'll get there. Obviously, I won't get there today, but I'll get there...

Interesting question (surprised it was asked of me) but it did make me pause and consider my karma-like tongue-in-cheek endings that involve what the "bad guys" deserve. I appreciate the input, it's definitely something to think about.

Thanks again for asking!

TJ

:angelic:

"tenfold" or "sevenfold" (love me some folds, haha!)

Hello! Thanks for the reply, and not taking my remark as an attack because it wasn't.

I like/love/live by the fold too...So perhaps that is a good place to start,

I don't think you're bad for wishing that people get what they give...they do anyway even if

we don't wish it. I believe in Karma so I dont' wish ill on anyone, I have faith that the

wheel turns and the powers that be will be,

But sometimes we stoop in anger, and I think that harms us.

I feel a lot of different things when I'm reading here, empathy, compassion, joy sometimes

when a little life is over and out of harms way, disgust, but I put effort into not

feeling angry about the circumstances and stories we read here and try instead to

find the bright side.

So I think that's mostly what i'm worried about...stooping. <3

Not following the five ... no worries, no anger, no fear, working on myself,

and being kind, because even the vile are human beings, and even with all of the damage

they do, they teach us something, so I try to appreciate them for that, instead of

hating.

15/09/2017

Fabienne Kabou was sentenced on appeal this Friday to 15 years of criminal imprisonment by the North Assize Court in Douai. The appeal trial, which opened on September 8, lasted a week. The court retained the alteration of the discernment and the sentence of a socio-judicial follow-up of eight years, with injunction of care. On June 24, 2016, at first instance, she was sentenced to 20 years in prison for the murder of her 15-month-old daughter, Adelaide.
http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-fr...mnee-en-appel-pour-le-meurtre-de-sa-fille.php

So she managed to get her sentence reduced by 5 years via her idiotic witchcraft story. Disgusting.

I am always amazed that people think Europe is this wonderful enlightened place when in reality it crushes freedom of speech and thinks that children are disposable inconveniences.

I am scared of the ocean. If someone left me as high tide was rolling in I'd probably die of fright long before drowning.

Back