• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Nell

Unending melancholy
Bold Member!
There is video at the link if someone could imbed for me.

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) - Parents are furious after their toddler was left outside at a preschool in Southern Highlands.

According to the boy's father, who wanted to remain anonymous, his 19-month-old son Kayden was left outside at Kidz Kidz Kidz Preschool for over an hour and a half.

"It was probably the worst moment I've every had to deal with as a parent,," said the child's father.

The video starts right around 10:30 in the morning and after three minutes Kayden eventually walks out of view. His parent believe he went to lay down in a shaded area.

"He was probably wondering why am I left alone and he was thirsty and probably wanted his mommy and daddy," said Andrea Adams, the toddler's grandmother.

One thing is clear, a look at a different video from his classroom shows Kayden missing.

It's not until 12:03 p.m. when a teacher walks outside that you see her frantically spot the young boy.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/parents-up...digit-heat-at-preschool-in-southern-highlands

I'm not really sure. It could've been the daycare themselves since they are the ones who notified authorities and fired all the workers responsible for him. My friend, who's daughter attends this daycare, stated the daycare was very remorseful and personally apologized to all the parents individually.
[doublepost=1469400244,1469400192][/doublepost]There's still no excuse for this though

Do they not do head counts? I remember doing cub scouts and the youngest there are 1st graders, so 6ish, and we counted heads every few minutes. It's impossible to take care of multiple children without making sure that you have all of them by (and I know it's an outrageous idea) COUNTING HEADS! What an unusual idea!

Yeah, they're supposed to do head counts. My daughters were in a daycare that was amazing for a couple years, then started hiring questionable staff. They weeded through the bad ones pretty quickly, but there's always going to be a risk when they hire someone new. My daycare paid the workers a tad bit more than most and have some ppl who's been working there for 15-20 years. Most daycare workers get paid minimum wage and have a high turnover rate so I can see them scrambling to find someone new since they have to have a certain teacher/child ratio they have to follow. I'm a firm believer teachers and daycare workers should be getting paid A LOT more than they do along with a lot more strict hiring policies. They're in charge of protecting and nurturing our children when we can't. They literally are a part of raising your children and I think that's worth a little more than $8.25 a hr . Bitches just don't give a fuck when they can get the same amount at McDonalds if they're fired. It's just a job to them. Doesn't matter at all if they actually WANT or like working with kids.

I'd never take my child to a daycare or preschool that misspelled the word Kids on the sign. It would bother me every single time I went there. :meh:

My child's daycare/preschool had an apostrophe in the wrong place on their sign and it DID bother me every time I went there. Playful Panda's (not the actual name, other advertising did not have the offending apostrophe)

My child's daycare/preschool had an apostrophe in the wrong place on their sign and it DID bother me every time I went there. Playful Panda's (not the actual name, other advertising did not have the offending apostrophe)

Maybe the daycare was owned by a panda? :panda:

I worked at a daycare when I was younger and someone there left a little girl around this age outside in the winter for at least half an hour. They didn't know til they saw her on the camera outside wandering around crying. Think they told the parents? Nope. I've seen so many questionable things working in daycare. I could never send my child to one because of it.

Back