• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
5pfloo.jpg

CLEAR CREEK COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – An Arvada man has been arrested for allegedly setting his girlfriend on fire during a camping trip.

John Vasquez has accused of attempted second-degree homicide, first-degree assault and domestic violence.

Investigators believe Vasquez, 32, set his girlfriend on fire during a camping trip in the Arapaho National Forest by pouring gasoline on her and then lighting her on fire. He allegedly laughed while she screamed.

“It’s a horribly, serious, tragic case,” said Fifth Judicial District Attorney Bruce Brown. “This is a unique case but I hate to tell you that it’s not the first horrific, domestic assault that I’ve seen.”

Deputies rushed to the campsite on June 17 off County Road 140 in the Barbour Forks area in Clear Creek County.

When they arrived they found the victim, a woman, with third-degree burns on about 60 percent of her torso. She was found near the campsite with Vasquez and her two sons, ages 7 and 10. She was flown by helicopter to University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora and was last reported to be in critical condition.

Brown said the woman’s sons should be considered heroes for how they helped their mom put out the flames and called 911.

“She was screaming and the boys, heroes in this case, and they ended up calling 911,” said Brown.

One of her sons suffered second-degree burns while trying to help put out the flames.

Deputies found a gas can, beer bottles and a bottle of Fireball whisky at the campsite. The seven-gallon gas can was half full of gas and missing the pour spout.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation arson investigators responded to the scene.

Deputies interviewed the children and they were released into the custody of their father.

Vasquez remains in custody on $2 million bond. His previous record include a 2015 conviction for criminal mischief related to domestic violence.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/06/21/arvada-man-accused-of-setting-girlfriend-on-fire/

This fucking douchebag not only set her on fire, he did it in front of her children!!!

OK so I am thinking propane torch to his nuts first.
Then we start at his feet...just burn them to a crisp.
Next we work our way up the legs stopping at the knees.

Give him time to recover a lkittle then burn off his dominant arm.
Leave him one arm to wipe his own ass and feed himself.

Oh did I mention video it and continuous playback in his cell.
Yeah, thaty should just about do it.

r79bix.jpg

A woman who was set on fire in front of her children while camping last month has died.

An update on the GoFundMe pagefor Christina Archuleta-Blasier provided the update that she had passed away about a month after prosecutors say her boyfriend set her on fire.

“I’m sure a lot of you have already heard that our dearest daughter went to be with the Lord. What a heart wrenching time. I will miss her. Her poor boys. They took it so hard. It was so devastating to see their broken hearts,” the online update reads.

On June 17, Clear Creek County dispatched first responders to a campsite outside Idaho Springs in the Arapahoe National Forest on a call of a woman who was severely burned.

According to an arrest affidavit for her boyfriend, John Anthony Vasquez, 32, the couple had argued the night before. A boy who was camping with the couple allegedly saw Vasquez throw gasoline on his mother’s shoulder, light the gasoline with a blue lighter and laugh as her clothes ignited.

Vasquez is in custody in the Clear Creek county jail facing multiple charges. Heidi McCollum, assistant district attorney, said prosecutors will be add murder charges to the list. Vasquez is being held on $2 million bail.
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/21/woman-set-on-fire-dies/

My heart breaks for her boys, who saw this douchebag light her on fire, and tried to help her. They not only witnessed the attack, they tried to help, and they still lost their mom. So fucking sad.

http://kdvr.com/2016/06/21/man-accused-of-setting-girlfriend-on-fire-at-campsite/

An Arvada man is being held on $2 million bail after being accused of pouring gasoline on his girlfriend and setting her on fire with her two young children nearby at a Clear Creek County campsite, according to an arrest affidavit.

John Anthony Vasquez, 32, faces charges of attempted second-degree murder, first-degree assault and a violation of a protective order. The woman was flown to University Hospital in Aurora where she remains in critical condition. She suffered third-degree burns on about 60 percent of her body, mostly on her torso.

According to the affidavit, Vasquez, the woman and her two sons, 7 and 10, were on an unscheduled camping trip Friday at Barbour Forks south of Idaho Springs.

During interviews with investigators, one of the boys said Vasquez and his girlfriend got into a fight on Thursday, and that Vasquez "kicked her and she punched him in the face, splitting his lip," according to the affidavit.

One boy told investigators with the Clear Creek County Sheriff's Office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation that he was next to his mother when Vasquez spilled gas on her and lit a lighter.

The boy said he tried to put out the fire by pouring water on her. The second boy said he didn't see the incident but heard screaming and also tried to put out the fire.

One of the boys said "he saw John pour gas on his mom and light her on fire near one of her shoulders using a blue lighter, then John stood there and laughed,” according to the affidavit.

The boy told investigators he saw Vasquez kicking dirt onto the victim. One of the sons called 911 and said, “Johnny spilled gasoline on mom and lit a lighter.”

"The allegations are extraordinarily serious," Clear Creek County District Attorney Bruce Brown said. "Our thoughts are with the victim and her family as she recovers from her horrible injuries."

Judge Jonathan Shamis said in setting bond that "In (his) 30-year legal career, he had not seen such a serious allegation."

http://kdvr.com/2016/07/21/woman-allegedly-set-on-fire-by-boyfriend-at-campsite-dies/

Christina Archuleta, the woman who allegedly had gasoline poured on her then set on fire with her two young children nearby at a Clear Creek County campsite last month, died Wednesday night, according to a GoFundMe page that was set up on her behalf.

Burning to death has got to be the worst way to go. Sorry for the kiddos. :(

The Code of Hammurabi should have never been abandoned. Treat him as he treated the victim.

Last edited:
One boy told investigators with the Clear Creek County Sheriff's Office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation that he was next to his mother when Vasquez spilled gas on her and lit a lighter.

The boy said he tried to put out the fire by pouring water on her. The second boy said he didn't see the incident but heard screaming and also tried to put out the fire.

One of the boys said "he saw John pour gas on his mom and light her on fire near one of her shoulders using a blue lighter, then John stood there and laughed,” according to the affidavit.
My god. What a fucking beast.

This might sound callous, but she already had a protection order against him. What the fuck was she doing camping with him? That dick cost her her life smh

This might sound callous, but she already had a protection order against him. What the fuck was she doing camping with him? That dick cost her her life smh

I was about to assume(and of course correctly) that this wasn't the first incident of violence between the two. She was dumb as shit and it cost her her life, and unfortunately most of all it caused pain and hardship to her kids.

I was about to assume(and of course correctly) that this wasn't the first incident of violence between the two. She was dumb as shit and it cost her her life, and unfortunately most of all it caused pain and hardship to her kids.
Exactly. She cared more about him than her own safety and her kids. My kids father hit me once and it was in front of our kids. After I tried to kick his head thru my passenger side window and called the cops, we were thru. Haven't been with him since. I didn't want my kids to think that was acceptable behaviour

Exactly. She cared more about him than her own safety and her kids. My kids father hit me once and it was in front of our kids. After I tried to kick his head thru my passenger side window and called the cops, we were thru. Haven't been with him since. I didn't want my kids to think that was acceptable behaviour

More women need to put the children first like you did. I can not stand when a woman says he loves my kids he would never hurt them. Women need to realize it hurts your children when they see you abused.

More women need to put the children first like you did. I can not stand when a woman says he loves my kids he would never hurt them. Women need to realize it hurts your children when they see you abused.
Exactly. I can't take care of my kids if I don't take care of myself. Domestic violence ain't where it's at

Colorado man was sentenced to life in prison for dousing his girlfriend with gasoline and setting her on fire in front of her children at a campsite.

John Vasquez, of Arvada, left Christina Archuleta-Blasier with third-degree burns on more than 60 percent of her body after the June 2016 attack at a remote campsite in the Arapahoe National Forest in north-central Colorado, the Denver Post reports. The woman was flown by helicopter to a hospital in critical condition and died about a month later.

Two of her sons witnessed the gruesome attack and her then-6-year-old son suffered severe burns trying to save his mother from the flames as Vasquez laughed, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

In late April, Vasquez was found guilty of first-degree murder and other felonies in connection to the attack.

Prosecutors said Vasquez violated a court order prohibiting him from drinking alcohol, leading to an argument between him and Archuleta-Blasier, who was described in a news release by Fifth Judicial District Attorney Bruce Brown as a loving mother survived by three children and a “family that will always remember the joy she brought to this world.”

Vasquez initially claimed that the fire was accidental. But after reviewing evidence of him lying before being found guilty of an earlier domestic violence incident, the jury became convinced the campsite attack was intentional.

Vasquez’s actions were “senseless, sick, depraved and despicable,” Chief Judge Mark Thompson said.

In addition to the life sentence, Vasquez also received a consecutive prison term of 20 years for child abuse causing serious bodily injury and one year for criminal impersonation, authorities said.
LINK

. In addition to the life sentence, Vasquez also received a consecutive prison term of 20 years for child abuse causing serious bodily injury and one year for criminal impersonation, authorities said
I hope he gets his ass kick on a regular basis.

Back