• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ick-bentley-prison-murder-20160721-story.html

A man already serving time in prison for murder has been charged with the crime again after killing his cellmate, a rapist, for inappropriately touching him, officials said.

Sheddrick Bentley was scheduled Tuesday to be arraigned in Volusia County on Aug. 4 on a charge of second-degree murder in the death of Hans Christian Anderson, court records show.

Anderson, 58, died of ligature strangulation — a sock was found around his neck — and blunt force injury to his abdomen Feb. 17 at Tomoka Correctional Institution near Daytona Beach, according to a Florida Department of Law Enforcement charging affidavit.

Bentley asked corrections officers to put him in handcuffs Feb. 17, and when the officers asked why, the 38-year-old said, "I did it, he made me do it," according to the affidavit filed July 12. Officers found Anderson lying face down on the floor of the cell he shared with Bentley.

Bentley told investigators that Anderson was trying to "mess" with him, according to the affidavit.

"Did he physically touch you or was he talking to you to see if you wanted to?" Bentley was asked, according to the affidavit. Investigators said Bentley then shouted that Anderson had grabbed Bentley's genitals while Bentley was sleeping.

"He never done that (expletive) before. I snapped," Bentley told investigators. He also said he was unaware of why Anderson was incarcerated.

Anderson brutally beat and raped a teen in 1998 in the basement of a church in Pinellas County, according to records.

Farewell to bad rubbish!

From @cubby link
"Anderson, serving a 25-year sentence for raping a 13-year-old girl"
"Anderson brutally beat and raped a teen in 1998 in the basement of a church in Pinellas County, according to records."

Raped a 13 yo in the basement of a church?!? Good riddance bad rubbish is right. Thank you Mr. Bentley.

Hopefully the murderer successfully sues the state for failing to protect him from the sexual assault he endured.

If someone goes out and grabs a womans breast or finger her against her will, he/she will be charged with sexual assault. This man grabbed this murderers penis against his will and groped him, that should be treated the exact same. Shame on the folks running this institution for failing to protect those under their care.

Hans Christian Anderson

The reason I posted this was his name, like really what did his parents expect from a guy named Hans Christian Anderson? He's only second to Brothers Grimm in the fairy tale department.

Like my friend whose last name is McDonald, she swore if her first son had red hair, and it really was a possibility, she was gonna name him Ronald. I'm very glad to report he was not red haired.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The reason I posted this was his name, like really what did his parents expect from a guy named Hans Christian Anderson? He's only second to Brothers Grimm in the fairy tale department.

The story-teller's name is Andersen; but yes......

A little late posting but the asshole that killed the other asshole was the one who killed my sweet wonderful nephew, he deserves nothing!!! As far as I'm concerned he deserved to die too as he stabbed my nephew over 150 times because he wanted his truck to flee the city because he had just stolen a bunch of shit and pawned it. Do your homework before you post this praise of this piece of shit waste of human space.
[doublepost=1487820046,1487819967][/doublepost]
This, this ....

IS FUCKING GLORIOUS!

Give Bentley steak dinners for a month and a night wioth a hooker foir his service to mankind.
He deserves nothing!!!

He deserves nothing!!!
I read his case and what he did to your nephew and agree with you and feel he should have been forced to serve his sentences back to back not together, he is a pos and I am sorry for your family
http://archive.naplesnews.com/news/...prison-for-murder-ep-404801813-345607732.html
$

assholetruckjackermurderer

By Aisling Swift

It began as a night of partying, playing cards and watching movies between friends who hung out almost daily. But by the early hours of the next day, June 25, 2004, one teen was dead and a friend was charged with murder.

Friday, Sheddrick "Shed" Deon Bentley, 28, of East Naples, pleaded no contest to second-degree murder in the death of 18-year-old Cory Brightman, who had just graduated from Naples High School when his body was found riddled with 150 knife wounds in a Dumpster behind the Gulf Gate Plaza at U.S. 41 and Bayshore Drive.

Bentley's plea to murder and other related charges averted a week long trial that would have begun Monday.

Bentley, who had been paroled from state prison and had a lengthy record dating to 1993, was sentenced by Collier Circuit Judge Elizabeth Krier to 35 years in prison.

He'd faced a life-term, but Assistant State Attorney Deborah Schwartz and Deputy Public Defender Mike Orlando negotiated a plea that Brightman's family agreed to late Thursday to avoid a trial.

"If we had decided to go through with the trial and sat throughdays and days of descriptions and images no parent should ever have tohear, and Sheddrick was convicted with a life sentence, what would thatdo for us? It would not change anything," Brightman's mother, Lisa-Jo,said in a written statement after sentencing. "... Nothing in this worldwill ever bring back our son, so a sentence by trial is insignificant atthis point. This is as close to closure as our family will get."

After sentencing, she and her husband, Eric, hugged Schwartz andsheriff's Sgt. Brian Sawyer, who investigated the case. Eric wiped awaytears, too overcome to say anything.

Bentley, who wore an orange jail jumpsuit, said little duringthe brief proceeding as Brightman's parents, victim advocate BettyArdaya, and his best friend, Mark Gabel, sat just feet away. As he satat the defense table, Bentley put his head in his hands, at times wipingaway tears and appearing to pray as Schwartz read victim-impactstatements written by Brightman's mother and younger sister, Jessica.

Jessica Brightman, who was inseparable from her brother and bestfriend, said his death would "traumatize her soul forever."

"There are no words to describe the heartache my brother'smurder brought to me," said the statement by the University of Tampafreshman. " ... His loss truly threw my life upside down."

Brightman's mother called him the happiest person anyone couldever know, a son "only a mother could dream of having."

"I can't ever think about Cory's violent end," Schwartz said,reading a statement. "No mother can begin to accept it. ... You may havetaken his life, but his spirit and heart will live in everyone."

Bentley also pleaded no contest to the other related charges.

Krier sentenced him to 15 years in state prison as aprison-release re-offender for burglary of a dwelling, a carport hestole a bike from to elude deputies after the murder.

He was sentenced to time served, 2 1/2 years, for petty theftinvolving the bike, and five years for vehicle theft for stealingBrightman's Dodge pickup, which he'd purchased with money earned workingat Driftwood Garden Center.

The sentences will be served concurrently with each other - notadded up - and concurrently with a 10-year prison term he already isserving for stealing a Sony PlayStation, pawning it and providing thepawn shop with false information a week before the murder. Bentley'srecord includes convictions for robbery, cocaine possession, battery ona law enforcement officer, and felony battery.

Brightman's friend, Mark Gabel, said he was hanging out withBrightman that night, but left hours earlier, leaving five friends at acondo on 1363 Chesapeake Ave., where Bentley lived with his uncle,Albert Bentley, whom he considered his father. There had been noarguments, Gabel said, as they partied and played spades and watchedmovies.

Schwartz said no one will ever know what led to the murder.

"The defendant's statement insinuates it was over a girl," shesaid after sentencing.

Orlando, the public defender, said the argument involved one ofthe two girls partying with them that night from about 8 p.m. to 1 or1:30 a.m. The group of teenagers hung out daily, he said, and Brightmanhad known Bentley about a month. That girl had left before Brightman andBentley drove to see Bentley's girlfriend, at Wild Pines of NaplesApartments off Linwood Avenue. They never made it to her apartment.

Brightman was killed during an altercation in the parking lot atabout 1:30 p.m. that ended with him stealing Brightman's truck.

Arrest and court records paint this account:

Bentley drove the Dodge pickup to the 24-hour Wal-Mart at 3350U.S. 41 E. at about 3 a.m. His clothes were bloody, so he tracked bloodthrough the store, attracting attention. He tried to clean up in abathroom and then purchased clothes, BandAids and trash bags with abloody $100 bill.

Suspicious employees wrote down the truck's license and deputiestraced it to Brightman's father. It later was found at the Comfort Innat 1221 Fifth Ave. S. in Naples, the driver's seat, back seat andexterior spotted with blood.

Hours after leaving Wal-Mart, Bentley was spotted walking overthe Gordon River bridge. As a sheriff's deputy waited for backup,Bentley fled but soon was found riding a stolen bicycle at Naples LandYacht Harbor mobile home park.

After deputies read him his rights, Bentley, whose fingers werecut, admitted fighting with Brightman, killing him and throwing him inthe Dumpster. Investigators found Brightman's body wrapped in garbagebags and the murder weapon, a folding knife, in a bag. They also foundsome of Bentley's bloody clothes in some mangroves near the mobile homepark.

That day, a woman called the Sheriff's Office to report thatshe'd seen two people, one on top of the other, near a white pickuptruck in front of her Wild Pines apartment at about 1:30 a.m. When sheleft for work, there was puddle of blood there; deputies matched a shoeprint to Brightman's shoe.

Bentley, who has a tattoo on his arm that says "VICIOUS," gavedeputies two statements, one of which was videotaped and would have beenplayed at trial. Schwartz said the medical examiner would have testifiedthat 10 of the 150 knife wounds were potentially fatal, including woundsto the jugular vein and carotid arteries. They suspect the $100 billused at Wal-Mart was Brightman's, but weren't sure.

Albert Bentley's phone number has since been changed and hecouldn't be reached for comment. At the time of his son's arrest, hesaid Sheddrick Bentley had been trying to turn his life around afterbeing released from prison.

Scumbag or not, fact remains that the State failed to do their duty to protect someone in their care .They have a responsibility to these prisoners and as a result of their ineptitude, one was nearly sexually assaulted. Unacceptable.

Back