• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article86786182.html
[....]
Police Lt. Andrew Daughtery said the manager of Chuck E. Cheese’s on New Circle Road told police that a man came into the restaurant about 2 p.m. Wednesday to get a job application. The man later returned to the Chuck E. Cheese’s for a job interview about 4 p.m.

During the interview, the man announced that he wanted to rob Chuck E. Cheese’s and implied that he had a firearm, Daughtery said. The manager then said he didn’t have access to the restaurant’s safe and advised the man to leave. Daughtery could not confirm whether patrons were in the restaurant at the time.

Police are now searching for the robber, whose name has not been released.

It was the same restaurant that closed abruptly in March because staff was overwhelmed by the number of kids in the establishment, police said.

During the interview , when they say "we're going to call you" that means you didnt get the job. It's sugar coating. If you get the job, they will hire you during the interview. He probably got the impression that he didnt get the job, and robbed the store out of frustration perhaps.

No that's not true. I've had people tell both me, and people I know, that they had other applicants that they had to interview before making a decision.
[doublepost=1467408310,1467408250][/doublepost]They must have been desperate for employees if they interviewed the guy on the same day he picked up an application.

Yes "we got other applicants before decision" is also sugar coating. Thats what we used to reject employees that did not fit out criteria. lol if you were right for the job, why would we interview more employees? To compare the best of the best. We don't don't got time for that. You genuinely don't fit the criteria, or have a fault which we dislike .

Lol I've never not gotten the job I interviewed for.

Yes "we got other applicants before decision" is also sugar coating. Thats what we used to reject employees that did not fit out criteria. lol if you were right for the job, why would we interview more employees? To compare the best of the best. We don't don't got time for that. You genuinely don't fit the criteria, or have a fault which we dislike .
I had an interview and was told by the administrator he would call me, two days later I was meeting with the doctors who I now work for.

So you didn't get the job at Chucky Cheese .....

Bitter much?

I hired and fired folks at Dollar General and sometimes I told folks we would call and genuinely meant it. We had to pull a pool of applications and do at least a certain amount of interviewing before making a decision.

The decision could have been made first person I talked to, but I still had to go thru the motions of interviewing the rest. Sometimes I found someone else I thought would make a great candidate and hired them and then sent them to work at another store. Of course I did tell them that's what I was doing. Most folks didn't care where they worked, they just wanted to work.

Ok, hear me out, I think he was sarcastically responding to a stupid interview question. I've blown interviews like that. : "oh sure, I'd totally steal from a place I work at. I'm casing out this place right now!" Kinda thing.

I've said "no, I've totally been married, like, 8 times!" (I was 16)

For sex I write in "yes, please" and never even get a call back for an interview.

Just kidding, they always call me after that. :nana:

Nothing good ever happens at a Chuck E. Cheese.
There was likely no money in the safe anyways.
Who other than truly trashy people go there?
No one.

Back