• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

TheMorningStar

is a catcus
20160629__cct-soskinrob-0629-21_zpsddbaxaik.jpg

Betty Reid Soskin, who is the oldest park ranger in the national park system and leads tours at the Rosie the Riveter/ WW II Home Front National Historic Park, was attacked Monday night when a man broke into her home, police said. When she tried to grab her cellphone to call for help, the intruder wrestled it away before punching her several times, knocking her to the floor.

The man then dragged her from her bedroom and into the hallway, where he punched her again. Soskin was able to grab the attacker's groin in self-defense, then crawl away and lock herself in the bathroom.
When she came out, she saw that her iPhone, iPad, laptop and jewelry were missing. Also taken was the presidential coin Soskin received in December when she introduced President Obama at the White House Christmas tree lighting ceremony.

Soskin suffered several bruises in the attack but no concussions or broken bones. She was evaluated by paramedics but declined to be taken to the hospital.
http://www.eastbaytimes.com/richmon...cial&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1467266699

Last edited:
This woman is endowed with more testicular fortitude than the spineless cretins that currently make up the high command of the U.S. armed forces.

@Hermy you are absolutely correct, this list is from her wikipedia page

Now I feel like an asshat for having a minor temper tantrum trying to put my new bed together this morning... I made it to step three today. That's after waiting 2.5 weeks for a replacement toolkit because they sent me the wrong one and I couldn't get past step one. I bet Miss Betty would have forgone the tantrum and just redrilled the holes... :facepalm:

Her autobiography:
Screenshot_20220402_141741.jpg

Betty and her first husband started, owned and operated Reid's Records:

"Reid's Records was a historic black-owned record shop and East Bay institution that operated for almost 75 years in Berkeley, California. At the time it closed down in October 2019, it was the oldest record shop in California, and one of the oldest black-owned businesses of any kind in the San Francisco Bay Area"

"There was no telling who might drop by – a young Aretha Franklin, the Pointer Sisters, Whoopi Goldberg, Huey Newton and Bobbie Seale to get Marvin Gaye’s “What Going On?” album, Congressman Ron Dellums with his young protege Barbara Lee, Maya Angelou, the Staple Singers, Jimmy Mack and the Otown Passions."

Back