• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

TheMorningStar

is a catcus
The 17-year old Robbinsville High School student who fatally ran over this district’s beloved schools superintendent in April was talking on her cell phone at the time of the crash, prosecutors said Thursday.

The student, who is now 18 but is not being named by authorities because she was a juvenile at the time of the crash, has been charged with second-degree death by auto and leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident resulting in death.

She also was ticketed for reckless driving, improper use of a cell phone while driving and leaving the scene of an accident, the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office said.

Steve Mayer, 52, was struck while he was jogging with his dog about 6:16 a.m. April 19 on Robbinsville-Edinburg Road just north of the Pond Road intersection. There are no sidewalks on the road, which has a 45 mph speed limit.

Instead of stopping, the teen drove to a nearby school and called 911 and her father.

New Jersey 101.5 reported last month that the teen’s father was already at the school by the time authorities arrived. It was not clear whether the teen called 911 or her father first.

The young woman’s charges will be heard in Family Court in proceedings that will be closed to the public. No trial date has been set.
http://nj1015.com/robbinsville-teen-was-on-cell-phone-when-she-ran-over-superintendent-charges-say/

The student, who is now 18 but is not being named by authorities because she was a juvenile at the time of the crash,

in proceedings that will be closed to the public. No trial date has been set.

Bullshit...if you're old enough to drive, talk on your cell phone and kill people all at the

same time...you're old enough to have your name released to the public.
[doublepost=1467319615,1467319227][/doublepost]
the teen’s father was already at the school by the time authorities arrived.

Let me guess...Daddy showed up and immediately confiscated her phone...just kidding!

It was not clear whether the teen called 911 or her father first.

Well it doesn't say the teen immediately called 911 for a reason so it is actually pretty clear.

Last edited:
Sorry..not joking on this situation but it's bad enough she hit someone, left the scene and possibly called daddy first. But THEN finding out its the superintendent? Geez.

This will of course be going on her permanent school record.

Parents need to do a better job assessing what their kiuds are capable of doing well versus poorly.
She clearly should not be behind the wheel of a motor vehicle,
unless it is backing up over her instead.
Thinking the folks have dug her ass out of trouble before so likely won't learn a damned thing from taking someones life.

She has however managed to make every other kids life in town way easier though.
"Dad I know I am pregnant from someone on the football, soccer, baseball teams or the glee club,, but hey at least i didn't kill someone while driving and using a cell phone...
amiright?"

The real culprit in all of this is...jogging. I have absolutely no idea why these fools cannot simply purchase one of those running machine things...with the treadmill, or whatever it is called. There's a conveyor belt...and you stand upon it...and press some buttons...and it moves.

The real culprit in all of this is...jogging. I have absolutely no idea why these fools cannot simply purchase one of those running machine things...with the treadmill, or whatever it is called. There's a conveyor belt...and you stand upon it...and press some buttons...and it moves.

Or use the treadmill money to rent a piece of contruction equipment or some neighborhood kids who want a few bucks, and dig a hole. Fill hole with water, swimming is a vastly superior form of exercise than jogging, and has life saving potential.

She will almost certainly do time...as well as lose her license for some time. Leaving the scene of an injury accident. Using her cell phone. Delay in calling 911 may have cost the man his life. Calling daddy first...obviously cuz he was on the scene before the emergency personnel...puts me in mind of another entitled teen. I'm sure she was scared also. She made several poor choices that will follow her for the rest of her life.

Back