• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://abc7chicago.com/family/woman-arrested-for-whipping-great-granddaughter-with-switch/1408415/
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. --
An Arkansas woman was taken to jail for using a switch on her great-granddaughter, who she says was misbehaving.

Police say the girl has visible welts on her arm.

Norma Toussaint, 70, says she's not a bad person, but says she did pull a switch off her front hedges, stripped the leaves and used it to punish her 12-year-old great-granddaughter.

"I went back in the house and whooped her on her arm," Toussaint said.

Upset, the girl threatened to dial 911.
[....]
'You want to call the police on me?' And she said, 'Yes.' I said, 'Call them then,'" Toussaint said.

At least four Hot Springs police officers showed up to the home Monday morning, KARK-TV reports. According to an incident report, Toussaint and the girl both told police it stemmed from the 12-year-old not throwing away food and talking back.

"I said, 'You gonna give me some lip by what you're not going to do?' They do this to you; they think they can do anything with it and get away with it," Toussaint said.

KARK reports hundreds of people disagree with the decision to arrest the grandmother, commenting on the Facebook post about the arrest. The most-liked comments include one who said, "She has learned that she can be a brat and the grandmother or any adult can't punish her!"

Another wrote, "I had a switch used on me so many times when I was young that it kept the trees pruned in the yard." :hilarious:

Yet another wrote, "Reading this article just angers me. She disciplined her granddaughter. That's it. This world is backwards."

Toussant said an officer told her she should have done it on the girl's bottom, but she says she's not going to do it again.

"I don't think I want to go to jail again, but she got to learn some kind of authority, you know what I'm saying?" Toussaint said.

The great-grandmother is now facing a felony domestic battery charge. A no-contact order was also filed against her. She has more than two dozen great grandchildren, a number of whom she has helped raise. The girl is staying with another relative in the meantime.

That shit hurts like a mofo. My grandma hit me once with a switch from a coffee tree and I swear to God that shit still hurts today. That's some old school discipline that I could have done without.

I am oddly curious about how her teeth look.
I am thinking dried out rotting corn nuts on a bed of grey gummy flesh.

It is sad in a way that this woman was trying to teach the kid a life lesson.
Now the little bitch will be ten times worse.
We may have to break out the rabid dogs.

Wow! That's one mean looking...lady? When I was younger I remember my grandma making me pull a switch out of the yard. That's the whole mind fuck of the experience right there. Just looking around at the bushes and trees in the yard and wondering which one will work out the best. I didn't want to get a board but if I came back with a twig, that shit wouldn't fly. Well, my dumbass decided a weeping willow switch looked the least painful...wrong! Lol. I think that was the only time I ever got a spanking at grandma's house so I guess it worked. To this day, I still think picking the switch was worse than the spanking.

Somehow you have to learn actions have consequences, the more immediate, the better.

Hot springs Ak is a pretty nice place.

This is bullshit she was arrested. I would accept investigation by authorities to ensure there's no actual abuse, but a switchin for fuckin up is no big deal.

This shit is too much for me. Had I done this shit my entire family would be lined up to whoop my ass for this shit no questions was.
Little girl should have took her licks and went on. She know damn well whatever she did to deserve them licks her Madea wasn't being a bitch.
I grew up with women like this. You say yes ma'am no ma'am and you don't back talk unless you want to end up picking your own switch.

This shit is too much for me. Had I done this shit my entire family would be lined up to whoop my ass for this shit no questions was.
Little girl should have took her licks and went on. She know damn well whatever she did to deserve them licks her Madea wasn't being a bitch.
I grew up with women like this. You say yes ma'am no ma'am and you don't back talk unless you want to end up picking your own switch.

Exactly! Took the words right out my mouth. Picking your own switch was torture.

Arresting GGMA for a switch? Where they do that at? (I know, Hot Springs)

Times have certainly changed. I was blessed to never have gotten the switch from grandma. She may have just been tired as hell my the time I came along though.

I've seen others have to pick one though and if they pick the wrong one...ooooweee there's gonna be smoke in the city!!!

Had they called the police on Grandma, all I can say is slow singing and flower bringing.

I never got too many switchings from my grandmother but I've seen that face before, usually looking at my aunt, her youngest child. She was only 5 years older than me and a handful. She was an uh-oh baby. And a type 1 diabetic in 1960, so she got her own way......ALOT.

How did the family let this little girl get away with calling the police on big momma like that? It says that she helped raise some of her over 24 great grand children and they put her in jail.

No matter if she felt my grandmother was wrong, she should have whooped my whole, entire, bootylicious black ass if I did some mess like that.

That look isn't because she's mean, that's the face of a broken heart right there.

This just totally changed the power and control in that household. The child ranks now. Its so sad...this girls disrespect is going to continue because now she KNOWS she can control it. Terrible injustice to the great grandmother. I don't necessarily agree with switchin her on the arm...but come on...charging her is ridiculous. Glad the little brat isn't allowed near her great grandmother and she doesn't have to continue to be disrespected.

I'm guessing this girl was already acting out so bad that Grandma was having a hard time with her anyway. Usually a kid that age don't need a switching. Grandma finally lost it with her disrespect and took a switch to her. She ought to be congratulated for not just beating the tar out of her with a leather strap.

My mama had a one with holes cut in it, I'm telling you when she used it, it hurt, you really didn't keep it up for more. But back then, if you called the police, they helped your parents, not you.

Yeah, I gotta step dad that was just full of laughs like that, too.

Back