• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
A man shot and killed the mother of his grandchildren in front of horrified family members following a custody hearing involving the kids in rural Arizona, authorities said Wednesday.

Salomon Diaz is accused of opening fire Tuesday evening outside a courthouse in the town of Holbrook, also killing the woman's mother and injuring the children's aunt. The 47-year-old Snowflake man was booked on charges of second-degree murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Diaz had been taking care of his grandchildren for an extended time, authorities said. His son is the children's father. Authorities declined to describe the relationship between the suspect's son and the children's mother.

They have said the shooting stemmed from a dispute involving the custody hearing, but no other details on the hearing have been released. It wasn't immediately clear if Diaz had an attorney.

The children's mother, 25-year-old Ashley Utley, and their grandmother, 45-year-old Sherry Quintero-Davenport, were killed after encountering Diaz near the entrance of Navajo County Superior Court. The children's aunt was also injured and was recovering at a hospital.

Local and state law enforcement officers were at the scene in less than a minute, and Diaz was taken into custody.

Investigators spent the evening and much of the night at the scene.

Many of the victims' family members were present when the shooting happened, Navajo County Attorney Brad Carlyon said in a statement. The family and county employees were visibly shaken by what happened, he said.

The county planned to have counselors available to help.

"The sad part is tomorrow there will be another tragedy somewhere, and this senseless killing will be forgotten by most," Carlyon said. "But it won't be forgotten by those who suffered a loss tonight. And it won't be forgotten by the law enforcement officers investigating, nor by the people in my office who will be prosecuting this case."

The gunfire prompted authorities to briefly lock down the courthouse as officers swept the building to ensure the safety of the public and workers.

A check of Arizona court records showed Diaz was cited for various traffic violations over the years but didn't appear to have any arrests for violent crimes.

Investigators have not provided any details about the custody hearing or the dispute.
LINK

This sneauflayke from Snowflake really solved all his problems didn't he? The children he killed to possess definitely won't appreciate the death of their mother by their grandfather.

The coin always has two sides. He was raising her kids for a reason. Thats doesn't say anything good about her!!!
Do you know ths family or are you just pulling asdumptions right out of your ass.?

Edit to add
Well he's a murderer. Thsts says a lot about him.

Edit again
Asdumptions was supposed to be assumptions. But I think I really like asdumptions.
:mooning:

Last edited:
This man is a control freak and nothing that daughter in law could have done to change it was not marry into the family in the first place.
Crazy in laws are the worst and I feel for anyone who has them. Let your adult progeny make their own mistakes. It's not your job to wipe their asses constantly after they turn 18. Let them deal with their own personal issues as they see fit without your misguided advice and anger tainting how they see things.

Though as fucked up as it is, one thing is for sure the Father will now have custody of the children... I guess grandpa accomplished what he set out to do.

Though as fucked up as it is, one thing is for sure the Father will now have custody of the children... I guess grandpa accomplished what he set out to do.
False. If he did not have custody for whatever reason that reason doesn't just disappear. He'd have to prove he was a fit parent.

No he doesn't, it's keep families together at all cost, we've seen it over and over
Even the shitty states where biology is more important than the wellbeing of a child need some token effort to place kids with parents that lost them.

The Mother was a drug addict, was never home and wanted custody for child support. These kids were raised by their grandparents and father. What this man did was wrong, but in his desperation this was probably the only solution he found. Like the previous comments above, there is always two sides. @cbaby I can see you like to pull shit out of your ass without thinking them through. Apparently you're little miss perfect. Parenthood does NOT end when your child turns 18. Maybe it did for you which explains your stupidity and immature comments.

The Mother was a drug addict, was never home and wanted custody for child support. These kids were raised by their grandparents and father. What this man did was wrong, but in his desperation this was probably the only solution he found. Like the previous comments above, there is always two sides. @cbaby I can see you like to pull shit out of your ass without thinking them through. Apparently you're little miss perfect. Parenthood does NOT end when your child turns 18. Maybe it did for you which explains your stupidity and immature comments.
You realize cbaby didn't write this article, right? You wanna bitch, follow the link and bitch at the reporter.
What other side could we possibly need to know? A woman was MURDERED and the children will never get to know her.

First off imma need some receipts some proof some something before I just believe some faceless belligerent person on a computer screen about who this woman was.
Secondly I didn't say the job of parenting stopped at 18 I said you quit cleaning up their fucking messes. His son married this woman and had a child with her and not only that the only person mentioned having custody was the grandfather so...what's up with that? I'm guessing his son isn't that stable either. But no please by all means continue to bad mouth the dead mother who can't defend herself.
I'm sure this is all her fault and she deserved to slaughtered like an animal in front of her family for her indiscretions.

47 year old snowflake man... :rolleyes:
:mooning:

Colour me confused. So the paternal grandfather had custody of his sons kids. At a court hearing, he shot the mother of the kids he was caring for?

Grandfather is a killer. He is murderous scum. Yeah, maybe the Mother was a shit parent. For a mother to not get custody of her own kids generally shows she's very clearly incapable of caring for them and keeping them safe. Mother's tend to get the right of way when it comes to family court decisions.

But for whatever reasons behind her not having custody, that doesn't mean the Grandfather has the right to murder her. And the fact that they were at a new custody hearing indicates that the Mother may well have been able to start looking after her kids properly now. Ergo, whatever her past behaviours were, they weren't horrendous things like child sex abuse etc.

And now that he's in jail and the mother's dead and God only knows where the deadbeat Dad is at, these kids are going to be dumped into the foster care system. So way to go, Grandpa. Not only are you a murderer now, but you just consigned those kids to a shitty fucking childhood as a result.

For a mother to not get custody of her own kids generally shows she's very clearly incapable of caring for them and keeping them safe. Mother's tend to get the right of way when it comes to family court decisions.

This is patently untrue. It matters who has the money for a lawyer. Anyone who hasn't been through a custody battle personally shouldn't think they know jack shit.

This is patently untrue. It matters who has the money for a lawyer. Anyone who hasn't been through a custody battle personally shouldn't think they know jack shit.
Mothers do have a huge advantage in family court. Custody battles many times are just to inflict pain on an ex or just for money, unfortunately lawyers are involved again for money
Unfortunately many times the kids are just a by product of the process
[doublepost=1467349345,1467348742][/doublepost]
Had never thought of Obama as a snowflake before, what a perfict description of two cell

The coin always has two sides. He was raising her kids for a reason. Thats doesn't say anything good about her!!!
Yes there are 2 sides to the story. He was a protective grandfather. The boys father had a job that required to much out of him, so he was taking care of them in the mean time. As for Ashley she didn't deserve to die, but she sure as hell didn't deserve the boys. She was an unfit mother. Who cared more about herself, her drugs and her drinking. She was verbally and physically abusive to the boys who are only 3 and 2. They didn't deserve to die, but I know he would not want them in the hands of an evil person.

You realize cbaby didn't write this article, right? You wanna bitch, follow the link and bitch at the reporter.
What other side could we possibly need to know? A woman was MURDERED and the children will never get to know her.
The children never knew the mother. I am going to say that I personally know both parties. I know what Sal did was not right ashley and sherry didn't deserve to die. I will also say that it is all going to come out. The restraining order against ashley the court documents and police reports her criminal records will all come out. Bottom line she was a bad woman and a bad mother. Even though she was this type. She didn't need to die. Her and sherry.

Back