• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...ips-totals-car-after-slipping-on-snail-slime/

I never knew this was even a possibility! Poor person is driving along in a "an old East German Trabant" when a "a slimy trail left by a procession of snails that were making their way across the highway" causes them to lose control of their vehicle and flip over. The car is totalled, but the driver is unharmed, so this is a rare happy-ending weird accident story. :p

That must've been a shit-ton of friggin snails, man. o_O You'd think that the driver would've seen that many snails, right? It's not like they raced across the road. Oh man, if this is a regular occurrence, I hope someone has a picture of this... Gang? Tribe? Flock? Of snails!

That must've been a shit-ton of friggin snails, man. o_O You'd think that the driver would've seen that many snails, right? It's not like they raced across the road. Oh man, if this is a regular occurrence, I hope someone has a picture of this... Gang? Tribe? Flock? Of snails!

I know, right. Pics or it didn't happen!

I'll see your snail slime and raise you mayflies....
zpdxgwayebc2wpqmcvxc_zpsvbtcaj2c.jpg

The Havana, Illinois police department says be careful on the bridge; it’s covered in bugs. As in– six inches deep with mud made of insect.

Police say the bugslop made of mayflies has bogged cars and crashed motorcycles.

I’ve ridden through some nasty mud holes, but man, I don’t know if I’d go hard-charging into this biblical bug invasion.
“Please use caution when driving across the bridge today. Last night there was an invasion of Mayflies that has caused the bridge to be very dangerous. At one point they had piled 6 inches high and when ran over, became very slick. There were already motorcycle accidents due to this and cars stuck in the center of the bridge. Again use Caution.” [sic]
http://jalopnik.com/illinois-bridge-belongs-to-the-bugs-now-1782680000

Back