• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.local10.com/pets/cats-turn-on-faucet-at-florida-humane-society-flooding-shelter

Some cats at the Florida Humane Society in Pompano Beach had to be taken out of the facility last week because of flooding.

Florida Humane Society President Carol Ebert said she got a call about 7:15 a.m. Thursday that there was water running out the back door of her shelter.

At first, staff at the animal shelter thought it was a burst pipe.

"The countertops are ruined, the walls are ruined," Ebert said. "We had lots of damage with food and storage we had in the hallway, (including) cat litter."

The water came from a faucet in a cat room at the animal shelter off North Powerline Road.

It's unclear which cat or cats are responsible, but crews said the incident caused thousands of dollars' worth of damage because many walls and cabinets need to be torn down because of mold.

Ebert said the cats were safely up in their beds for about 17 hours, avoiding the water running below them before someone came in.

Ebert said many cats had to be moved out of the shelter for the time being.

The shelter has to come up with at least $5,000 to restore the cabinets and walls. It is also in need of litter and food that was destroyed, as well as foster families because more cats will have to be moved during renovations.

Anyone who wishes to donate supplies or foster a cat is asked to visit floridahumanesociety.org.

Huh. o_O

I don't know about this. Since when does any Humane Society or animal shelter, etc. not secure the animals when everyone goes home for the night?

Sounds like they're looking for a scapecat here to cover up someone's fuck up.

Huh. o_O

I don't know about this. Since when does any Humane Society or animal shelter, etc. not secure the animals when everyone goes home for the night?

Our town has one of these "free range cat" houses. lol they are never caged and they have a catwalk about 10 feet up to avoid the little grabbing kiddie hands that come and look for a new pet.

Huh. o_O

I've been there. The cat did them a favor
Hmmmm.
I wonder what happened to the 18+ million dollars my moms friend gifted to the American humane society in her will 2 years ago. Surely they could dip into that fund.

(The humane society is nothing but a bunch of crooks. They play on sympathy to get donations. They toot their horn that they are a no kill shelter but will never accepts that when they transfer animals from their shelter to another shelter specifically to he euthanized then the blood is on their hands ss well. Many animals I put down were owner relinquished, a large donation left by The owner to help cover the cost of feeding the animal while it awaits a new home
And in hours or the next day it was sent to my shelter for euthanasia.
Despicable. I personally wouldn't give the humsne society a dime.)

Last edited:
Back