• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.itv.com/news/channel/201...o-animal-shelter-turns-out-to-be-hand-puppet/
A man took what he thought was a dead cat to Guernsey's animal shelter on Monday evening, but on closer inspection it turned out to be a muddy, wet hand puppet.

The finder was 'very upset' when he arrived at the GSPCA and was greeted by the shelter's manager Steve Byrne.

Steve looked at the toy and at first thought it was a 'very muddy, wet, insect covered, cold, collapsed small dog with an injured nose'.

After a full check over, which didn't reveal any identification, the man was informed it was in fact a cuddly dog hand puppet.
[....]
pair were soon rolling round with laughter and the GSPCA can now say the hand puppet has been washed and takes pride of place in Steve's office.

The shelter say they're often called about what people think are animals, which end up being something very different...

Here are some highlights:

• A call to a sick seal on a beach was in fact a duvet
  • A stray pug was called in which was actually a frog
  • An injured bird was a blonde wig
  • A hedgehog rescue turned out to be a pine cone
  • A dead gull hanging from a fence was a carrier bag
  • An injured crow was a black bag
  • A turtle on Vazon which was seemingly unbelievable...turned out to be Olivia the turtle, you can donate to her here.
stream_img_zpscxvawt1w.jpg

I can totally appreciate this story.

I have been sent on calls that turned out to be a something different.

2 calls come to mind.
1) I was sent to get a largr iguana out of a tree. Turned out to be a large plastic t-rex.
2) reported dead bear cub.
Turned out to be a fake fur coat.

A stray pug was called in which was actually a frog

I know pugs are small but they are not green. And really they are not that small, unless you're talking Australian frogs then I'm sure it could have been mistaken for a pug.:D

I have a question. Why would anyone take a dead animal to a shelter? Kind of too late at that point. We simply call animal control and have them pick it up.

I have a question. Why would anyone take a dead animal to a shelter? Kind of too late at that point. We simply call animal control and have them pick it up.

Probably to be disposed of properly or if he thought it has a disease that could be of concern to people in the area.

These are the types of things I've seen on shrooms :YOW: I scream ... jump up onto the kitchen table ... wake up the whole house :bag: all for a matchbook pretending to be a mouse :shifty: trying to make me look crazy :shifty: trader fucking matchbook :finger:

.... I love this story :woot:<3<3<3

Back