• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://abc11.com/news/cops-philadelphia-woman-killed-by-husband-with-crossbow/1403338/

911 calls came into police Sunday night just before 9:30 p.m. from a home in the 3100 block of Willits Road.

Police say Kuzan shot Nightlinger with a hunting crossbow. The arrow went through her torso and the couch she was sitting on and hit the wall.

Investigators say Nightlinger managed to run next door for help. She died a short time later at the hospital.

On Monday morning, crime scene cleaners cleared the bloody scene that spilled onto the lawn and driveway.

"I heard the police asking what happened, and he said nothing," said neighbor Kareem Adam. "Then when they see he had the crossbow and the woman was dead...."

The couple's other next door neighbors heard the chaos and called 911.

Police say the suspect appeared incoherent.

Neighbors and business owners at the strip mall across the street tell Action News in recent weeks the suspect displayed bizarre behavior.

"He was completely exposed," said Sean Thompson. "A woman we thought was his sister - now we know, wife - came out with a robe and said he didn't take his medication."

But Patricia Tryon has a different impression. She says Kuzan and Nightlinger went out of their way to check on her and her husband.

"I heard the news this morning, and I was hysterical," said Tryon. "To us he was a wonderful man."

Neighbors we spoke to say the victim was always kind.

The couple had children from previous relationships, but none of them were home at the time.

Her husband, identified by family as 41-year-old Paul Kuzan, is in custody. Investigators don't believe the killing was an accident.

At least it went all the way through her, I suppose. Hunting blades are really nasty.

Obviously fatal either way... but at least she didn't spend her last breaths pinned to the couch and unable to flee her attacker. :(

Newlyweds! :eek:

Police tell Action News he has given a full confession to murdering his wife with the crossbow. The couple had been married for just nine days.
[...]
"I just heard banging on the door and my son screaming and someone saying 'help,'" neighbor Margie Maldonado said.

Maldonado says Nightlinger came stumbling through her front door, bleeding heavily from a wound to her chest.

"She was on the floor, gasping for air and it was terrible, blood pool all over the place," Maldonado said.

She died a short time later at the hospital.
http://6abc.com/news/woman-killed-in-ne-philly-crossbow-attack-identified/1402600/

Not on the top ten list of preferable ways to go that's for sure! :jawdrop:
Maybe for me, but only if it was a crossbow-armed sniper. I don't want no amateur doing it and killing me slowly.

Fuck. That would have been a nasty death, the poor woman.

At least it wasn't a gun this time. But the whole 'he's off his meds' business - I mean, come on. He clearly needed inpatient care. Why do we expect people who are filled to the brim with crazy, to be accountable for taking medication and following through with treatment to stop them being so full of crazy?

We don't have anywhere to put these people now. They just clog up jails - the worst place for them, and temporarily clog up the psychiatric wards in hospitals. We need Sanitariums back. And we need to be able to put people like this lunatic, in them, for indefinite care.

We can't cure his crazy. We can stall it and dampen it down, but we do that by expecting him to be responsible for his meds and treatment. And people die, like this poor woman and like that poor man in the UK who was done in by a schizophrenic who was off his meds, wandering around with a fucking carving fork for Pete's sake.

They're not in their right minds. So we have to take care of their medication and treatment for them. For the rest of their lives. And if that means a nice little sanitarium somewhere, then so be it.

This woman did not deserve to get skewered by a damn crossbow bolt. It wouldn't have happened if crazy pants was restricted in his freedom and on the right meds and treatment. And sorry, but locking him away indefinitely means society as a whole is safe. The needs of the many, outweigh this guy's sheer inability to take care of himself.

Fuck. That would have been a nasty death, the poor woman.

At least it wasn't a gun this time. But the whole 'he's off his meds' business - I mean, come on. He clearly needed inpatient care. Why do we expect people who are filled to the brim with crazy, to be accountable for taking medication and following through with treatment to stop them being so full of crazy?

We don't have anywhere to put these people now. They just clog up jails - the worst place for them, and temporarily clog up the psychiatric wards in hospitals. We need Sanitariums back. And we need to be able to put people like this lunatic, in them, for indefinite care.

We can't cure his crazy. We can stall it and dampen it down, but we do that by expecting him to be responsible for his meds and treatment. And people die, like this poor woman and like that poor man in the UK who was done in by a schizophrenic who was off his meds, wandering around with a fucking carving fork for Pete's sake.

They're not in their right minds. So we have to take care of their medication and treatment for them. For the rest of their lives. And if that means a nice little sanitarium somewhere, then so be it.

This woman did not deserve to get skewered by a damn crossbow bolt. It wouldn't have happened if crazy pants was restricted in his freedom and on the right meds and treatment. And sorry, but locking him away indefinitely means society as a whole is safe. The needs of the many, outweigh this guy's sheer inability to take care of himself.
He was on meth
He relapsed because he lost custody of his kids! It's sad all around! Rest in peace to his beautiful wife

@cubby
MAY 11, 2017

Paul Kuzan admitted to killing his new wife with a crossbow and was sentenced to 20 to 45 years in prison for the murder, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

Kuzan's teenage daughter told the judge that she would be happy to never see him again as part of her victim impact statement.

“I want to erase him from my head,” she said. “I hate him. I hate what he did.”

Others close to the victim described Kuzan as a religious fanatic; he told police that he killed his wife with a crossbow because he believed she was literally Satan.

“I thought she was Satan. I took her life. I guess I am a cold-blooded murderer, but I would not turn my back on the Lord,” Kuzan told police as part of his confession, which was played at the trial. “I thought she was the devil. I’m dead serious. When I walked outside, I thought the apocalypse was about to start.”

He also used to tell his daughter that he was God, his ex-wife’s father told the Inquirer.

Kuzan and his wife, Pamela Nightlinger, had been married just nine days before the murder.
https://www.oxygen.com/blogs/newlywed-pleads-guilty-to-killing-wife-of-9-days-with-a-crossbow

Why on Earth did she marry someone so crazy? It's one thing to marry someone normal and later they go crazy, but this guy was crazy when they tied the knot.

1534671963879.jpeg

Crazy-eyed Paul and "Satan"

“She was sitting in a chair, the (arrow) (bolt) actually went through her body, through the chair, and got stuck into the wall,” [Philadelphia Police Captain James Clark] told Philly.com. “It was a very high-velocity bow.”

https://heavy.com/news/2016/06/paul...hiladelphia-facebook-married-photos-pictures/
No shit Sherlock, even the cheap crossbows have a drawn weight of 150 lbs and the pricier ones are double that. To give comparison, some states only require regular bows to be at least 30 lbs drawn weight to hunt deer.

Any reason for the pathetically light sentence? Im quite confused on this one. Fucking bizarre. Ill never understand why the justice system refuses to protect society from shit like this. Why not put someone like this in a cage forever? Absolutely no excuse not to, none.

Why on Earth did she marry someone so crazy? It's one thing to marry someone normal and later they go crazy, but this guy was crazy when they tied the knot.

I was going to post something similar

No way in hell this was the first incident. THere had to of been warning signs, odd crazy ass behavior, wouldnt be surprised if he had been violent before.

A poster from 2016 up above mentioned that he had lost his kids and was on meth. If either is true, it's all the more suspect that she would have gotten with him at all. No one who loses custody of their kids is worth a damn, no one who does drugs is either. It seems like it should have been more tahn obvious that he was total fucking scum and very dangerous.

Back