• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...5-year-old-son-fatally-shoots-little-brother/

A 5-year-old New Jersey boy fatally shot his 4-year-old brother in the head while playing with his mother’s gun.

Authorities said the shooting, which investigators deemed accidental, occurred at the children’s home in East Orange, N.J., around 11 a.m. Saturday, according to the Jersey Journal.

The child was rushed to University Hospital in Newark, where he underwent emergency surgery and was later pronounced dead, the paper reported.

Some media outlets reported the older child’s age as 6.

Police arrested the children’s mother — identified as 22-year-old Itiyanah Spruill — and charged her with endangering the welfare of a child and a weapons violation related to the death, according to NJ.com.

Spruill is being held in jail on a $310,000 bail while she awaits arraignment.

Although authorities haven’t said how the child got a hold of the weapon, a spokesman for the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office confirmed that the gun belonged to the boy’s mother,according to CW affiliate WPIX.

According to NJ1015.com:

“Spruill already has a record of being charged in 2014 with unlawful possession of a handgun, possession of a firearm for an unlawful purpose and aggravated assault, jail records show. It was not immediately clear Saturday how that case was adjudicated in court.”

“And earlier this month she spent four days in jail in Newark on charges of promoting prostitution. It was not clear the status of those charges.”

“Spruill has a neck tattoo that reads: ‘Never Stand Down!'”

Community activists told the station that Spruill did not have custody of the boys and that they lived with their grandmother. The station reported that she had been living in the home where the shooting occurred for only 10 days and was scheduled to move into another apartment soon.

The station also reported that Spruill was enrolled in a mental-health program and was completing her GED.

WOW what a winner.:asshat: I don't think there was ever a chance this bitch was going to raise all of her children to adulthood. They had no chance. Hopefully one of them does now.

My first gut thought with the weapons charges and such was "this woman lives in terrible fear"
Then I got to the part about the tattoo and thought " here is a bitch looking to cause shit her entire life"

Stadard procedure here...
burn her uterus out with a blow torch and keep the survivor away from her forever.
I momma bang bang is found in possession of a firearm again,
empty it into her.

October 3, 2016

The mother of a 5-year-old boy who fatally shot his younger brother will be out of jail in about a month.

Itiyanah Spruill, now 23, was sentenced on Sept. 28 by Judge Ronald Wigler to 365 days in jail in connection with the shooting death of her 4-year-old son Christopher Lassiter, a spokeswoman for the Essex County Prosecutor's Office said Monday.

Since Spruill has been in jail since the June incident, she will be eligible for release in about a month, spokeswoman Katherine Carter said.

Spruill, who pleaded guilty in August to two counts of second degree endangering the welfare of a child, was also sentenced to 250 hours of community service and five years of probation, Carter said.

Spruill was arrested soon after her older son shot and killed his brother inside their East Orange home. Authorities have said the boy was playing with his mother's gun when he accidentally shot his brother in the head.

Spruill was granted a special viewing at the boy's funeral.
https://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/10/mom_of_5-year-old_who_killed_brother_gets_365_days.html
1545711872709.png

Itiyanah ? I googled that word to see if it was an unusual yet traditional name from some obscure country.... Nope, no results except for this woman. Maybe her mother meant to name her Tijuana but couldn't spell.

I wonder if it was registered gun and if she had a permit to carry it.

Her sentence was way to lenient.

Back