• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A six-year-old girl who died from "catastrophic head injuries" was repeatedly absent from school in the months before her death, the Old Bailey has heard.

Ellie Butler's father Ben, 36, denies murdering her in October 2013 by inflicting the injuries.

He and his partner Jennie Gray, 36, are also charged with child cruelty.

The court heard Avenue Primary School in Sutton was unable to get medical notes for Ellie's absences.

Administration assistant Kelly Vennard said Ellie's mother Ms Gray became "angry and aggressive" when the school contacted her and demanded to know if other parents were treated the same way.

When GP Dr Hazel De-Bono saw Ellie with her father on June 23, she noticed a bruise in the centre of her forehead, a minor graze and bruising across the bridge of her nose, the court heard.

In a statement, she said Mr Butler told her his daughter had tripped and fallen on the stairs at home, knocking her glasses into her face.

Ellie's class teacher Ashlea Richards told jurors how the girl came to school with an eye injury on October 14.

"I asked Ellie how she hurt her eye. She told me she was chasing her new dog around the house and had fallen into the stairs," she said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36226258

A man accused of battering his six-year-old daughter to death in a fit of rage stormed out of the dock at his trial after accusing a pathologist of cremating her "behind our back".

Ben Butler, 36, began shouting as pathologist Dr Andreas Marnerides gave evidence at the Old Bailey.

Mr Butler denies murdering Ellie Butler in October 2013 at their home in Sutton, south west London.

[...]

The outburst started when prosecutor Ed Brown QC asked Dr Marnerides if Ellie's cremation was carried out in consultation with Mr Butler's solicitors.

Mr Butler shouted: "How dare you? You took samples and cremated her behind our back. You hid evidence. You hid evidence."

Ms Gray has previously admitted perverting the course of justice over an alleged cover-up in the wake of Ellie's death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36246501

Last edited:
I'd say it seems a little bizarre, given his rant about evidence in court - maybe he was able to prove somehow that the injuries weren't from him or his partner?

But the partner being charged with perverting - you would think that if you were innocent of any wrongdoing that you wouldn't tamper with the damn evidence?

Then again, some parents just lose their head in a crisis. Look at poor Jon Benet Ramsey. Now there's apparently evidence it could have been an electrician hired by the family, yet half the reason why the parents looked so suss to begin with was their bizarre behaviours and tampering with the evidence.

Poor little sweetheart. I hope she is at peace now.

Abusive messages between a man accused of beating his six-year-old daughter to death in a fit of rage and his partner have been read to a court.

According to the texts, Ben Butler's partner Jennie Gray was kicked out of their home after having an abortion.

Mr Butler had allegedly said it was "irresponsible and shocking" that she was pregnant.

On 16 January, Mr Butler expressed his "disgust" that Miss Gray was pregnant, and told her he had "had enough of ur weight and looks and the trouble you bring (sic)".

Days later, she complained at his lack of support and he responded with abusive language, adding: "Don't text me going to explode."

In March the messages suggested he had attacked Miss Gray, locking her out of their home while she was bleeding badly from an abortion, the Old Bailey heard.

The next day, as she was going to hospital, he pleaded for her to to talk to him but added it was "partly your fault".

However, in the wake of Ellie's death, Ms Gray, also 36, dismissed the texts, telling police they were "not nice" but it was "how he articulates himself".

In a prepared statement she said: "I have not suffered violence from Ben Butler and am certainly not afraid of him, do not feel threatened or controlled by him."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36260318

A father accused of beating to death his daughter in a fit of rage has admitted getting into fights to "improve his mood", a court has heard.

Ben Butler met a psychologist in 2004 after assaulting a man in a nightclub.

Dr Tim Green wrote Mr Butler found it "difficult to control his violence when he felt humiliated" and "historically would become angry and punch people".

Prosecutor Ed Brown QC read sections of the report in which Dr Green noted Mr Butler was "co-operative" and answered questions "frankly".

Dr Green wrote: "He stated that he had in the past hoped that situations might present themselves where he could engage in violence.

"He believed that violence could help him improve his mood when he was upset. Historically he would become angry and punch people.

"He was adamant he had never hit anybody without a reason. He also said at times he would find it difficult to control his violence when he felt humiliated or was made fun of."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36268662

A stay-at-home dad labelled the six-year-old daughter he allegedly murdered a 'c***' just months before her death, a court has heard.

[...]

The court was read a string of texts Gray and Butler sent one another between 16 January and 22 March 2013.

In one, Butler wrote: 'I want u to start being alot tougher... Shes being an abs c*** I want to knw y she pissed herself in front of dad and sat there sulking the whole f***ing time.'

The court also heard how Butler sent a string of abusive texts to Gray when he found out she was pregnant again.

Gray said she had sought counselling following an abortion in 2013

On 16 March of that year, Gray said in a text: 'I am bleeding and ignoring it and pain all for U, pretending u didn't make me kill baby U didn't want.'
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-accused-battering-daughter-death-7938977

“He harboured resentment against Gray and Ellie for domestic responsibilities he faced.”

Mr Brown said the dad was constantly “on the edge of a violent loss of temper”. The QC added: “He controlled Gray. And she prioritised her relationship with Butler above Ellie.”

She is said to have simpered in a text: “I want U more than anything I ever wanted, even my kids.”

In 2009 Butler got 18 months’ jail for an alleged 2007 attack on six-week-old Ellie that caused severe head injuries. She was taken into care.

After his GBH and cruelty convictions were axed in 2010, he and graphic designer Gray, 36, began a legal battle to get her back. They went on ITV’s This Morning in October 2012 to highlight their fight and won custody the next month.

But Butler’s loathing of his domestic duties was laid bare as he texted Gray calling another child in the house a “c***”, the trial was told. He also texted Gray “Take Ellie walk streets, u aint coming here” and “I’ll maim u, bitch,” jurors heard.

In 2013, he allegedly attacked Ellie at home in Sutton, South London. Mr Brown claimed that in the cover-up, he took their dog for a walk and talked to neighbours to keep up appearances.

But he also dumped evidence, washed his partner’s bloodied shirt and binned pages from her diary detailing his violence towards her, it was claimed.

The pair overturned a stool in her room and told paramedics Ellie fell, it was said. A 999 team found her on her back, with her feet, face and hands turned blue.

The QC said: “They acted out lines so their stories would match.” Ellie had bruises on her shoulder, the bottom of her spine, thigh, buttock and jaw consistent with finger marks, it was said.

Tests showed she also suffered a broken shoulder up to five weeks earlier but got no medical help. Butler denies murder and both deny cruelty. Gray admits perverting justice.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...his-wife-to-help-him-try-and-cover-it-up.html

Last edited:
A father accused of murdering his six-year-old daughter was "completely devoted" to her and had never been violent, her mother told a jury.

"He was completely devoted, completely in love with the fact that he was a dad," Mr Butler's partner, Jennie Gray, told the Old Bailey.

"All you're hearing is some horror story like our house was some house of horrors. And that is just not true."

The court has been shown hundreds of text messages between Mr Butler and Ms Gray in which he is abusive and uses violent language.

Ms Gray, also 36, said the texts came across as "harsher than they were" and that his "bark is definitely worse than his bite".

She told jurors he used to threaten her but they were empty threats.

"He would say I'll maim you, I'll get you, and I would sit there in my room and say 'yeah of course you will treacle'."

She added: "I'm not afraid of Ben Butler. He does not scare me. I never felt like that. We were both very, very bad to each other. But I didn't feel threatened."

She said he was an "amazing" parent and their behaviour was "very happy, very united" in front of Ellie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36357835

I really hate bullies . I especially hate bullies who have adult sized temper tantrums and torture children with their sadistic ways. I am desperately hoping this evil little prick does not get away with this and as for that woman - she's truly pathetic and contributed to that poor abused little girls abuse and death .

Ellie suffered so much and was such a sweetheart . I am praying some one bigger and stronger than her father smashes his face in whilst he is imprisoned like he did to her on a daily basis . He needs taking down with the only language he understands .

All that woman's back tracking and ' we were a happy little family ' lies need to be taken with a giant handful let alone a pinch of salt . She's lower than low and needs to stfu and die , along with her child battering partner .

The mother of a six-year-old girl who was allegedly murdered by her father has denied being a "skilful and prolific liar".

Prosecutor Ben Fitzgerald said the accused put on a "quite remarkable performance" in interview with police.

Describing the day Ellie died, Ms Gray said she was called home from work in the City by Mr Butler. She denied he said anything to her on the phone about Ellie being ill.

She said she went to the bathroom before going downstairs where she saw Mr Butler on the floor shaking. He then said to her: "I think Ellie's dead," she told jurors.

"I just went upstairs. I went into Ellie's room. I saw Ellie on the floor and she was just lying there, and I looked at her eyes - her pupils were big. I've never seen that before in my life.

"She was just so still and I could not think, my whole body froze. I got down near her. I tried to breathe air in her mouth. I heard a noise in her stomach and I saw her tummy come up and then this smell - a terrible smell.

"I knew she was gone, she was gone already."

[...]

After discovering Ellie when she arrived home, it was 45 minutes before they called 999 - two hours allegedly after Ellie died. In that time, the prosecution say they tried to cover up what happened.

"I was terrified they would think Ben did it. I thought they're going to blame him again," she said.

In 2007 Ben Butler was jailed for 19 months for violently shaking Ellie as a baby. He was later cleared and freed before the family were reunited in 2011 following a High Court battle.

Mr Fitzgerald said in an interview with the police Ms Gray had revealed herself to be a "skilful and prolific liar" to which she replied: "I don't agree."

The jury were played an extract from the interview in which Ms Gray said she remembered hearing Ellie playing in her room after she got home.

She said the reason for the lie was to protect "an innocent man".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36369658

ok first up...
Hannah is smokin' hot!
Now with that out of the way let's move forward.

This guy is a lowlife dirtbag.
Sounds though liked he is kind of skating on punishment though.
Bloody injustice.

What a stupid woman.

If you can't commit to marriage or a man...how can you commit to a baby.

Or otherwise if you don't want to be with the man that got you pregnant,

then why keep a child that will keep you tethered to him for the rest of your and that child's

life.

Women are so fucking dumb...childish sometimes. There is fucking song...we've known it since

we were children...first come loves...then comes marriage.

then comes baby in a baby carriage. women fuck themselves when they try

to do it back wards...yes they do.

A secret ruling about the case of a man convicted of murdering his six-year-old daughter, 11 months after she returned to his care, is to be published.

Ben Butler, 36, was given a minimum 23-year jail term for inflicting catastrophic head injuries upon Ellie in the family's Sutton home in 2013.

The Court of Appeal ordered the 2014 judgement should be made public following a court challenge.

It was also revealed Butler has appealed against his conviction.

Next week, a coroner will decide whether to resume the inquest into Ellie's death.

Her grandfather, Neal Gray, who she lived with for several years before being returned to her parents, has called for a public inquiry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36865839

A convicted child murderer is appealing a decision to refuse him legal aid to be represented at the inquest into his six-year-old daughter's death.

Ellie Butler was battered to death by her father Ben Butler, 38, in an explosive fit of rage at their home in Sutton, South London, in October 2013.

Butler was jailed for life with a minimum term of 23 years at the Old Bailey in June last year. His partner and Ellie's mother Jennie Gray, 38, admitted helping him to cover up the murder.

Former car salesman Butler resented looking after Ellie while graphic designer Gray was at work, with whom he had a 'toxic' and controlling relationship.

He had previously been convicted of assaulting Ellie when she aged just seven weeks in 2007, after she suffered serious head injuries and was taken into care.

But his conviction was quashed in June 2010 and, following a High Court custody battle, Ellie returned to live with her parents in November 2012 - just 11 months before her death.

Butler was also convicted of a child cruelty offence, relating to a broken scapula Ellie had suffered in the weeks before her death, for which Gray was also found guilty.

Gray admitted perverting the course of justice, and was jailed for 42 months.

A two-week inquest will take place at Croydon Coroner's Court next March, which will look into whether the authorities failed Ellie.

A pre-inquest review today heard that the scope and whether there will be a jury are yet to be decided. Butler and Gray appeared via video link from prison.

They occasionally interrupted the hearing, complaining they did not understand or had not received the papers, with Butler saying: 'I don't know what's going on.'

Lawyers for Neal Gray, Ellie's grandfather, argued there needed to be a jury inquest.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5183717/Child-killer-wants-legal-aid-daughters-inquest.html
475A4BE400000578-0-image-m-125_1513352128393.jpg

Well, I can see this being overturned in the Crown Court on the grounds he didn't like his pony.

A man in jail for murdering his six-year-old daughter has claimed he is innocent at an inquest into her death.

Ben Butler was convicted of battering Ellie Butler to death by an Old Bailey jury in 2016.

But he repeatedly denied killing Ellie - or abusing her in any way - while giving evidence to the inquest at South London Coroner's Court on Thursday.

He said: "I don't accept I caused harm to Ellie and will fight in a different court to prove it."

He did admit being verbally abusive to Ellie's mother, Jennie Gray, after texts were read to the inquest.

"I realise the texts were horrendous, the things I had said. For me it was saying bad things in the heat of the moment but I'm pretty ashamed of myself," he said.

"But to say [if] you're being abusive to your partner [then] you must be abusive to your children, that's two different things."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43502988

What a stupid woman.

If you can't commit to marriage or a man...how can you commit to a baby.

Or otherwise if you don't want to be with the man that got you pregnant,

then why keep a child that will keep you tethered to him for the rest of your and that child's

life.

Women are so fucking dumb...childish sometimes. There is fucking song...we've known it since

we were children...first come loves...then comes marriage.

then comes baby in a baby carriage. women fuck themselves when they try

to do it back wards...yes they do.

It doesnt matter if you have kids before marriage it matters that they where garbage and killed an innocent my kids all born out of wedlock to a peice of shit sperm donor

It doesnt matter if you have kids before marriage it matters that they where garbage and killed an innocent my kids all born out of wedlock to a peice of shit sperm donor

You should never talk about your kids father that way ... like even if he is, you shouldn't talk like that. Because knowing is different than speaking.

Ignore Lithiumgirl she’s a troll. It doesn’t matter if parents are married; it matters how they treat their kids. This guy was an entitled douchebag who should NEVER have gotten back custody. Mom should never have backed him up in the custody dispute or covered for the murder. Despite her claims, I have no doubt that Littledick was abusing her too.

You should never talk about your kids father that way ... like even if he is, you shouldn't talk like that. Because knowing is different than speaking.

Seeing as I typed it out instead of speaking it out loud im pretty sure im safe his scumbag ass knows what he is already seeing it typed out probably wont hurt him much ive said far worse to his face

Seeing as I typed it out instead of speaking it out loud im pretty sure im safe

Do you really think so ... ? It's in print. Face to face is totally different ... You can at least deny it ... he said / she said ... as long as you're not being recorded. But my point is you shouldn't talk like that ... even if its true.
Its the father of your children, it reflects badly on you too.
[doublepost=1521927523,1521927302][/doublepost]
Ignore Lithiumgirl she’s a troll.

Pretty nice troll ... get it right.

Do you really think so ... ? It's in print. Face to face is totally different ... You can at least deny it ... he said / she said ... as long as you're not being recorded. But my point is you shouldn't talk like that ... even if its true.
Its the father of your children, it reflects badly on you too.
[doublepost=1521927523,1521927302][/doublepost]

Pretty nice troll ... get it right.

Troll someone else i dont have the time for you or your ridiculousness

Troll someone else i dont have the time for you or your ridiculousness

I would never troll anyone because ... well I just wouldn't. Someone gave me that name here ... they screamed it ...TROLL, and instead of letting it hurt my feelings ... I stole it. I prefer agitator ... I'm not trolling you ... I'm just suggesting that you could talk nicer about the father of your kids ... he might be all the thing you said ... but damn. I just think its nicer when people talk as respectfully as they can about their children's other parent ... otherwise it makes me kind of wince. But not just me ... lot's of people. It makes me sad.

Back