• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
High School Junior is misleading. He was 19, an adult.
He is a high school junior. He has developmental delays
From the link
[
eing nasty."

The girls' mother told the detective Alex is mentally handicapped and she was not sure if something happened, but wanted to be safe about it and brought the children to the hospital.
/QUOTE]

He looks like he might have FAS. He certainly doesn't look all there mentally. I personally won't leave any young children, especially girls, alone in a room with a single adult who I don't know well (or that I might have those 'feelings' about). Never take those chances!

The adults were home, why weren't they checking on the kids periodically? Were they smoking meth in the other room? WTH

Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about FAS, but the couple of folks affected by it that I know peripherally seem to still be able to function on a day to day basis, hold down jobs, keep apartments and they certainly know right from wrong. I'm sure there is a scale of functionality, but can FAS result in an inability to know right from wrong? I thought that it only caused mild retardation... :shrug:

In many cases of FAS it is not so much about knowing right from wrong as it can be the complete lack of impulse control.
He could been watching tv just fine, then sees a commercial with a hot or scantily clad female and thought...I need that right now.
Also the right vs wrong thing can get sort of murky with them.
They will know stealing is wrong and borrowing is ok.
Just don't ask them to know when it is stealing and not borrowing.

Frankly if his function is that messed up, he should be in a long term facility as the odds are excellent he will offend again.

Kudos to the mom though for knowing something was off, even though she should have kept an eye out.

Last edited:
Wonder what tipped the mom off? I'm thinking their clothes weren't put back on properly or lack of clothing when she came back into the room. Curious to know. Cause if it was just a feeling because of his disability then she shouldn't have left her babies with him alone to begin with.

I wonder how he was related to the girls.....cousins? nieces? I can't really blame the adults in this as I am sure this came totally out of left field for them.

Back