• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
2luyuj7.jpg

zl3q0m.jpg

BOULDER, Colo. (CBS4) – A homeowner in Boulder noticed some bees outside her window. Then she discovered thousands more were living inside her walls.

It takes only a small space for a swarm of bees to make their way into a home during bee season.

“It was a swarm of bees,” said Ericka Mansfield.

That’s what she saw outside her living room window. She discovered it was a tiny, un-caulked crack of 3/8th of an inch that allowed the bees inside and behind the drywall.

Mansfield’s first call was to an exterminator.

“They said, ‘We don’t deal with bees, they’re protected,'” she said. “‘You have to call a beekeeper, we’re (exterminators) are not allowed to come out and get rid of bees.'”

“Spring is swarm season,“ said beekeeper Don Studiniski of Honeybee Keep.

Beekeepers say each year, nationwide, 30 to 40 percent of bees critical to the environment are lost. Keeping the colonies are how more are made. They recommend homeowners call a beekeeper to remove a problem from a home.

Studiniski went into Mansfield’s home with a thermal camera to pinpoint the bees behind the drywall. He then opened up the walls and found thousands of bees and combs.

“There was probably eight combs the size of a dinner plate, and 30,000 to 40,000 bees,” he said.

Studiniski says it’s important to remove bees the right way with the combs otherwise the smell of honey and wax will attract more bees and other insects, creating an ongoing problem.

Mansfield also learned insurance won’t pick up the tab to the tune of several thousand dollars.

“They don’t cover animals and insects,” she said.

The best advice for homeowners is to survey their home before springtime and see what areas may need caulking.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/06/22/bee-swarms-honeybees-beekeepers-boulder/

HOLY BEEJEZUS! :jawdrop: THIS HAS ME LOOKING FOR MY EPI-PEN. :nailbiting:

I was stung inside my mouth by "something" ...
I don't know what exactly :shrug: I swallowed it :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I would have kept the honey combs. And exterminated the bees myself as they one by one made their way out of the home. Seriously. Thousands of dollars is too much to have someone rip my house apart to save annoying insects for any reason. JMHO

Thanks for the Oprah gif, she's so fucking hot, especially for her age. A 70 year old woman should not look that damn good.

Mansfield’s first call was to an exterminator.
“They said, ‘We don’t deal with bees, they’re protected,'” she said. “‘You have to call a beekeeper, we’re (exterminators) are not allowed to come out and get rid of bees.'”

I don't know how these extermination companies stay in business. They really getting THAT many bug calls they're able to turn a profit? I'd think they would specialize in areas like these.

“They don’t cover animals and insects,” she said.

But the bees didn't cause the damage to the house.

so mighty..
I was stung inside my mouth by "something" ...
I don't know what exactly :shrug: I swallowed it :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

You have to grab em first and instantly start shaking them violently in your hand. They become disoriented, they often will expel their stinger(but without effectively stinging your hand if you're shaking hard enough), and then quickly pop em in your mouth and chew as quickly as possible, avoiding tongue contact. Eating bees is one of the easiest ways to impress simpletons on dares or win cheap bets.

I would have kept the honey combs. And exterminated the bees myself as they one by one made their way out of the home. Seriously. Thousands of dollars is too much to have someone rip my house apart to save annoying insects for any reason. JMHO

Agree. I LOVE bees and always promote their significance and importance, but i too would waste the fuckers before spending a penny.

I meant to disagree with you saying bees are mighty btw. Bees are fucking weak and pathetic, that's why so many die out each year. Pitiful creatures really. I have zero fear of them.

Back