• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
25oxi5w.jpg

Jodi Bassett​
[...]
Officials say Garden City Police arrested 35-year-old Jodi Bassett and charged her with first degree arson as well as three felony counts of injury to a child.

Boise Firefighters were called to a house fire
[...]
Several neighbors had called 911 reporting explosions coming from the house. When officers and firefighters arrived, they found the front windows blown out and the garage door bulging in the middle. One explosion had knocked a living room wall off the foundation.

"Firefighters narrowly escaped injury as one of the explosions occurred just as the first fire crews were arriving on scene," police said in a news release. "The explosions engulfed the house in fire."

The three children were able to escape the house without getting hurt.
[...]
fire was determined suspicious "almost immediately."

Police have not said how she allegedly started the fire.
http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/Jodi-Bassett-House-Fire-Arrest-News-Idaho-226341711.html?hpt=ju_bn6

Boise Police Arson Detectives have arrested a woman after a fire that destroyed a home in East Boise last winter was intentionally set while three children were left inside.
[....]
Firefighters escaped injury after an explosion occurred when the first crews came onto the scene.
Three children were found inside the home and were able to escape without injury, due to rescue efforts of Boise Firefighters.
[...]
The children have not been in the custody of the suspect since the incident. To protect the children who are victims of this crime, no further identifying information is available from Boise PD at this time. The young victims have been receiving support and assistance through the Boise Police Department Victim Services Unit.

Bassett was charged with Arson 1st degree (F), Felony Injury to a Child - 3 counts .
http://www.kivitv.com/news/local/Wo...ouse-fire-with-children-inside-226340561.html

Okay, so hell's making room for this frigid bitch - but explosions? It's already icy conditions in her heart to set fire to the house with her own flesh and blood inside - but to rig stuff to explode (which sounds plausible to me) to ensure the job gets done and to write off the fire brigade as collateral damage shows a heart of permafrost.

Granted, I've read about mothers that kill their own for various reasons (some are sad and others are too selfish IMO) and some might advise I wait for more details...but that's got to be harsh for the children to face betrayal by Mommy Dearest. :wtf:

Yea this bitch is just evil beyond measure. Thank God the kids survived coz I was thinking she got her wish and they died. Who was she mad at or how much life insurance was she looking to get coz something like this doesnt lack a motive no matter how trivial.

Yea this bitch is just evil beyond measure. Thank God the kids survived coz I was thinking she got her wish and they died. Who was she mad at or how much life insurance was she looking to get coz something like this doesnt lack a motive no matter how trivial.

Yep I live in boise and know her, but CPS here is garbage. It legitimately takes trying to burn your children alive to get them taken away.

Yep I live in boise and know her, but CPS here is garbage. It legitimately takes trying to burn your children alive to get them taken away.

If you know her, give us some details.
Please.

Please.

Like what? This actually happened almost a year ago. Idk why it was just posted. It happened in like December.
But the worst part is aside from this she has 3 other child abuse charges, like she legitimately went to jail for it. And yet still had custody of the kids she didn't want?? Idaho CPS fail

Like what? This actually happened almost a year ago. Idk why it was just posted. It happened in like December.
But the worst part is aside from this she has 3 other child abuse charges, like she legitimately went to jail for it. And yet still had custody of the kids she didn't want?? Idaho CPS fail

So, did she get all pissy that they weren't taking her kids away? Burn and blow up the house, and then she's free?

Did she have n excuse?

Wait a minute! I know Jodhe well. She is innocent!!! The detectives were not able to charge her for more than 10 months because they did not have any evidence to charge her. They may have a something that could possibly lead to Jodhe but if she did it she would have been arrested immediately or soon after. They did not follow other leads and they did not interview other pertinent people that could shed light on Jodhe's character or lead them in another direction. In this case, Justice is not Just. Jodhe is a kind, loving and compassionate person who is incapable of arson with the motivation of killing her children. Wait and see what happens before you damn her to hell. How many people are on death row that are innocent? We as a society like to villainize what we don't understand and take the little information that we have and form our opinion. I ask you to wait and see how the evidence unfolds before you make your decision about Jodhe.

How well do you know her if you can't even spell her name correctly?
The detectives were not able to charge her for more than 10 months because they did not have any evidence to charge her. They may have a something that could possibly lead to Jodhe but if she did it she would have been arrested immediately or soon after.
Obviously you know little about how investigations work. It takes time to gather and analyze evidence. We see it time and time again around here where the obvious perp walks free for months while the investigation continues until enough evidence is accumulated to make the case.

I ask you to wait and see how the evidence unfolds before you make your decision about Jodhe.
You ask us to do it yet you don't believe the District Attorney waited to see the evidence before charging her???

Almost immediately, fire investigators said the cause of the fire was suspicious. They now say evidence points to Bassett setting her own home on fire with her three kids inside.

Neighbor Martina Ominski says Bassett was acting strangely for months before the fire. She's very sad to hear the news that Bassett was charged, but says most neighbors suspected her, and believed it was only a matter of time before she was arrested.

"I just can't believe Jodi would do something like that," said Ominski. "Why? I don't understand why she would do something like that to... I mean, she could've killed the girls. That's just crazy. Oh my gosh."

The children have not been in Bassett's custody since the fire and have been receiving support and help through the Boise Police Department Victim Services Unit.
http://www.nwcn.com/news/idaho/226412901.html

How well do you know her if you can't even spell her name correctly?

Obviously you know little about how investigations work. It takes time to gather and analyze evidence. We see it time and time again around here where the obvious perp walks free for months while the investigation continues until enough evidence is accumulated to make the case.

You ask us to do it yet you don't believe the District Attorney waited to see the evidence before charging her???

http://www.nwcn.com/news/idaho/226412901.html

Theres always that one friend who's got your back...no matter what. Even if you tried to kill your kids...they wil go to the ends of the and stand to look a fool to defend your name. I hope for the childrens sake that Magtuna is right.

2cwsuhw.jpg
Mom who set house on fire with kids inside gets 20 years
A Boise mother convicted of deliberately setting her house on fire with her three children inside has been sentenced to 20 years in jail.
[...]
Bassett was sentenced Wednesday in Ada County District court to 20 years in prison, but she'll have to serve three years behind bars before she's eligible for parole.
[..]
"Firefighters narrowly escaped injury as one of the explosions occurred just as the first fire crews were arriving on scene," police said in a news release. "The explosions engulfed the house in fire."

The three children were able to escape the house without getting hurt.
http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/Johde-Bassett-Fire-House-271146941.html?hpt=ju_bn3

But, but, but, I thought she was innocent and that we would all SEE that when she was mercifully set free from the confines of our cruel and heartless justice system?

Dear Tard Defenders: What happened? Please come back and explain.

Wait a minute! I know Jodhe well. She is innocent!!! The detectives were not able to charge her for more than 10 months because they did not have any evidence to charge her. They may have a something that could possibly lead to Jodhe but if she did it she would have been arrested immediately or soon after. They did not follow other leads and they did not interview other pertinent people that could shed light on Jodhe's character or lead them in another direction. In this case, Justice is not Just. Jodhe is a kind, loving and compassionate person who is incapable of arson with the motivation of killing her children. Wait and see what happens before you damn her to hell. How many people are on death row that are innocent? We as a society like to villainize what we don't understand and take the little information that we have and form our opinion. I ask you to wait and see how the evidence unfolds before you make your decision about Jodhe.
Were you in jail with her? I was and she was mentally ill. She made it a game with other inmates in the guessing game on her charges then when we found out it was not necessarily her crime that pissed us off it was the fact that she made a game out of it and it involved kids. She has problems i get that all people do in jail. Then to not take responsibility for her actions or even have the heart to say hey i am sorry. She needs help big time. I was close with her un jail until she made up the guessing game and caused issues for all of us. I hope she gets help and gets better. I do know her youngest daughter is doing very well being with her daddy he takes good care of her and shes happy. How do i know? I talk to him. And he has built a life for his daughter and himself i just hope when jodi gets out that she leaves the kids alone.

Please.
Want an update
Post automatically merged:

What anyone wanna know I got you

Last edited:

Want an update

What anyone wanna know I got you
Let's say you should Google people before you date them. She is a master manipulator. She keeps most people at arms length, so they love her. She is goid but she eventually looses control and you see a whole diffrent side. Almost like a completely different person. It's insane. She however does not really care for kids to much. So she stays away from them for the most part. Does not like dogs they need to much attention. She has to be the center of all attention at all times.

@lmafodumb yes! What information do you have to share with us? Inquiring minds want to know!
She lives in meridian. Owns a buss. Is a narrsatistic peice of work. And hides it very well. No one knows about her past.

She lives in meridian. Owns a buss. Is a narrsatistic peice of work. And hides it very well. No one knows about her past.
Everyone just loves her. Well not everyone.

Back