• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

TheMorningStar

is a catcus
burnie-grill-hotdogs_zpsqouz0gju.jpg

More than 30 people who attended an event with motivational speaker Tony Robbins have been treated for burns after Robbins encouraged them to walk on hot coals as a way of conquering their fears, Dallas fire officials said.

Five people were taken to a hospital Thursday night, while the rest were treated at the scene for burns to their feet and lower extremities, Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said.
Paul Gold of West Palm Beach, Florida, suffered second-degree burns on both feet that will take about two weeks to heal, he told The Associated Press on Friday from a burn unit. It was the second time he's walked on hot coals; the first he described as a "very good experience" at a Robbins seminar a few months ago in Florida.

He said the difference Thursday was that it appeared staff members didn't allow the coals to cool enough before adding more to the pile, which was about 3 to 4 feet wide and about 20 feet long. He realized halfway through his walk over the coals that he'd suffered burns.

"In hindsight, jumping off would have been a fantastic idea," he said. "But when you're in the spirit of the moment, you're kinda focused on one task.":YOW:
http://abc7ny.com/news/motivational-speaker-tony-robbins-coal-walk-burns-more-than-30/1401198/

Who thinks it's a good idea to walk on hot coals? Not me, no matter how long they've cooled. Which would then make them not hot, so who are you trying to fool then?

Not an ounce of sympathy from me. If you need to spend your time and money, paying some scam artist so that you can hang around him and hang onto his every word, then you're just a sad bloody individual in my book.

People actually pay some random jackass a bunch of money for the privilege of being told WHY they're failing at life and to hear some glib slogans on how to improve things, and to walk on bloody hot coals. The irony there is amusing.

I hope the scorched ones spend their recovery time having a think over why they need to gratefully throw their money at a shyster and do everything he says. They need a therapist, not Tony Robbins.

What fucking idiots. They all deserve it for attending such a stupid ass event in the first place. Tony Robbins is an annoying, horsefaced dipshit who profits off desperate losers.

And this florida douchebag they interviewed should be too embarrassed to even give an interview. Why was he even attending the event if he was at one just 2 months ago? Did that one fail to motivate him? Wouldn't you start to lose faith in the jackass Tony Robbins if after 2 months you're already feeling uninspired and unmotivated?

It's unfortunate no one died.

You know they were burned because they just didn't believe hard enough, or is it they believed too much and things have a way of telling you that you're being an idiot.

Doesn't really matter how hard you believe you can walk on hot coals, hot coals are still HOT! No amount of belief will stop your feet from blistering unless they coals are cool enough to walk on and then you're really an idiot to believe you're walking on hot coals.

And if you understand that you get cookies, nice soft peanut butter ones.

Back