• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Not going to happen anymore than we were going to ask a member to stop using another member's picture as an avatar (an act that was a hell of a lot creepier than neg repping a post history).

While I agree that using someone elses Avi is waaaaay creepy, (and it totally is) This crazy loon is crossing a line, whether you want to admit it or not. (and you don't) I'm just using the ignore feature, but some people literally can't.

Do you not see the difference? I don't give a shit if he finds every comment I ever posted and marks it in a negative way. Big fucking whoop right? The time involved in such an endeavor however, will always concern me, because it is crazy obsessive. And when someone is that blatantly unstable, and their attention is focused on me, I will always be concerned. I really don't think that my thoughts on the matter are outside of the the normal box either.

I have heard of worse happening. I've been told stories about what has happened on here in years past. But I agree that it's wise to be concerned. Just don't put out any info that can actually say who you are and where you are. No one is safe anymore. We've probably never been.

However, I'm with BG that it makes for uncomfortable hanging out here.

However, I'm with BG that it makes for uncomfortable hanging out here.

Then talk to other members about not engaging in page long, back and forth insults with people they do not know. It makes life easier for everyone involved.

Also, sorry my underwear isn't bunched up over some negative reps. I have dealt with threats of violence, three death threats, multiple threats of lawsuits, countless email exchanges with lawyers, and a nice exchange with a private detective hired specifically to find my real identity. But I don't bitch about it because it is the risk I take when running a site like this. Pissing someone off and having them neg rep you is also a chance you take when you engage them in juvenile back-and forths.

Last edited:
Me, me, me. I feed the trolls.
I will make an effort to stop. Not for my comfort because I find it freaking hilarious, but for everyone else's comfort.

I read the back and forth. I think the guy was a dick but he was charged under a law that is a wide brush. Hell, I'd be tempted to plead guilty just to get it over with if it were me.

In other news...wtf, people? How old are we? You know what you should do @Morbid? Make reps anon again so they really have something to cry about. Nothing like being told anonymously that you're a dirty whore and should die in a fiery crash to get your juices going. This thread and the bleeding into every other thread is fucking ridiculous.

Last edited:
Jesus. That wasn't close to being as bad as some of the shit you read on Youtube videos.

I agree. It was detestable, but a lot of people are. I'm really surprised it went as far as a conviction and sentencing.

And I'm a lefty feminist SJW with a podgy arse. :kiss:

@Morbid I wasn't actually requesting you to DO anything. Just don't trivialize others feelings. I know, I know, it's not your job to babysit, nor should it be. And I really am sorry for the real life bullshit you've had to deal with. (seriously, multiple threats of violence and death threats??!! Jeebus, bitches really are crazy. Sorry for that)

@Morbid is right though. While it doesn't personally bother me to deal with trolls, I do realize it makes others uncomfortable. So try your best to push that ignore button or not reply (unless you're totally bored and need entertainment and truly don't care about your reps).

Also, remember he's right too that it doesn't matter WHAT you say to a troll, it's the fact you're saying SOMETHING.

I read the back and forth. I think the guy was a dick but he was charged under a law that is a wide brush. Hell, I'd be tempted to plead guilty just to get it over with if it were me.

In other news...wtf, people? How old are we? You know what you should do @Morbid? Make reps anon again so they really have something to cry about. Nothing like being told anonymously that you're a dirty whore and should die in a fiery crash to get your juices going. This thread and the bleeding into every other thread is fucking ridiculous.

Lmao! I forgot anon neg reps! Remember when the forum changed and all of a sudden you could see who wrote them? Ooh that was a glorious day.

Wait wait wait is it Zach Alchin or Zane Alchin? One link even said Zale Alchin :banghead:

I'm guessing, because I haven't followed the story until yesterday.

I think Zane is his Facebook identity. All the media reporting on his court appearances has him as Zach.

Just in case my lack of involvement gives anyone the impression that I might have a differing opinion than the other two...

I don't. Morbid lured me over here from an over-moderated site that I had very openly shared my frustration with. Now that I understand the situation thoroughly, I'd be the dissenting voice if the other two favored a ban.

Don't start none, won't be none. Words to live by.

Jesus. I could have saved a shit load of time and typing had I just used that.

No, your words were good. It was a nice reversal of roles. Usually I'm the one with the paragraphs, and you're the one who swoops in with a succinct quip.

We can totally switch back after this.

I don't have any argument for that. I tend to agree with you. I just thought the use of the word "trolling" in the title and in the articles was downplaying his words somewhat.

I agree with the slippery slope call. We do overdo the PC thing down here. It isn't a great precedent to have in the system. But hey! Some disillusioned fossil of a judge just had his 15 minutes .....

We're a lot closer to a so-called Nanny State than I think a lot of Australians are comfortable with admitting.

I agree with both sides. Morbid is right in that its a slippery slope. But I also resent that these jerks think they can say and do things from behind a computer screen, that they wouldn't have the balls to do in real life. Not only because the law would be on their ass (imagine this guy shouting what he said, at that woman, in a pub.) but also because they'd fear public shame - and others coming to the target's aid.

I don't know what the answer is. But it frustrates me, the idea that underneath our social civility, the human race still has a lot of uncivilized nastiness about us.

I'll just leave this here:

http://now.howstuffworks.com/2016/06/23/the-troll-the-science-being-an-awful-person

Life is full of frustrations. For me, a troll is just an opportunity to vent those frustrations on a being that really doesn't give a shit. Puts a big smile on my face, and certainly doesn't hurt the troll. I don't think I ramble on at any length, I just poke it with a stick from time to time. Anyone annoyed is free to look away.

Last edited:
From McDanel's link:

"Trolls are basically mean-spirited assholes prowling the Internet for ways to make trouble. It’s entertainment. The behavior is profoundly antisocial, and scientists have been studying it for years — not the easiest pursuit, considering the subculture is based on messing with people."

"trolls' commenting behaviors in a given community evolve over time, guided by negative attention.When users get their posts negatively evaluated (via down-votes) … they contribute more,"

Soooo, to break it down, they are childish asshole who don't get attention in real life, so they throw a temper tantrum on the interwebz to get what they 'need' and if you stop feeding them, including down votes, they'll eventually go away.

I thought the connection to the Dark Tetrad of behaviors especially interesting.

The rest of the surveys assessed personality traits, testing specifically for signs of the "Dark Tetrad" personality, which scientists have linked with bullying behaviors. The Dark Tetrad consists of four traits: narcissism (pathological self-absorption), psychopathy (lack of conscience and empathy), Machiavellianism (a willingness to harm others in the pursuit of self-interest) and sadism (taking pleasure in others' pain)."

Last edited:
No offense, @Buffettgirl , but if you truly feel this person is demonstrating stalkerish behavior, then why do you constantly engage them? In shout and even in this thread? In all honesty, they may be feeling the same way about you. :p
Exactly. Because she is a narcissist - she loves the attention. I put her on ignore for two weeks, and she knew it, and still posted feverishly replying to every post I made, using every opportunity to deride me, despite me not replying to one of her posts in that time.

BuffettGirl is running a lopsided narrative to suit her own agenda try and make herself look like a victim because she lost a fight. Most females outgrow this when they transition to puberty.

I find it offensive that you think this is just a lil game.
Actually that is all it is, the rest is a figment of your overactive snowflake narcissistic imagination.

If I may say, I think this is exactly BG's point. I think she wss asking for some type of defusing of the situation.
Its called Ignore, and she refuses to use it. But cries "oh woe is me instead" and runs to authority figures and tries to manipulate situations through lies and misinformation.

It becsme something notably different when thumbalina down voted for 5 hours straight without making a single post.
Its amazing how someone just pulls "5 hours" out of the air, something they would clearly have no way of proving, and yet everyone stupidly accepts it as the truth. Life here seems to run like a movie script. "Burn her, shes a witch! She turned me into a newt!"

But I also resent that these jerks think they can say and do things from behind a computer screen, that they wouldn't have the balls to do in real life.
Just like you do? Eg #311

Me, me, me. I feed the trolls.
I will make an effort to stop. Not for my comfort because I find it freaking hilarious, but for everyone else's comfort.
Yeah comfort, which seems to be whatever a special snowflake feels at the time according to how butthurt she is.. Im surprised no one has uttered the "safe space" phrase. Lol

The fact that some people think electrons down an undersea cable to a PC on the other side of the earth 12,000 mile away constitutes harassment, just shows how fucking puerile and small minded some people are - middle aged people who should know better.

PS. I enjoyed typing this post.

Verbal abuse is doled out by both genders TO both genders. That recent study showed half of misogynistic tweets were made by women. But anyone who has been online for over a year knew this already.

I never said women couldn't be MRAs, just that I'm sick of MRAs doxing and threatening people. I'm also not sure that there's as many female MRAs out there doxxing and sending rape and death threats to "feminists," but it really doesn't change what I said. Argue, call each other childish names, but when you start calling people on their home phone at 3 am to shout about how you're going to stalk and rape someone's kids b/c of something they posted on the internet, then it's time to go buy a gun and eat the fucking barrel b/c you're a complete waste of space and should at least do humanity a solid at least once in your pathetic existence. Suicide's the only way you could possibly positively impact life on this planet.

In reading the posts about Warriena Wright, I felt very bad for her and engaged in some argument with tumdrum. I didn't use name calling or insults, and neither did he. I saw that he was actually quite expert in that area, and I'm not, so no point. But some of you are quite game for those types of exchanges and almost as good at it as he is. So the obvious point is, if you are going to insult and taunt someone, of course they will likely rise to your level and then some, if they are capable of it. Why would you expect him to be reasonable? I didn't even realize there was an ignore button, probably because I never felt the need to use one. If I feel too upset or disgusted by something I can ignore without a button. For example, I stopped reading the Warriena thread and didn't realize Morbid ended it until I saw reference to that elsewhere.

I actually think the girl got exactly what she deserved... Posting that she would - suck you dry then still be hungry enough to have lunch with you- on her headline for a dating site? Really?

We know why she put that up there as her headline and we all know what it means. For her to try to say.. " it's only a song" is absolutely insane. Boo hoo She wanted attention, she got it! Period.

It's sad and disrespectful that the true women that fought for real woman's rights to make a difference in our lives, are now being compared to females like this.. It's a slap in the face.

I don't think he said anything that she didn't have coming based on how she portrayed her own self with that headliner!
These kind of attention whores are why men look at some females as meat only... Fuck her. IMO

Last edited:
Back