• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://wthitv.com/2016/06/18/nashville-woman-buys-home-seller-wont-move-out/
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Buying your first home is supposed to be a happy time. It began that way for a Nashville woman until the seller refused to leave.

“It’s been a nightmare,” said homeowner Tamara Holloway. “The seller has essentially pirated my house.”

The seller is Justin McCrory. He says he’s lived in the property for four years and has every right to still be there.

“The transaction went through and they’re getting a good clean property,” McCrory told News 2. “What’s the problem?”
[....]
problem is that Holloway closed on her home on June 1, and there isn’t an amendment saying he could stay past the closing date.

“I technically don’t have to go anywhere,” said McCrory. “They’d have to evict me and they’re not having that.”

But Holloway showed us a detainer warrant she filed Thursday, which is the first step in the eviction process.

When reporter Jessica Jaglois continued to ask questions, McCrory became hostile.

“Shut your mouth,” he said. “You need to learn to take orders!”

According to the title company that facilitated the closing, Holloway’s purchase date and date of possession were both on June 1.

Mark Leedom with Signature Title Services says the processor for the closing wrote McCrory an email telling him to vacate the property but that she hadn’t received a response.

Leedom also said that he has never seen a seller refuse to leave his house and he’s far from alone.

News 2 reached out to real estate attorney Grover Collins with Collins Law Firm. He had never heard of this type of situation either and offered to help Holloway pro bono.

The Greater Nashville Association of Realtors was just as shocked when they heard the story.
[....]
get your keys at closing, Holloway did not. Lastly, try to work with a seller who has a realtor representing him. McCrory did not have one.

“Make sure your realtor understands that it’s a ‘for sale by owner’ and can work with that other party to make sure things like this don’t slip through the cracks,” said GNAR President Denise Creswell.

Collins expects the eviction warrant to go out next week but says it could take up another 30 days to get McCrory out of the home for good.

When reporter Jessica Jaglois continued to ask questions, McCrory became hostile.
“Shut your mouth,” he said. “You need to learn to take orders!”

That's a shame he sounds crazy. I am picturing an old man with dementia.

I take it back, I found a pic. He's not an old man and looks like a real fucking douchebag.

Last edited:
Fuck that. Just because he's there doesn't mean she can't be. I'd break a couple windows, change the locks, and invite some train hoppers to squat in it. It's mine and they are invited. Suck it. Fucker'd be down with packing right quick after a few hours duct taped to a tree.

Seriously, Rainbow National Gathering is in Vermont this year, there are probably a shit load of angry hippies and shit hanging out nearby anyhow.

Last edited:
What's not to love? He gets to enjoy his golden years in his long time home and someone else has to pay the mortgage.o_O
:fish:

I would have my husband throw this shit head and his stuff out of my house. I have absolutely no patience for entitled hillbillies like these people. Seriously I would be soooo pissed if someone pulled this shit with me. Also, if he said the "you need to learn how to take orders" thing to me, he would be eating his 2 remaining teeth.

I would happily take a simple battery charge for putting my hands on him and his belongings.

I wouldn't...But I would call a lock smith because my house and I can change the locks

if I want too...And I would move in with my dad and my brothers and my sons...and our dogs.

Sit right down and this assholes couch, eat his food. I would do everything in my power to

make sure that he knew 100% what the word intrusive really meant.

See that dude on You Tube cut a hole in his house so his tenant would leave.

she has gotten the keys after battling with the home’s former owner.

Shame - shame - shame ---see what you did now...SHAME! Everyone knows you're

a parasite and mean spirited asshole. She was excited about her house...then you...Captain

Bring Down!

I would happily take a simple battery charge for putting my hands on him and his belongings.

Well if its your house aren't those belongings actually yours? When someone brings weed into my house (as a joke) I confiscate it and say thanks and put it away. When they ask for their weed back (or whatever possession) I say, "its not yours. Its in my house, its mine. Possession is 9/10 of the law." They laugh and they get it back. If they become a bitch over it then they can leave. So, the way I see it, she own everything in the house too. Lol. Including him. To do with as she pleases. :nana:

I still don't grasp how trespassing laws don't apply to squatter situations. I'll never understand how that shit works no matter how many explanations and articles i read on it. Just one of those nonsensical, devoid of any and all logic, type of things in our system.

She should have had the locks changed though. I'm sure she will eventually, but why even make a fuss over getting keys from him? Just change the locks and you're good to go, fuck his keys. Plus, i figure at some point the guy has to leave the house, lock his ass out.

I don't get how homeowners seem to never be able to find a recourse to deal with these situations. Seems so easy, and that's without even resorting to some crap that will cause hardship on themselves as well, like blaring shity music.

Last edited:
Back