• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Snoods

Trusted Member
Three Los Angeles-area women are being credited with saving a young woman they didn't know from being drugged by a date at a Santa Monica restaurant.

Sonia Ulrich, Marla Saltzer and Monica Kenyon detailed their story on Facebook on Friday - with a meme in "Charlie's Angels" style poses, declaring "Don't roofie someone on our watch!" The post has already been shared more than 70,000 times.

The three were at the Fig restaurant at the Fairmont Miramar hotel for happy hour on Thursday.

As they were eating, drinking and having a good time, Kenyon's attention was drawn to a nearby table where two people appeared to be on a date. The young woman had excused herself to go to the bathroom.

Kenyon said she could see the man fumbling with his date's glass at the table and reaching for something.

"I just stared at him and watched something fall from his hand into the glass below," she recalled in an interview with ABC7 Eyewitness News.

The other women noticed Kenyon get a funny look on her face as she watched the apparent drugging unfold in front of her eyes.

"I said, I just saw that guy put something in her drink. We're all like, what do we do?" Kenyon said.

Ulrich went to the bathroom to find the girl and warn her.

"I found her in there and I just said 'Hey I know this is weird, but we saw that guy you're with put something in your drink'."

Ulrich asked her how well she knew the man.

"She said 'Oh my God. .... He's one of my best friends'."

The two had worked together for more than a year, the woman told Ulrich.

The woman on the date returned to the table and tried to act as if nothing had happened.

In the meantime, the three women alerted the restaurant manager, who talked to security. They checked the video and confirmed the women's story.

Soon, Santa Monica police had arrived and took the man away.

The Santa Monica Police Department later confirmed that the man had been arrested with multiple vials of a clear substance on him that has not yet been identified.

Good for them! The meme they made is really cute.

The one on the right is thinking "You fixin' to get roofied too, sexy pants" about the one in the middle. :cheers:

13307300_10210244674420116_3507865734489106654_n.jpg

http://abc7chicago.com/news/3-women-credited-with-stopping-date-drugging-at-restaurant/1362481/

Last edited:
Damn. So this dude waited more than a year for his opportunity to do this. And she considered him one of her best friends. :wideyed:

THIS kind of shit is why women are often so skittish and distrustful around men. Yes, before anyone jumps me about it... there are plenty of good guys out there, but there are also dickbags like this predator here, that fuck things up for everybody.

The one on the right is thinking "You fixin' to get roofied too, sexy pants" about the one in the middle.

hahah def, she's a lesbo for sure. Gross.

THIS kind of shit is why women are often so skittish and distrustful around men. Yes, before anyone jumps me about it... there are plenty of good guys out there, but there are also dickbags like this predator here, that fuck things up for everybody.

Men and women should both be distrustful of one another.

Damn. So this dude waited more than a year for his opportunity to do this. And she considered him one of her best friends.

That part jumped out at me too. And he had vials of the shit on him! Long weekend planned? *shudder*

This is really rather awesome!
Hope the Failing Rapist gets a mob beating...angry mob beating...not the Good Fellas kind

Damn. So this dude waited more than a year for his opportunity to do this. And she considered him one of her best friends. :wideyed:

This exactly. On point!!

34CAA77000000578-0-image-a-10_1464695659214.jpg

Michael Hsu

So the lady on the right of the meme picture is the manager of Fig, the restaurant where the guy was arrested. (Lots more pictures at the link, you know DM). Jesus this guy is such a creeper. He looks like such a nice guy! He had to be putting on the great guy act hardcore to be this lady's friend for a year. Wolf in sheep's clothing for sure.

The man accused of an attempted date rape that made national headlines has been identified.

Michael Hsu was arrested last Thursday after a group of three friends said they noticed him spike the drink of his date at a Santa Monica, California restaurant.

The 24-year-old was taken into custody at the restaurant and booked on charges of drugging with intent to commit a felony.

As of Tuesday morning, he was still being held at the Santa Monica Police Department Jail on $1million bail. He is also due in court later Tuesday for a hearing.

The three women who claim to have busted Hsu on Thursday recounted their tale on Facebook the day after the incident, creating a meme that has been shared more than 110,000 times.

[...]

Hsu allegedly slipped something in the woman's drink while she was in the bathroom so Sonia raced to the lady's room to tip off the unsuspecting victim.

Sonia waited by the bathroom sink for the woman to exit the stall and when she did she confronted her.

'Hey! Um, this is kind of weird, but, uh, we saw the guy you were with put something in your drink,' Sonia said she told the woman.

She responded: 'Oh My God.'

The post continues: '(She was) shocked, kind of numb, so I babbled "Yeah, my girlfriend said she saw him put something in your drink and we had to say something. Woman to woman...you know. We had to say something. How well do you know that guy?"

'I was expecting to hear "We just met", but I got: "He's one of my best friends".'

'Marla noticed him several times chinking his glass to hers to get her to drink. She played it cool. Mostly, I believed, just stunned.

'The staff wanted to jump in and dump the glass, dump him, do something!

'I was going through fantasies of walking up and demanding he drink the tainted glass of wine.'

The manager then came by the man and woman's table and said one of the 'computers was down' and there would be a slight delay in bringing them the bill.

Next, Sonia claims Santa Monica Police Department officers walked in and told Hsu to go with them.

Allegedly, Hsu followed them without hesitation.

'The head of security came by and said that because we notified them immediately, they were able to go back and review the footage from the security camera.

'They got him on tape. They had proof of him drugging this girl. They took the glass away as evidence.

'They kept us for statements. We asked the girl if she had a ride home,' Sonia wrote.

The woman tells Sonia, Marla and Monica that Hsu drove and her car is at his house.

Sonia then writes that multiple people approached their table to tell them they knew someone who had been drugged and thanked them for speaking up.

'Some heroes don't wear capes. Thank you,' one said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-warned-date-drink-spiked-viral-incident.html

Last edited:
I got roofied once, but I don't know by whom, and luckily, the dose wasn't large enough to do all it was meant to. It was really bizarre. I was suddenly completely absent-minded. I don't remember going home, but I must have arrived shortly after the stuff kicked in. Perhaps I could detect something weird about my drink, or someone around me, and instinctively headed home? Who knows. I was functional, but I couldn't remember what I was doing at any given moment, couldn't remember words that had just been spoken to me, and I felt a little woozy. Lasted a couple of hours, under the supervision of my husband, who pretty instantly suggested I had been drugged. If someone had given me an appropriate dose for my size, I could have easily been taken advantage of, and wouldn't have even known it, perhaps. Yay for being an amazon.

I've always kept an eye on women when I'm out and about as a result. I mean, if a guy would be so bold as to target me, everyone's at risk.

Entitlement's got to be reversed. No one owes anything to anyone else simply because that was "anyone else's" exclusive expectation.

The man accused of an attempted date rape that made national headlines has been identified.

Michael Hsu was arrested last Thursday after a group of three friends said they noticed him spike the drink of his date at a Santa Monica, California restaurant.

The 24-year-old was taken into custody at the restaurant and booked on charges of drugging with intent to commit a felony.

As of Tuesday morning, he was still being held at the Santa Monica Police Department Jail on $1million bail. He is also due in court later Tuesday for a hearing.

The three women who claim to have busted Hsu on Thursday recounted their tale on Facebook the day after the incident, creating a meme that has been shared more than 110,000 times.

The picture shows the three women in a Charlie's Angels stance with the line 'Don't roofie someone on our watch'.

Sonia Ulrich, Marla Saltzer and Monica Kenyon were out for dinner at FIG restaurant when they say they noticed the man pour something into his companion's drink as they shared a bottle of wine.

[…]

Jezebel reported a manager at the restaurant corroborated the women's story.

Sonia wrote on Facebook: 'Monica, Marla and I were at Fig at the Fairmont for their delicious happy hour ('Fig at 5.' Treat yourself).

'I was going on about something and saw Monica staring behind and making a funny face. I stopped. "What's going on?" After a few second she said, "That guy just put something in her drink".'

Hsu allegedly slipped something in the woman's drink while she was in the bathroom so Sonia raced to the lady's room to tip off the unsuspecting victim.

Sonia waited by the bathroom sink for the woman to exit the stall and when she did she confronted her.

'Hey! Um, this is kind of weird, but, uh, we saw the guy you were with put something in your drink,' Sonia said she told the woman.

She responded: 'Oh My God.'

The post continues: '(She was) shocked, kind of numb, so I babbled "Yeah, my girlfriend said she saw him put something in your drink and we had to say something. Woman to woman...you know. We had to say something. How well do you know that guy?"

'I was expecting to hear "We just met", but I got: "He's one of my best friends".'

The woman told Sonia she had known Hsu for a year and a half and that they worked together.

When the two walked back to their tables Marla was speaking with a server to get a manager involved.

A manager at Fig then approached the table and the woman ordered a sparkling water from him.

The manager told the three women because he had not witnessed anything himself he was unable to do anything.

Sonia wrote on Facebook: 'The poor woman had to sit through 40 more minutes, sitting across from "one of her best friends" knowing that he was trying to drug her.

'Marla noticed him several times chinking his glass to hers to get her to drink. She played it cool. Mostly, I believed, just stunned.

'The staff wanted to jump in and dump the glass, dump him, do something!

'I was going through fantasies of walking up and demanding he drink the tainted glass of wine.'

The manager then came by the man and woman's table and said one of the 'computers was down' and there would be a slight delay in bringing them the bill.

Next, Sonia claims Santa Monica Police Department officers walked in and told Hsu to go with them.

[…]

'The head of security came by and said that because we notified them immediately, they were able to go back and review the footage from the security camera.

'They got him on tape. They had proof of him drugging this girl. They took the glass away as evidence.

'They kept us for statements. We asked the girl if she had a ride home,' Sonia wrote.

The woman tells Sonia, Marla and Monica that Hsu drove and her car is at his house.

Sonia then writes that multiple people approached their table to tell them they knew someone who had been drugged and thanked them for speaking up.
LINK

I would like to see his Adams Apple smashed in with a baton.
Guy looks like he is proud in a way.
Looks like he cries easily...we should find out.

Mar 1, 2017
A Los Angeles Superior Court Judge dismissed all, but one charge against a man accused of slipping ecstasy, also known as the “love pill” into his date’s drink at a Santa Monica hotel back in May 2016.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Upinder S. Kalra dropped 18 counts against Michael Roe Chien Hsu, 24, due to a bad warrant.

The defendant was ordered to stand trial on the remaining one count of felony poisoning. The arraignment was set for March 13.

Officers from the Santa Monica Police Department arrested Hsu in May 2016 at Fig Restaurant located in the Fairmont Miramar hotel after 3 women witnessed the alleged attempted poisoning.

The alleged victim did not testify or show up to the preliminary hearing. Defense Attorney Joshua Ritter said her absence was “unusual.”

A drug expert testified that the victim told authorities that she believes Hsu may have drugged her before. She claimed she felt unexplained europium when she went out with Hsu and saw pictures of herself being affectionate with him, which is out of character.

Ritter stated that prosecutors overcharged his client and that the alleged victim was Hsu’s co-worker and had a sexual relationship with him for more than a year.

No further info has been found.

The alleged victim did not testify or show up to the preliminary hearing. Defense Attorney Joshua Ritter said her absence was “unusual.”
Ritter stated that prosecutors overcharged his client and that the alleged victim was Hsu’s co-worker and had a sexual relationship with him for more than a year.
That makes it difficult to prove any other charges in court. They had to go with the one act that was caught on film.

Annnd…,
She claimed she felt unexplained europium when she went out with Hsu
Sheesh. Great news editing! Europium is an element.

Last edited:
Back