• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
The Environment Agency has started a criminal investigation into a fly infestation which has left people unable to cook food in their own homes.

Shows Waste Management, which run the site in Derby, has applied insecticides to the rubbish to control the problem.

The company said it was left in this situation by another firm who provided them with the waste.

The government body said "waste crimes" had been committed and its needs to find out who is responsible.

[Steve Prophet, from the Environment Agency] added that Shows Waste Management, which was issued with a suspension notice, had so far done everything required of it.

Businesses on the nearby Kingsway Retail Park, including Subway, Greggs, Sainsbury's and Hobbycraft, were forced to close on 22 May due to the amount of insects.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-36419290

"Yes officer... it started some two weeks ago. First came this maniac "Let my people go" he said, over and over again. We asked him "what people", and his only reply was "The Lord has spoken!". The next day, toads and frogs were raining, and now, flies. What's next? The first born?... help us officer..."

OMG I know how crazy I get when there's ONE fly in the house!

am I the only one that read the title as "Plague of FILES?...........oh I'm the only one? oh well!

LOL

I have that fly racket thingy :woot: it actually works!!

... Just thought I'd throw that out there :shrug:

Flies are an important part of the ecosystem. By eliminating flies you remove a viable food source for many species.

Those species aren't doing their job well enough then and deserve to starve as a result.

Either eat more flies, or ya gotsta go.

Besides, there's plenty of other insects for these animals to eat. I don't think a lack of fliesi s gonna cuase some environmental disaster.
[doublepost=1464795664,1464795631][/doublepost]
I have that fly racket thingy :woot: it actually works!!

It sucks if you're trying to use it on your dog though, or a person.

Back