• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

mynameiskat

Brown Chicken Brown Cow
this guy is creepy as hell looking!!!

A Texas man has been arrested after allegedly killing his girlfriend in Plano and posting a picture of her body on Facebook, according to a report and jail records.

Kenneth Alan Amyx is seen in a booking photo on the Collin County’s website.

Kenneth Alan Amyx, 45, was taken into custody Sunday and booked at the Collin County Jail on a host of charges, including murder, inmate records showed.

His arrest came hours after the body of Jennifer Streit-Spears was discovered by officers who were dispatched to a report of a disturbance at an apartment, KTLA sister station KDFW reportedMonday, citing the Plano Police Department.

A cause of death was not immediately released.

Amyx was also found inside the unit with multiple stab wounds, police told the station. He was taken to a hospital and treated for his injuries, which were self-inflicted, according to the television station.

A photo of the victim’s body and Amyx covered in blood were posted on a Facebook page belonging to Streit-Spears, KDFW reported. It was captioned, “Please pray for us.”

After arresting Amyx, Plano police discovered he was wanted in two nearby counties for sex crimes involving children, according to the station.

He was also booked into jail on charges of continuous sex abuse of a child under age 14 and indecency with a child, inmate records showed.

His total bail was set at $600,000.

A motive for the homicide remained under investigation.

http://ktla.com/2016/05/30/texas-ma...nd-posted-photo-of-body-to-her-facebook-page/

Topic creator, it doesn't seem he was on the registry. None of the articles say he was an existing sex offender. I've searched TX Dept of public safety site, i've searched the homefacts site, i've searched NSOPW, no search results for Kenneth Alan Amyx.

I was in the middle of a rant demonizing this poor woman for hooking up with dudes off the registry before i wondered, "what was he on the registry for?". Couldn't find shit, prob cuz, from what i can find, he wasn't a sex offender.

Some accuracy would be appreciated in the future topic creator.

Medusa had a son?
Friggin' creeper.
She was pretty...too pretty for the likes of him.

Hmmm...

He isn't a sex offender, Jack. But he does have a record.

She is/was a criminal justice major, yet she's listed as one of his approved visitors for him during a prior jail stint?

"I can fix him...." :(

Topic creator, it doesn't seem he was on the registry. None of the articles say he was an existing sex offender. I've searched TX Dept of public safety site, i've searched the homefacts site, i've searched NSOPW, no search results for Kenneth Alan Amyx.

I was in the middle of a rant demonizing this poor woman for hooking up with dudes off the registry before i wondered, "what was he on the registry for?". Couldn't find shit, prob cuz, from what i can find, he wasn't a sex offender.

Some accuracy would be appreciated in the future topic creator.

Wanted for sex crimes with kids a County over... He will be a sex offender shortly. Sorry for jumping the gun. Though I never said REGISTERED just an offender <3

A photo of the victim’s body and Amyx covered in blood were posted on a Facebook page belonging to Streit-Spears, KDFW reported. It was captioned, “Please pray for us.”

Wondering if he was asking for help...look at me...I did a horrible thing, please notice.

Also...Wondering if he was in denial...If I post this on Facebook, will that make this real.

Wondering if he was in denial
Denial, unless he failed to follow prescribed Lithium dosage by a board certified pharmacist.
Then it would become a personal choice issue, along with the crazy apologist(s) who excuse these idiots after the fact with the pity fest of victimhood.

Denial, unless he failed to follow prescribed Lithium dosage by a board certified pharmacist.
Then it would become a personal choice issue, along with the crazy apologist(s) who excuse these idiots after the fact with the pity fest of victimhood.

I do not understand your comment about lithium at all.

My point is that lot's of people that commit murder are shocked by what they have done.

Lots of time they can't even comprehend it.

Lots of serial killers report being in denial about their first victim, they report

that they had a hard time believing they committed the act at all.

Joel Rifkin is a good example of this. Perhaps posting it on face book give them some

clarity.

I do not understand your comment about lithium at all.
Self-medication is a choice. With or without the insanity that requires protection of the guilty.
Then again, chemical imbalance within the brain has helped reduce over crowding since fire was used as a tool.

Self-medication is a choice.

I did not read one single thing in that article that related to Lithium or self medicating.

I still don't understand your remarks.

since fire was used as a tool.

Now that you're talking tools...I'm wondering if this man was using facebook, like a tool

to either bring attention to the fact that he committed an horrible act,

or because he needed to see it some place outside of the room where the act was commuted.

Maybe there was a lot of this is unreal thoughts in his head, maybe posting it on Facebook and

seeing it on a screen gave him some clarity...yes you did this, you can see on facebook you

did this....because like Joel Rifkin....took him a long time to comprehend...I killed someone.

@Satanica @Nell @BuffettGirl
A man convicted of murdering his girlfriend took the stand Wednesday during the sentencing phase of his trial, saying, "Either I'll die in prison or y'all will listen to my story."

But it wasn't long before 46-year-old Kenneth Amyx shifted from matter-of-fact answers under questioning to claims that he was God and that the victim visited him in his jail cell every night.

"It's Kenneth Amyx on earth," he said when asked his name, adding, "but I am God."

State District Judge Scott Becker needed no time to deliberate before sentencing Amyx to life in prison for killing Jennifer Streit-Spears last year in her Plano apartment.

Before the bench trial began on Tuesday, Amyx was evaluated for several hours. Psychologist Antoinette McGarrahan diagnosed him with bipolar disorder that was controlled through medication and said he was competent to stand trial.

During the punishment phase of the trial, prosecutors played a portion of an audio recording that Amyx made in December 2015. It was his attempt to explain pending criminal charges out of Rockwall County. Amyx was indicted in February 2016 on a charge of continuous sexual assault of a child younger than 14. A separate charge of indecency with a child is pending in Dallas County involving the same girl.

In the recording, Amyx offered explicit details about multiple sex acts that he says were initiated by the girl beginning when she was 12. He put most of the blame on her, saying he was guilty only of not saying no. The judge halted the hours-long recording, which was graphic, after about 20 minutes.

Prosecutor Douglas Millican said the sort of claims made by Amyx on the recording are the same reason he doesn't believe Amyx's version of events leading up to Streit-Spears' death. Millican called Amyx a continuing threat to society and a danger to anyone he encounters.

"This man never deserves to see the light of day outside prison," Millican said.

Continue reading at link
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ide-pact-girlfriend-plano-found-guilty-murder

Back