• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Nell

Unending melancholy
Bold Member!
2l8hjc9.jpg

Several years ago, Heather Whitten watched helplessly as her son Fox suffered from an unknown illness. All night the almost 1-year-old vomited and had diarrhea; nothing seemed to make him better. In an attempt to soothe and clean him, her husband, Thomas, stripped down and sat in the shower with Fox for two hours.

"I snapped a couple of pictures," Heather Whitten tells TODAY Parents. "It was just beautiful. It was not surprising or anything out of the ordinary; it's how he has always been with the kids."

While this happened in November of 2014, Whitten recently posted the photo with its story to Facebook after doing an interview for a photography blog where she talked about that photo as being misunderstood. She showed it in a class and people initially thought it was sexual. The post has been shared more than 31,000 times and 128,000 people reacted to it. Facebook banned the photo twice, but it reinstated it. Even before the ban, Whitten worried people would misinterpret the photo.

"I wanted to take it down just because I thought it would get blown out of proportion," she says. "I thought the point was getting missed."

http://www.today.com/parents/photo-dad-comforting-his-son-shower-goes-viral-t92271

Creepy fucking picture.

Why be naked? I just don't get it. Put some trunks or something on, especially if someone is gonna be snappin photos.

Really really creepy, attention whorin shit here. Fucking weirdos.

The guy has a gross body too. Hit the gym if you're gonna be doing creepy shit like this.

Last edited:
Creepy fucking picture.

Why be naked? I just don't get it. Put some trunks or something on, especially if someone is gonna be snappin photos.

Really really creepy, attention whorin shit here. Fucking weirdos.

How is holding his sick one year old in the shower creepy? Maybe he doesn't want puke and shit on his trunks? You need a scrap of cloth between you and your infant to feel comfortable Jack? And she's not attention whoring. She's a birth photographer so this is natural to them.......

Oh wait. Never mind. You're creeped out by pregnancy and birth, so I'm sure a man comforting his baby would be gross to you too.

What does the Fox say? Ring ding ding ding...

(Sorry, the kid's name is Fox! I HAD too!)

Last edited:
How is holding his sick one year old in the shower creepy?

#1, he's naked.

#2, he's sitting in the shower. That alone is quite creepy. No man fucking does that.

#3, he has a gross body, def ups the creep factor.

#4, he's being photographed in the shower. That's creepy whether he's got a kid with him or not.

Maybe he doesn't want puke and shit on his trunks?

You're in the damn shower, squirt some soap on it if it happens, no biggie.

You need a scrap of cloth between you and your infant to feel comfortable Jack?

At least, yep.

She's a birth photographer so this is natural to them.......

What a vile, sick, fucked up thing to photograph. This just further confirms my belief that she's into attention whorin.

so I'm sure a man comforting his baby would be gross to you too.

You can comfort a kid without being a creepy gross fuck about it.

Read the story Jack, maybe the reason behind the picture will help you see it's beauty...

Not sure why you don' t think i read it. And no, there's no beauty here. Pretty fucked up honestly.

Oh yeah I was perfectly sure he read it, reading it wouldn't make a difference to him anyway.

Poor jack.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷barbwire÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

I needed to separate jack from my comment.

This is beautiful and deeply touching.
I can see the love in this photo.
Anyone that sees it as creepy was not nurtured properly.

The only thing I find creepy about this pic is the dude is floating in the air. Seriously there's nothing under him.

You seriously just blew my mind with that. I had to stare at that pic for way longer than I wanted to, but I think he's perched on that little ledge :spy:

Why is being naked bad?

True, it's not like the kid is 16. He's still a wee baybay.
[doublepost=1464664143,1464663047][/doublepost]
On one hand, there's nothing sexual going on, but on the other, their both naked.

Do you have kids, Generic? I could see someone who doesn't have kids maybe being taken aback. But it's really perfectly innocent IMO. In fact I had a lump in my throat looking at it, it was so loving and tender.

Last edited:
True, it's not like the kid is 16. He's still a wee baybay.
[doublepost=1464664143,1464663047][/doublepost]

Do you have kids, Generic? I could see someone who doesn't have kids maybe being taken aback. But it's really perfectly innocent IMO. In fact I had a lump in my throat looking at it, it was so loving and tender.
I don't have kids.

I don't have kids.

Then I can see where you're coming from, if I didn't have kids I may also have said "whoa, are you supposed to be nekkers with your child? I thought that was forboden?" But something like this is perfectly innocent to me now.

Poor little guy, I hope he's all better. And dad too.

Edit: Yeah, this was in 2014 so I'm sure he's better now! Hyuk hyuk hyuk.

Last edited:
when I first came across this pic on facebook I had to check myself because I first felt like this was a big Nope.. Dad should have something on. There's really nothing creepy going on in this pic and it is actually a natural n beautiful moment for father n son. But we're a part of a culture where this falls beyond the comfort zone which is ridiculous.

Both naked and wet: slippery and dangerous. The bathroom is one of the most dangerous places at home. So many fatal accidents. And... The boy* was probably dehydrated: go to the hospital!...
(And the guy needs exercise).
*Edited after several admonishments.

Last edited:
Damn, kind of a lot of body shaming going on here (mostly Jack, though he's not alone). This guy isn't ridiculously out of shape, as far as I can tell. But he's perched awkwardly on some weird little ledge, and sitting down is creating some torso rolls.

There was a fitness model who just posted about this phenomenon earlier this week. Check it out: standing vs. sitting. Taken back to back a couple minutes apart. If this guy was standing up he'd probably look pretty lean.

XxNqlNm.jpg

Both naked and wet: slippery and dangerous. The bathroom is one of the most dangerous places at home. So many fatal accidents. And... The girl was probably dehydrated: go to the hospital!...
(And the guy needs exercise).

I have held all my children in the shower or tub and never dropped them.

The baby is a boy.

He went to the hospital later that day.

The father looked fine.

. Pretty fucked up honestly.

Parents who toss their sick kids into a bath of scalding water are fucked up.

Look how comforted and content this little guys is. You know he has good parents too,

you know they handled this together...she cleaned up the shit and puke every place...he calmed

and cleaned up the source of all that shit and puke.

But we're a part of a culture where this falls beyond the comfort zone which is ridiculous.

Not really. Women breast feed in public...and there is data on the therapeutic value of skin to

skin contact its practised in hospitals...popular in the preemie ward.

it's really perfectly innocent IMO

That doesn't make it not creepy.

A dads dick touching his kid in the shower is creepy no matter the context and circumstances of the situation. And there is no way this dude didn't have at least one brushing holding his kid in such a manner.

That doesn't make it not creepy.

A dads dick touching his kid in the shower is creepy no matter the context and circumstances of the situation. And there is no way this dude didn't have at least one brushing holding his kid in such a manner.

The fuck. You can't keep your opinions straight cause you said this last page.

I didn't even mention sexual reasons for why it was creepy to me. Grow up.

Back