• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
It wasn't a great weekend in my home town ... This happened just a quarter mile across the creek from me about dusk last night. A tragedy.

96m0ox.jpg

A horse that trampled and killed a 12-year-old girl in the Hawkesbury region north-west of Sydney had been spooked, police have said.

Police said the girl, who has been named by police as Billie Jade Mayson Kinder,was leading her horse at a property on Pitt Town Road, Pitt Town, about 5:30pm on Sunday when the accident happened.

Police Chief Inspector Greg Sims said she was taking the horse back to the stables after a riding lesson.

He said it was likely the horse was startled before it trampled the 12-year-old and dragged her along the ground.

"Something has happened to make the horse to rear up or fall over," he said.

Neighbours found the girl unconscious.

When emergency services reached the girl she was treated for serious head, chest and abdominal injuries.

She was taken to Westmead Children's Hospital by helicopter but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Police Chief Inspector Greg Sims said the girl's death had come as a shock to many families in the region.

"She was well known in the equestrian area.

"This particular area of Sydney does have a very strong horse community, he said

"Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and her friends."

Detectives are preparing a report for the coroner.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-...girl-hawkesbury-pitt-town-was-spooked/7457806

I know a horse named Spook. I also know one named Pork Chop.

it's the fear I have of being on the ground around horses that makes me hesitate...

Word this happened when I was six...It was a really long fall or it seemed like it.

All I could see was legs and hoofs and then My Dad thank God.

Our neighbour Ryan ended up with a helmet when he got kicked in the back of the head,

he was six too!

It DOES need to be intentional for it to fit in When Animals Attack. If you're going to give someone grief about their posting, you could at least be correct.

By definition... an attack requires aggressive intent. :bookworm::rolleyes:

at·tack
əˈtak/
verb
verb: attack; 3rd person present: attacks; past tense:attacked; past participle: attacked; gerund or present participle: attacking

(of a person or animal) act against (someone or something) aggressively in an attempt to injure or kill.

Sorry, don't mean to take away from the story. I thought at first this was a dupe of the story about the other girl who was recently killed at a rodeo by her horse... Unfortunately it's not. :(

Horses are great big beautiful beasts, and I love them but also am a bit nervous around them. I broke my arm when I was very young (maybe 3) getting bucked off the back of a horse at the state fair. He got spooked by a piece of paper that blew up in front of him. Doesn't take much.

I have never been around horses.
Although I have eaten horse meat and will never darken Burger Kings doorstep again.

Very tragic way to die though...being trampled, not the eaten thing.

It DOES need to be intentional for it to fit in When Animals Attack. If you're going to give someone grief about their posting, you could at least be correct.
By definition... an attack requires aggressive intent. :bookworm::rolleyes:
at·tack
əˈtak/
verb
verb: attack; 3rd person present: attacks; past tense:attacked; past participle: attacked; gerund or present participle: attacking
(of a person or animal) act against (someone or something) aggressively in an attempt to injure or kill.

To be honest, I would post anything relating to injury caused by an animal on that board, aggression or not. It is not like animals can form criminal intent.

To be honest, I would post anything relating to injury caused by an animal on that board, aggression or not. It is not like animals can form criminal intent.

Maybe not criminal intent, but there can definitely be intent.

I didn't post the story about the girl who was crushed under her horse because it just had a heart attack and keeled over. It's not like it was trying to harm the girl.

On the other hand, a crocodile that attacks and devours a person had intent to do harm, no question.

Personally, I would not move this to the *animals attack* forum. horses don't attack people, they get spooked and its the fright and flight that gets people hurt/killed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rest in peace Billie Jade Mayson Kinder.
When you get where you're going, Look for a palomino horse, you'll know him when you see him, hes the one with the kind eyes. Hop on and ride. You can take care of him for me until I get there.
His name is Zlatto, it means Gold in Russian.

What a precious girl, poor thing. I wonder what came out at dusk to spook her horse? :(

If my experience of horses is anything to go by, it was probably a branch with leaves on it, or an errant plastic bag floating across his field of vision.....
[doublepost=1464761247,1464761117][/doublepost]
On the other hand, a crocodile that attacks and devours a person had intent to do harm, no question.

The death would be an unfortunate side effect of the croc feeding. He was not bent on killing anybody.

The death would be an unfortunate side effect of the croc feeding. He was not bent on killing anybody.

Sigh. Alright, goddammit (lol). Even though the croc totally was bent on killing someone (whether it's an unfortunate side effect of him wanting a meal or not), I see where you're coming from.

Better example: two pit bulls attack and maul a woman walking in the neighborhood. They aren't trying to feed from her, they weren't provoked, they're off their own property so they aren't defending their people or their home.

Just rip her to shreds for the sake of fucking her up, each dog feeding of the bloodlust of the other.

THAT shows intent to harm. That's an animal attack.

Sigh. Alright, goddammit (lol). Even though the croc totally was bent on killing someone (whether it's an unfortunate side effect of him wanting a meal or not), I see where you're coming from.

Better example: two pit bulls attack and maul a woman walking in the neighborhood. They aren't trying to feed from her, they weren't provoked, they're off their own property so they aren't defending their people or their home.

Just rip her to shreds for the sake of fucking her up, each dog feeding of the bloodlust of the other.

THAT shows intent to harm. That's an animal attack.

But it is already turning into the Pit Bull Attack forum as it is. I like to mix it up with other types of situations where animals inconvenience or cause damage to humans or their possessions to make it less monotonous..... :p

But it is already turning into the Pit Bull Attack forum as it is. I like to mix it up with other types of situations where animals inconvenience or cause damage to humans or their possessions to make it less monotonous..... :p

LOL. I don't disagree with you on that! But I'm thinking it's like that because people are trying to apply the "was it an attack, or an unfortunate animal-caused death?" standard before posting a story in there.

We should just have a "When Animals Kill" forum. :p

LOL. I don't disagree with you on that! But I'm thinking it's like that because people are trying to apply the "was it an attack, or an unfortunate animal-caused death?" standard before posting a story in there.

We should just have a "When Animals Kill" forum. :p

Make that "Kill, Injure, or Otherwise Harm" and I am with you! ;)

Back