• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Unless trained properly I don't care how bad ass your dog is. These rednecks have lots of dogs on large properties who never get much attention so if you show up with a t-bone and a smile they are going to do back flips for some love.

This is not just an observation. Like 90% of my moms side of the family is sitting in a trailer or on a porch this very moment lol

Unless trained properly I don't care how bad ass your dog is. These rednecks have lots of dogs on large properties who never get much attention so if you show up with a t-bone and a smile they are going to do back flips for some love.

The family members have been saying the dogs were mean or at least were good guard dogs.

This just gets weirder and weirder. Those poor kids. People too, the cock fighting is heart breaking, but that is the culture. A $3,000.00 car?? I don't see that.

The family members have been saying the dogs were mean or at least were good guard dogs.

The same family that claims to have a not known about that cockfighting or their illegal grow or anything else apparently they all go to church on Sunday's are just perfect citizens right? Come on Jack I thought you were the smartest one on this entire website !! Give me some straight evidence or links before I straight up ignore you like every other asshole here LOL <3

Except, he was the one 8 miles away, so not a witness. Not arguing, just explaining my reasoning.

Actually the one who was found 8 miles away was Kenneth Rhoden, not Chris Jr. The press early on reported that Chris Jr was the one found alone and 8 miles away, but that was false.

Chris Sr Rhoden and his cousin Gary Rhoden were found in one home.

Frankie Rhoden (Chris Sr & Dana's son) and his GF Hannah Gilley were found in another home on the same property as Chris Sr and Gary were found. (With two living children, 6 mos and 3 years old.)

Dana Rhoden (ex-wife of Chris Sr, mother of Frankie, Hanna and Chris Jr.), Chris Jr and Hanna Rhoden were found a mile down the road in Dana's new home. (Hanna's newborn girl was found alive.)

Kenneth Rhoden (brother of Chris Sr) was found about 8 miles away in a fifth-wheel camper. I believe he had only recently moved to Pike County from Kentucky about five weeks before he was killed.

Not confusing at all, right? :wacky:

The same family that claims to have a not known about that cockfighting or their illegal grow or anything else apparently they all go to church on Sunday's are just perfect citizens right? Come on Jack I thought you were the smartest one on this entire website !! Give me some straight evidence or links before I straight up ignore you like every other asshole here LOL <3

So your stance is that the family were simply somehow, some way, completely oblivious to all this stuff and didn't know the deceased relatives that well, vs they didn't wanna admit to having knowledge or perhaps even being a part of criminal enterprises.

Interesting. If you put me on ignore, does it make it so i can't see your posts either? Cuz it doesn't appear i'd be missing much.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...d-pike-county-shootings-learns-to-adjust.html

“Brentley loved his Daddy and his Daddy loved him,” Sam said. “Oh Lord, Frankie loved being with both his boys.”

So it was on April 21 that Chelsea told Frankie there was a sickness at daycare and she didn’t want to take Brentley on Friday. Could Frankie and Hannah watch him instead?

They said yes, of course.

She dropped Brentley off at the Union Hill Road trailer Thursday night, and says she visited until maybe about 10:30 p.m.: “I told Brentley and all of them same thing as always: ‘Love you guys. Be careful.'”

Overnight, everything changed. Frankie and Hannah were dead. So too were Dana and Christopher Rhoden Sr., Brentley’s Papaw and Nana. Aunt Hanna Rhoden. And 16-year-old “Uncle Crissoffer,” whom Brentley adored. A Rhoden cousin, Gary, and Brentley’s great-uncle Kenneth Rhoden were gone, too. All shot to death.

When Chelsea and her mom pulled up to the house that morning, Brentley didn’t have a mark on him, not a single speck of blood. He wasn’t crying and didn’t appear to have been unsettled at all.

He had been inside the trailer when his father was killed in the bed, but Chelsea assumes he was on the couch like always and slept through it all. That’s the only answer, she says. At least the only one, for her sanity, that she allows herself.

She believes he woke up only when Bobby Jo Manley came pounding on the door that morning.

Ruger, though, was a different story. The infant had been found beside his parents, covered in blood.

“That baby, that poor little baby,” Sam says, tearing up. “Whatever evil had done this, I don’t know. But I know that I thank God every day that he spared the children.”

Eventually, an ambulance took Ruger away. He is in the care of Children Services for now, and relatives say it is expected that his mother’s family will raise him. Hanna Rhoden had a 4-day-old daughter beside her when she died. Kylie is also in the state’s care.

But Brentley, who checked out fine during a doctor’s examination later that fateful day, is at home with Chelsea, her mom and Chelsea’s younger sister.

He asks the same question every day: Why can’t we go see Daddy?

Chelsea reminds him that his favorite weiner dog, Tater, went to heaven. And now Daddy is there, too.

“We tell him Daddy’s in the clouds working on derby cars with Jesus,” she said.

She said with her faith and the help and love of family, she knows her son will be fine. Yet she’s afraid. Her child cheated death. A killer took the others she loved and left him alone.

Chelsea can’t help but wonder why.

The Robinsons sleep together now in a huddle. Their guns are loaded. A neighbor catnaps during the day so he can stand watch at night.

“I go to bed scared every night,” Chelsea said, wiping away her tears. Then she looked over at Brentley who was focused on his fistful of army men. She caught her breath. “But I wake up grateful every morning knowing that we’ve lived another day.”

Interview with Mother of the 3 year old, Brentley

Brentley is a douchey fucking name

I wonder if the ballistic work has led to a determination of how many weapons were used. I'd think more than one person would be involved in something like this, but who knows. Two different guns would point to that. Seems cops aren't releasing a single shred of info to the public, wonder if that's cuz they have some shit in work or if it's cuz they have not a single clue.

@JackBurton, agreed, hope they're just holding their cards close to the chest.

One of the men was described as looking like he'd been badly beaten, another had a fresh black eye. Surely more than one person, because there were so many victims to eliminate before an alarm could be raised. If the one guy really fought for his life, there may be the killers DNA on him.

I think what creeps me out about this is the house to house execution, that's some cold shit there.

So your stance is that the family were simply somehow, some way, completely oblivious to all this stuff and didn't know the deceased relatives that well, vs they didn't wanna admit to having knowledge or perhaps even being a part of criminal enterprises.

Interesting. If you put me on ignore, does it make it so i can't see your posts either? Cuz it doesn't appear i'd be missing much.

You are not special enough to make my list. Ignore me or deal with me. You and otter loving PETE are my soul mates!!

P.S you already knew that and now you are the #1 suspect in his MURRRRRDERRRRR!

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-investigation-scientists-work-cops/84433990/

Authorities refuse to reveal what they might know. A leading criminologist and a forensic pathologist are following the case from afar and agree on one thing: The killers had a core target, and the other seven people most likely died because of what they knew.

Both Fox and Wecht agreed one person was the prime target. The other victims were "secondary victims" -- either they could identify the killers or knew information that could easily lead police on their trail.

"Some were killed to cover up what they knew," Fox said. "This seems more punishing then message sending."

Wecht: "One person got involved in something way over their head and into dangerous games, with the big boys, made threats and then: 'OK, buddy that's it then. I can't run the risk of killing you and leaving your kinfolk alive.'"

He called it personal, but professional.
[doublepost=1464558808,1464042938][/doublepost]http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/29/pike-county-lookback.html

this is pretty long but very informative about the family, the dead and the still alive ones, the county, the sheriff, and there might be some new info in there.

I am impressed. 3 crime scenes, multiple victims and no arrests yet?? Those are straight up awesome killers... Just sayin

The killers had a core target, and the other seven people most likely died because of what they knew.

This seemed obvious with some of the murders, like the woman killed seemingly while asleep on the couch with her kid, compared to the bodies that appeared to have been beaten. You don't need a criminology degree to tell this.

It is interesting that they're saying there was only ONE core target. How do you have separate murder locations like this, multiple bodies that were beat to shit rather then simply shot, yet these "experts" are sure it was ONE core and the rest were offed cuz they were witnesses or somethign similar? Really don't get how/why they leap to it being just ONE person who got in over their head and costing everyone else their life, not with this many folks involved across multiple locations.

Sounds like just some meaningless, donkey brained "profling" type bullshit where someone does the exact same shit we do on these forums, making best guesses and so forth, except this guy has a criminology degree so we're supposed to put more weight into it? Seems that way. And i def find some logical holes in their guess here.

I am impressed. 3 crime scenes, multiple victims and no arrests yet?? Those are straight up awesome killers... Just sayin

Maybe. Still possible the cops have a great handle on this thing and are just building a surefire thing/waiting to bring the hammer down. Given the lack of info to the public, it's either that or they're clueless.

Death certificate provides new clues in case of murdered Ohio Family

A coroner has filed death certificates for the eight murdered members of an Ohio family that contain new clues for investigators working to solve the crimes.

Christopher Rhoden Sr. was the only family member shot somewhere other than the head, Fox19 reports.

His death certificate says he died of “multiple gunshot wounds to the head, torso, and extremity,” the station reported.

His brother, Kenneth Rhoden, was the only one who was shot only once, The Columbus Dispatch reported.

Kessler said Kenneth Rhoden died of a single gunshot wound to the head. His body was found in his camper after the bodies of the other victims were found.

All the others — Hanna Rhoden, Dana Rhoden, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, Christopher Rhoden Jr., Gary Rhoden and Hannah Gilley — died of multiple gunshot wounds to the head, according to their death certificates.

It’s believed most of the victims were shot as they slept.

The killings remain unsolved. State and local investigators don’t have any suspects or a motive even after more than five weeks of investigation.

So to me this says one of two things: Either Chris Sr was tortured (multiple gunshot wounds to the extremities and torso before being killed with a shots to the head), making him the number one target and the main reason behind the slayings, or he was the only one awake who had a chance to fight back and/or run. I believe he was tortured.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/2...e-new-clues-in-case-murdered-ohio-family.html

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...n-family-is-tired-of-waiting-in-the-dark.html

In the daylight, Geneva Rhoden makes do.

A friend drives her to the Dollar Tree and Walmart just to pass the time. They grab some lunch. She visits the activity room in her apartment building and chats with whomever might be sitting around. One of her daughters calls to check on her at least a half-dozen times a day to make certain she is OK.

Then the night comes. And it changes everything. She just lies there, restless.

“Wondering, wondering, wondering. Wondering why was this done, why they took out eight lives like that,” the 73-year-old matriarch of the Rhoden family said. “You can’t shut it off. It’s always in my heart and my mind how they all got shot like that.”

She hasn't seen her great-grandchildren since the night of the murders. Hanna had a 2-year-old daughter, Sophia, who had spent the night away from home with her father. And her newborn daughter, Kylie, just four days old, was beside her when she was killed. Frankie and Hannah Gilley's 6-month-old son, Ruger, also was in the trailer that night, in bed with his parents when someone shot them both. The children were unharmed, but now Kylie and Ruger are in foster care as a judge sorts out custody. Frankie's son from an earlier relationship, 3-year-old Brentley, was there that night, too, and physically unhurt. He is with his mother.

In a recent meeting with authorities, Geneva made her feelings clear: "I told them that no matter who gets the babies, I'd like to have a chance to visit. They're all I got left."

Geneva said she isn't worried about herself in all this unspeakable tragedy. But she said she is afraid for her other children. She could not take losing another.

It is those thoughts that plague her most.

Each night, she eventually dozes off. And always sometime between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m., the dreams come.

Seems LE is not much closer in figuring out who or why.
[doublepost=1469631679,1466865971][/doublepost]http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ding-final-autopsy-reports-killings/87584972/

Coroner is refusing to release the autopsy results on the Rhodens.

"I do not want to release any information that might impede the criminal investigation or the families grieving process," Kessler said.

Quote from the article at the link

"Once again, officials are ignoring state open records law," said Peter Bhatia, editor and vice president of audience engagement for The Enquirer. "This isn't acceptable or legal. We will continue to vigorously pursue our legal options."

Jack Greiner, general counsel for The Enquirer and Cincinnati.com, said he doesn't think the law supports the withholding of the reports.

Several newspapers are fighting it and are willing to go to court to get the reports released to the public.
[doublepost=1470355981,1469636180][/doublepost]http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/08/04/Pike-County-homicides-custody-case.html

Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader made it clear Thursday that he fears the Rhoden family killings aren’t over.

Reader, testifying at a hearing in Pike County Juvenile Court, said specifically that he thinks the three children, who were found alive and physically unharmed inside the rural Pike County homes where eight members of the family were shot to death on April 22, remain in danger.

He told Juvenile Court Judge Robert Rosenberger that he worries every day about being called to another crime scene with multiple victims. And Reader also said publicly for the first time that investigators are looking for killers — plural — rather than a single shooter, something authorities have implied but never confirmed.

"I believe if the information about the minor children is released, it would put the minor children or their caregivers in grave danger,” Reader said. "I do not want to ever find victims 9, 10 and 11 and have them be those three minor children."

Reader was the only witness to testify at the hearing held to discuss whether custody proceedings for 9-month-old Ruger Rhoden and 3-month-old Kylie Rhoden, who are both currently in foster care, should be closed to the public.

Ohio law presumes Juvenile Court hearings to be open and that some (but not all) of the accompanying records are a matter of public record. In the case of the Rhoden children, Pike County Children Services has asked Rosenberger to close the courtroom and seal the records, saying that the potential danger to the children outweighs any public good.

The Cincinnati Enquirer formally objected to that closure, and its attorney, Jack Greiner, argued the case Thursday. The hearing on whether to close the matter in the future was held in open court.

Rosenberger gave the attorneys until Aug. 16 to file additional paperwork supporting their cases, and he said he will rule after that.

The judge acknowledged the unusual circumstances of the matter, and said everyone must proceed with care.

“This is a very unique case of basically a whole family being wiped out,” he said. “It’s pretty obvious to someone even as stupid as me that this was an attack on one family, and these are the minor children of that family.”

He pointed out more than once, however, that the killers did seem to purposely spare the children.

Reader disagreed, saying that even though the children weren’t shot, and given the age of especially the newborn, they very well could have died, too, if the scenes had not been quickly discovered.

That seems pretty fucked up that the newspapers would desire info on the childrens court hearings. What do they hope to find out from that? Surely it can't be worth jeopardizing their safety, if in fact it turns out the fears aren't merely unfounded worries of a spooked sherriff who will never recover from such a shocking crime occuring in his town.

I don't get it myself. If they wanted the kids dead, wouldn't they have killed them the night of the murders? Why let em live, just to kill em later? I suppose the fear is that the killer(s) will someday get spooked that one of the kids saw something and will turn witness. Guess that's sorta reasonbble. You can't hide a human being though, not without some sort of higher end intervention like witness protection and shit. If they want these kids dead someday, it'll happen.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/12/28/pike-county-sheriff-sworn-in.html
WAVERLY — Just before he was sworn in this afternoon for his first elected term as sheriff of Pike County, Charles Reader said that solving the Rhoden family homicides will remain his priority and that he doesn’t want or expect the case to still be lingering when he seeks another term in four years.
“With the amount of personnel and resources we have committed to this case since April, I have no doubt that, had we been given truthful and accurate information from those who are closest to our victims, we would have had it solved by now,” Reader said in an interview at his office before the swearing-in.

Last edited:
Why would autopsies not be released?

I'm thinking it's because there had to be multiple perps given the number of victims.

Keeping that info close-hold in case someone decides to snitch out the others etc ... those specific details are what's going to verify that snitchy is speaking to truth and fact rather than "well, we shot them".

What was the motive?
I think drugs and money.
This quote is from page 2
Investigators found three marijuana "grow operations" at rural residences where eight family members were slain in southern Ohio, state Attorney General Mike DeWine said Sunday at a news conference.
Authorities wouldn't say publicly whether they thought the killings were drug related, but an official with knowledge of the operation told CNN's Nick Valencia: "This operation was not for personal use; it was for something much bigger than that. It was a very sophisticated operation."

“With the amount of personnel and resources we have committed to this case since April, I have no doubt that, had we been given truthful and accurate information from those who are closest to our victims, we would have had it solved by now,” Reader said in an interview at his office before the swearing-in.

Very interesting, and i don't think surprising to fucking anyone.

Wouldn't be surprised if they never get to the bottom of this one though.

Last edited:
personally, I think family but nothing will probably ever really get out of the county in truth abot all of this. Things to ponder: dogs and shotguns both can be heard from a distance pretty good when they go off and where was the shredded skin or dead dogs in this. How far do you think you'd have to be not to here a shotgun go off repeatedly? This wasn't cartel, dogs would be dead, same with anyone else them dogs didnt know as they would have attacked. Like a well known akita they would have been screaming their heads off knowing the person if still not attacking.
[doublepost=1484610617,1484610091][/doublepost]Not confusing at all, right? :wacky:[/QUOTE]
this family is so confusing and huge you would have to make and study a family tree to try and keep everyone straight

Rhoden family homicides will remain his priority and that he doesn’t want or expect the case to still be lingering when he seeks another term in four years.

Thanks for the update and I think this guy has some pretty good goals.

I have no doubt that, had we been given truthful and accurate information from those who are closest to our victims, we would have had it solved by now,

I think he will solve it. He seems to know what the problem is.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...e-arrested-drug-trafficking-charges/97130596/

Jan 27, 2017
PEEBLES - A relative of the eight killed in Pike County last April was arrested Thursday on a drug trafficking charge.

Josh Rhoden, 38, is accused of selling prescription pills in Pike County. He was charged with aggravated trafficking, a third-degree felony, and spent the night in the Ross County Jail. He is a cousin to the members of the Rhoden family found slain in Pike County in the largest homicide case in Ohio history.

Information leading to Josh Rhoden's arrest was discovered during the investigation of the April 22 Pike County massacre, but the arrest is unrelated to the homicides, said Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Ohio attorney general. Officials also arrested Rhoden's neighbor, John McJunkin, 63, on a charge of drug possession.

The arrests give a rare glimpse into the activity of the authorities investigating the Rhoden killings. No one has been arrested in connection with the deaths, which shocked the close-knit rural community and the country nine months ago. Officials say they are working diligently on the case, but have provided little information. Search warrants and related records are sealed from public view.

Both Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader and Attorney General Mike DeWine have said in recent months they believed the killers were local and that community members knew more than they were saying. Reader and DeWine have threatened arrests if people with information don't come forward. It is not uncommon for investigators to arrest individuals on unrelated charges as a means to obtain information on other cases.

On Thursday night, deputies from Pickaway, Ross and Pike counties and agents from Ohio's Bureau of Criminal Investigation searched Josh Rhoden's trailer at 3207 Grassy Fork Road in Peebles. Authorities found $7,700 in pills, nine guns, a small amount of marijuana and $8,000 in cash in that residence and in one neighboring it, where McJunkin lives, Del Greco said.

No surprise that city is FULL of junky fucktwits.

That amount of cash/drugs is certainly suspect. THis isn't some low rent, run of the mill, hard up, merely steal some jewelry from their grandmas dresser draw to get a fix, type of pill head or dealer.

Could def see some money hungry drug addict(or drug dealin) relative/friend who's disgruntled about perhaps not getting what they perceive to be their fair share, offing the entire family here.

http://www.10tv.com/article/officials-provide-update-rhoden-family-murder-investigation
April 13, 2017

As the one-year anniversary approaches in the murders of eight family members in Pike County, officials have provided an update into their investigation.

Attorney General Mike DeWine said they have made significant progress in their investigation but not enough for an arrest.

[...]
DeWine recommitted that the investigation is the top priority of his office and they would remain visible in Pike County until the case is solved.

In nearly one year, DeWine said they have received 883 tips and conducted 465 interviewed with 38 search warrants executed.

Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader added that some people still may fear coming forward with information.

He added that the killers will be caught and justice for the family will be served.

"You came in like thieves in the night and took eight lives, some children, in the most horrific way I've ever seen in my 28 years. We are getting closer. We will find you. We will arrest you. We are coming," he said.

This is interesting. The ex BF, Jake Wagner, is dad to Hanna Rhoden's older child, and was a "possible" dad of her newborn. He won custody of their toddler daughter last summer and was determined NOT to be the father of the five-day-old infant who was left alive. The Wagner family sold their farm in March. Comments on Jakes' FB give the impression that he and his young daughter have moved away. So get custody of your daughter, determine paternity of the infant, sell your shit, and high tail it out of town, eh?

It would make sense; he knew the properties, he knew the location of the security cameras, he knew the dogs, and would be let into the houses of all his victims without question. It would also explain the kids left alive part. If he did it, no way he did it alone.

Cops search three properties after 'major break' in the case of eight family members who were shot execution style at their homes in Ohio

It is unclear if anything was found during the searches, and the properties searched included a 71-acre farm in Adams County.

The farm belonged to an ex-boyfriend of one of the victims, 19-year-old Hanna Rhoden, the Cincinnati Enquirer said.

Jake Wagner, 24, and Hanna had a daughter in 2013, and he was given custody of the child after the murders.

Records show that Wagner might have sold the farm in March of this year.

[...]

A second search took place at a farm in Piketon that belongs to some of Wagner's relatives, according to the Enquirer. The third property searched was a used car lot in Adams County (owned by a man named Brian Brown).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ch-3-properties-clues-Ohoi-family-murder.html

Dozens of state investigators and members of the Pike and Adams counties sheriff’s offices searched a farm at 260 Peterson Road, just off of Highway 32 for nearly 10 hours Friday. A team of investigators also combed through items that appeared to be stored in trailers parked at a car lot on Highway 41 in rural Peebles. Authorities did not search that property’s barn, home or land, but rather focused on horse trailers and trailers. Those trailers appeared packed with boxes and other household-type items.

[...]

Leonard Manley, the father of victim Dana Manley Rhoden and grandfather to three other victims, said he is now 90 percent confident that law enforcement will make an arrest in the case.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

Back